Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: You Wanna Pizza Me?

• Start Topic

The 10 remaining contestants step into the kitchen with one single goal: to elevate the traditional pizza into a next-level masterpiece. The winning pizza gains immunity for the whole team and claims the top-level kitchen spot in the all-new "You Wanna Pizza Me?" episode of Next Level Chef airing Thursday, March 21 (8:00-9:02 PM ET/PT) on FOX. 

I can’t believe the lady using the tongue meat had her dish declared best dish, and she was totally surprised by it

7 hours ago, mertensia said:

The judges don't get to act baffled at the topping choices - they chose them!

Do the judges choose the ingredients or is that from the producers?

8 hours ago, mertensia said:

The judges don't get to act baffled at the topping choices - they chose them!

This is what drives me nuts on the show.  "That's an odd choice", etc from the judges.  It's not like the contestants have a whole grocery store to choose from.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

What was up with the editing?  Zack was in the basement and somehow he got salmon.  I didn't know this until it came time to judging because I don't think we saw him cook AT ALL.  I don't think we saw Gabi cook either because I had no idea what she had grabbed until the judging.  How can Mada be complaining about getting chicken nuggets when he left salmon there?  I've had salmon pizza before and it's not terrible.

I still think this show is rigged.  Let's see, one team has 4, the other two have 3.  I knew right away that nobody from Gordon's team was going to win top dish and that someone from his team would go home.  I only hoped it was going to be Jordan.  I truly can't stand him and his "LET'S GO!!!!   LET'S GO BABY!"  Ugh.  And the rest of them are doing it now too.

Lamb tongue sounds disgusting but I guess they gave Nicole the win for her creativity and being able to make that from the basement.  I would have given the win to Von and his clam scampi, but I guess Von has won too many times.  Don't know why Von and Mada were making fun of clams on pizza, I think it sounds great.

This is the first time this season that the supposedly blind elimination judging was split.  Nyesha eliminated the veal because it was too spicy for her.  Gordon loves the spice and thought the pasta on the chicken was bland so eliminated the chicken.  Then Richard eliminates Chris and his chicken.  I noticed that he didn't explain his reasoning at all.  The obvious reason was "Gordon has 4, Nyesha has 3".

I didn't particularly like Chris and his constant talking about his food truck.  But I wish Jordan had gone home.  

So now each team has three contestants each.  I am curious if they are going to rig it again so the final is one from each mentor.  If so, my choices would be Nicole (Richard), Izahyah (Gordon), Von (Nyesha).  But it's probably going to be Zack (Richard), Gabi (Gordon), Von (Nyesha).  From the past two seasons, the "rule" seemed to be that there can't be three white people in the final, it can't be all women or all men.

The women seem to be weaker this season.  A woman won the past two seasons, so if there is a fix, a man will win.  Von seems to be the strongest and most consistent.

• Like 1

This show has become so overtly orchestrated, manipulated and seemingly fixed by Gordon…and all of the judges, to some degree. I’m sure it always has been but it’s become apparent this season.  I don’t enjoy Next Level Chef as much as I once did. 🙄

• Like 3
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I still think this show is rigged.  Let's see, one team has 4, the other two have 3.  I knew right away that nobody from Gordon's team was going to win top dish and that someone from his team would go home.  I only hoped it was going to be Jordan.  I truly can't stand him and his "LET'S GO!!!!   LET'S GO BABY!"  Ugh.  And the rest of them are doing it now too.

When Blaise had to break the tie, it was immediately clear that Gordon's chef would go home to even things up.  I even wondered if Nyesha was told to vote differently to Gordon so that the final decision would be left to the one judge who knew who to vote for.  Both Richard and Nyesha were looking down and struggled giving their vote.  Above and beyond the struggle you'd normally have knowing you have to kill someone else's dream.  

Once Gordon's chef (I don't know their names) got biscuit dough, he should have switched plans and made some kind of brunch dish.  If he had eggs, pork, salmon, cheddar, or Mexican ingredients he could have made a killer breakfast pizza.  I know he said choosing the biscuit dough was an accident and can't remember what other ingredients he'd grabbed.   Whatever they were, they didn't work with the Pillsbury Dough Boy. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

This show has become so overtly orchestrated, manipulated and seemingly fixed by Gordon…and all of the judges, to some degree. I’m sure it always has been but it’s become apparent this season.  I don’t enjoy Next Level Chef as much as I once did. 🙄

It'll be painfully obvious if for the third year in a row, each mentor has one person in the final.

The next two to go home will probably be Mada and Angela.

Who has the immunity pin for Richard's team, is it Zack?

I cannot remember from the past two seasons, at what point do they do away with the team groups and make it an individual competition?

4 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Once Gordon's chef (I don't know their names) got biscuit dough, he should have switched plans and made some kind of brunch dish.  If he had eggs, pork, salmon, cheddar, or Mexican ingredients he could have made a killer breakfast pizza.  I know he said choosing the biscuit dough was an accident and can't remember what other ingredients he'd grabbed.   Whatever they were, they didn't work with the Pillsbury Dough Boy. 

That was Chris, and he did make sort of a Mexican pizza according to Richard.  He had ground veal and corn and tomatoes.  His was the one that was loaded with ingredients and Richard said it lacked flavor.  Richard also said the dough was undercooked.

• Like 1

Chris seemed like a nice enough guy but I couldn't get past the tattoos on his head and neck.  I won't miss him.  I think Von and Zach will make it to the finale but I don't have a clue about the third one.  It'll probably be a woman but none of them have really impressed me.

On 3/22/2024 at 12:05 PM, blackwing said:

It'll be painfully obvious if for the third year in a row, each mentor has one person in the final.

The next two to go home will probably be Mada and Angela.

Who has the immunity pin for Richard's team, is it Zack?

I cannot remember from the past two seasons, at what point do they do away with the team groups and make it an individual competition?

They should have no judge in the elimination kitchen so it would be at least a little fair.  But then we wouldn’t get a final 3 with all judges contestants.

(edited)

Chris took himself out of the competition with his mistake grabbing and working Jordon's pizza dough. It didn't seem as though he really recovered from that.  Everyone has off days and I'm sure he'll be kicking himself for a while over that.  

Christina's voice/way of speaking drives me bonkers.  Without the immunity pin, I do think she would've been gone from this round. 

Edited by eclectcmoi
  • Like 1