Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

Hello party people! A little late tonight.. My 14 year old son thought it would be a good idea to ride his bike around the neighborhood with a friend going door to door to start a window washing business 🤦‍♂️. Teenagers 😒

I remember the first one.. That disgustingly un-healthly mother daughter relationship!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

If you wanted to be independent, you would have been, Megan!

I can't remember her at all.  Hope there will be some iconic moment that brings it back...

• Like 1

Hola fat chatters! Sorry I'm late, houseguest and I got pedis, (badly needed!) and went to our favorite watering hole for their heavenly grilled cheeses. I am now admiring my hot pink toes and eating Jaffa cakes in bed. Paging Dr. Now! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Last week with David and Syreeta was not a big ending, both said they would continue the program.   

On to Margaret, and Megan.   Margaret started at 750 lbs., she's totally enmeshed with her mother who previously had WLS, and kept the weight off.  Margaret is the one who talks on the phone with her mother, Millie, all day at her job.    Margaret lost 30 lbs in her short hospitalization.     Margaret was alway very overweight, even in her earliest photos.   She lives in Baytown, Texas.  Margaret seems to have no sense of modesty, PTs come to help her and she's sprawled out, naked.     She did lose 120 lbs.    Dr. Paradise makes a house call, and it doesn't go well.  When Dr. Paradise says Millie and Margaret need to relate as mother and 35 year-old daughter, Margaret and Millie flip out.   By month 10 she has gastric sleeve.       I have very little hope that Margaret will ever emotionally separate from her mother, or take responsibility for anything.  

Megan Taylorville, IL, everything in her mother's home, except her buffalo plaid  comforter are bright pink.    Starting weight 604.   Her mother is totally enthralled by Dr. Now.   Sadly, even at her young age, she's on a bunch of prescription meds, all related to health issues caused by her weight.    

Megan's idea of a salad, is a huge bowl, ranch dressing, cheese, and at least a full pound of bacon cooked by her enabling mother.    Megan lost 14 lbs in two months.  

She's another poundticipant who thought moving to Houston was a magic secret to losing weight.   I'm beginning to think Megan's mother doesn't own a single top that's not pink.   She's lost a total of 112 lbs, but she has gall bladder issues, and other issues.    She lost most of that weight in a year.   Dr. Now isn't going to do surgery until she's healthier. She's still not ready for surgery.   Unfortunately, until she's healthier, they can't take her gall bladder out.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

After awhile, Dr. Now's  female patients that wear glasses start to resemble each other to me.  Must be how the glasses fit on those facial jowls.....

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Hello, my lovies! My eating habit was an overcooked chicken leg, a small baked potato that tasted moldy so was not finished, and green beans that my cat tried to bogart. And a glass of white wine (best part of the meal).

Joined eight minutes in. Margaret's life post-surgery looks suspiciously like life pre-surgery, doesn't it?

Megan looks good compared with Margaret, right? Upright, walking, solid on her feet. Then she sits and looks like a giant compared to her companion!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Why would you expect to lose weight if you pour a shit ton of ranch dressing over the salad and a whole pack (or two) of bacon in one sitting! 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

After awhile, Dr. Now's  female patients that wear glasses start to resemble each other to me.  Must be how the glasses fit on those facial jowls.....

I think they look like Peter Griffin from Family Guy.

• LOL 2

Mother: Would you like me to fry a little bit of bacon for your salad?

Megan: Yes, please.

Mother: *fries a whole package of bacon*

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Another family moving to Houston before being approved?  Has it ever worked for anyone?  Its symptomatic of wishful and/or magical thinking, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

She's calling shoving down salads drenched in ranch and beef jerky and calls it "all this work". 

She had to open the bag and then lift her hands to her mouth!!!  What is she, a kitchen drudge?

100 lb in a year - at her weight, she should have lost that much in 2 months!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@Eldemarge, how are you feeling?

I'm okay! I drove for the first time in a few weeks today and I didn't have any issues (I'm off the pain meds).   I go home in 8 days!

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Going on sedate walks and sitting around isn't going to outexercise the ton of food you keep shoving down your maw!  To keep up with her eating, she would need to run at top speed for 16 hours a day.  Which would also limit time available for chowing as a side effect...

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I think they look like Peter Griffin from Family Guy.

Going to hell for how hard I laughed at this.

These big ladies who are still mobile need big dogs, big strong dogs that pull that leash like tug kg war with the Hulk. Much better workout than shuffling to the mailbox and back.

• LOL 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Going on sedate walks and sitting around isn't going to outexercise the ton of food you keep shoving down your maw!  To keep up with her eating, she would need to run at top speed for 16 hours a day.  Which would also limit time available for chowing as a side effect...

I know movement in and of itself is good, but I think the medical community has done a disservice to the public by saying walk 30 minutes a day is real exercise. It is if you walk fast,break a sweat and get your heart rate up, sure. Walking a few feet between benches does little. 

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Wednesday is my "gambling" day. I buy an easy pick Megabucks ticket and three $1 scratch tickets. Never have won more than $14 on the Megabucks or more than $10 on the scratch. Today I won a combined $27 on two of the tickets! Maybe I'll win not big on the Megabucks too! ( Yes, I know lotteries are a waste of money, but I don't have any other bad habits so don't judge me!)

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, lemoncake said:

I know movement in and of itself is good, but I think the medical community has done a disservice to the public by saying walk 30 minutes a day is real exercise. It is if you walk fast,break a sweat and get your heart rate up, sure. Walking a few feet between benches does little. 

Or like Margaret, exercise naked in bed! Heck, I'm game! I sleep naked every night so I am already halfway there!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

The comments about 'working so hard' always get me, too. Dieting is the absence of an action. You're doing less. Of course, they count a few ankle circles in bed as hard work so..

• LOL 4
1 minute ago, Red Bridey said:

Where is Margaret? Watching a pile of naked fat on a bed isn't compelling TV? Go figure!

It's like watching a slow volcanic movement of flesh...

• Like 3

Cleaning the fast food wrappers out of her car. Not what I'd call a hobby. I think Dr. Now meant something like taking up crocheting or joining a book group. I mean, doesn't she risk backsliding  when she sees all this Big Mac boxes? 

• Like 2
(edited)

Back to whiny baby and mom..she gained weight. Guess the naked exercise isn't working. What a brat. Get up outta bed. 

Edited by lemoncake