Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

830??? Is that the heaviest patient Dr. Now has helped? It's certainly the heaviest patient I've seen on this show. But I haven't been a regular watcher/

No, there were at least a couple patients over 850 that I can remember...  and I have only watched half the seasons. 

I've had a fairly productive week so far! I put my plants in pots, and am planning to put the rest in the ground this weekend. I applied for a position on my Voter Registration board. And today I got rid of old twin beds in my spare room. I bought a new bed and my old bed is going into the guest room. So the twin beds that were perfect when my house was Party Central are no longer necessary. Tomorrow I am getting a pedicure and am feeling pretty happy about life right now!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Red Bridey said:

I've had a fairly productive week so far! I put my plants in pots, and am planning to put the rest in the ground this weekend. I applied for a position on my Voter Registration board. And today I got rid of old twin beds in my spare room. I bought a new bed and my old bed is going into the guest room. So the twin beds that were perfect when my house was Party Central are no longer necessary. Tomorrow I am getting a pedicure and am feeling pretty happy about life right now!

That sounds wonderful! You have been a very busy bee indeed! I need a pedi very badly. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well, despite losing all that weight, Julian still has his priorities straight - we can't abandon food!!!  We can risk our lives in a tornado, but not the food!

• LOL 4
Just now, Hellga said:

Well, despite losing all that weight, Julian still has his priorities straight - we can't abandon food!!!  We can risk our lives in a tornado, but not the food!

That food is gonna be rotten by the time they get to Houston from Arizona. What the hell?

I often wonder what ever happened to that chick who literally got left on the side of the road by her fiancée's sister. That episode was the biggest train wreck of all time. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I remember this. There were several "break down by the side of the road" episodes. 

It's a subgenre, for sure. 

• LOL 2
Just now, mk828 said:

I often wonder what ever happened to that chick who literally got left on the side of the road by her fiancée's sister. That episode was the biggest train wreck of all time. 

Sharon! She ws the hero we didn't know we needed. "Eat and cry! Eat and cry!"

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, mk828 said:

Oooh, I remember that one.  I think in the end she ended up staying in Houston because the friend who was going to let her move back with her bailed out?  I wouldn't mind a follow-up on her, she was such a train wreck. 

• Like 1

Normally, I'd make a crack about them always thinking exercise will undo what they're Eating, but he lost a good amount plus moving, so good for him. 

And got a job! Hope the second half isn't the downfall.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

The reason I was late tonight? I decided to try to do Jeopardy's new Pop Culture game with 2 friends.  You have to each separately take the 50-question online test.  I foolishly started it at about 7:55 pm. Anyway--I was quite disappointed in myself (forgot some basic stuff), and also disappointed in the test--only ONE reality TV question!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, Red Bridey said:

Looks like Irma could stand to lose a hundred pounds or so herself.

You would think that the whole family would eat better...  unfortunately, doesn't happen all that often. 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Normally, I'd make a crack about them always thinking exercise will undo what they're Eating, but he lost a good amount plus moving, so good for him. 

And got a job! Hope the second half isn't the downfall.

Yeah, for him going up and down the stairs is as good a workout as any...

I think they have paired him with Cindy for contrast, he will be the good one and she will be the bad and the ugly. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

She probably lost a good amount of weight in the hospital, but she can probably regain that all when she goes home.  I am sure the only reason she wanted to get out is access to the food she wants.  It's not like she has anything else to go back to...

• Like 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh Dr. Now. You know the answer to that. She will go back to her old ways before you can say fried chicken and mashed potatoes. 

She will stop at KFC on the way home and pull a Tony Motana with the thighs.. Tell the uber driver "Say hello to my little friend!" 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, Red Bridey said:

We didn't get any sad background on this woman. What are her demons? Does anyone remember?

Let me guess--mother worked. turned to food for comfort. Hit 200 pounds by eighth grade. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 1

Nice to see Julian in clean, new clothes.  The hamburglar look is maybe not the best choice, though.

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Look at her! She's just overjoyed at her weight loss! Hahaha I kill me. 

I wondered if she was trying to do the math...extremely slowly!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

Nice to see Julian in clean, new clothes.  The hamburglar look is maybe not the best choice, though.

Oh LizzyB, I haven't thought about the Hamburglar  in years!!!  😁

Edited by MsVixen
  • LOL 4

He is very likable! No excuses for Dr. Now. Holds himself accountable?! Pinch me! I am dreaming!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ick, I hate seeing people chewing their cud as they walk around. His voice overs are more animated than most of the Poundicipants. I like that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Off topics, my friends, but is anyone else going to watch "Botched Bariatrics" that's coming on right after this show?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2

The voiceover of 'I can't lose my chance' as she is eating what looks like the saddest taco ever is rather ironic.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Off topics, my friends, but is anyone else going to watch "Botched Bariatrics" that's coming on right after this show?

Going to tape it. Ill watch any weight loss related nonsense they wanna throw at me. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Oh my god, I might. Can't resist. But I just started watching Death in Paradise and I'm kind of on a roll. You know that mad romantic rush when you start a new show!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
Just now, MsVixen said:

Maybe. I'd prefer to see terrible tumors removed but I guess there aren[t enough of those to make a long season (thank heavens).

Boy, Cindy is a ray of sunshine, isn't she? But her friend says she's happier so I guess the bar is set very low.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1