Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

I am glad Seana feels she is making good progress, but the way she talks about it - does she realize that she won't magically wake up being able to eat everything she wants after the surgery?  She will have to stick to a limited-calorie diet for the foreseeable future?  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Or one of those scooters? 

Did anyone see the TLC special called the man with the 30 pound scrotum? He had a walker/stroller thing where he put it so he could get around. 

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I am glad Seana feels she is making good progress, but the way she talks about it - does she realize that she won't magically wake up being able to eat everything she wants after the surgery?  She will have to stick to a limited-calorie diet for the foreseeable future?  

For the rest of her life. She is addicted to food and will need to be diligent until the day she died. Surgery doesn’t cure food addiction.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

It's a special mirror.

I have actually seen a magic mirror!  There are only about six Renaissance-era Venetian mirrors left in the world.  I encountered one in a little-visited castle, and the attendant lady told me it was magic and she would let me look in it if I wanted, since I've been the only visitor that day.  Of course I said yes.  And yes, it did magically erase all skin imperfections, made you look younger and fresher and prettier...  so maybe it could also do thinning?  I don't know, my BMI at the time was 19 so it didn't need to.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Hellga said:

I have actually seen a magic mirror!  There are only about six Renaissance-era Venetian mirrors left in the world.  I encountered one in a little-visited castle, and the attendant lady told me it was magic and she would let me look in it if I wanted, since I've been the only visitor that day.  Of course I said yes.  And yes, it did magically erase all skin imperfections, made you look younger and fresher and prettier...  so maybe it could also do thinning?  I don't know, my BMI at the time was 19 so it didn't need to.  

OMG where?!?! I love castles!

• Like 2
Just now, lemoncake said:

Seana those piercings are unfortunate looking with her face. We should be grateful she didn't choose tattoos

I saw them on her arms.

• Like 1
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

OMG where?!?! I love castles!

Wolfsburg Castle in Wolfsburg, in Germany, not too far from Hanover.  A small but cute one, not one of my favorites, but it had the magic mirror.  And still very much worth a visit, of course, I love castles too.  Everyone else in my group (I was studying German in an intensive summer language program and we had a day trip to Wolfsburg) opted for the Jagermeister factory and/or Volkswagen museum, but I wanted the castle.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

He's sitting up there like a king in a parade.

Who was it who cooed "I feel like Cleopatra!" when the hunky firefighters were hauling her out of her house? Penny? Pauline? One of them.

• Like 3

What is that woman in the Fresh Pet commercial complaining about?  I've got a bag of the plant based meatless crumbles in my freezer that looks just like that package of dog food.

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, Pi237 said:

'Gonna be my best one yet' cut to 6lb loss,,?

I really want her to succeed.  I want to see if there is a normal human face hiding behind that fat bloated mask. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

What is that woman in the Fresh Pet commercial complaining about?  I've got a bag of the plant based meatless crumbles in my freezer that looks just like that package of dog food.

That is the ultimate is being picky about men (or women) . I'd be impressed if someone i was dating was loving on his pets so much that he gave them the fancy food

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I wish they subtitled her.  She mumbles horribly, I could barely make out what she was saying, and half the time I couldn't.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Wolfsburg Castle in Wolfsburg, in Germany, not too far from Hanover.  A small but cute one, not one of my favorites, but it had the magic mirror.  And still very much worth a visit, of course, I love castles too.  Everyone else in my group (I was studying German in an intensive summer language program and we had a day trip to Wolfsburg) opted for the Jagermeister factory and/or Volkswagen museum, but I wanted the castle.  

I’m sorry I missed out. I was in Germany a couple months ago but it was more od a structured tour.

• Like 1
(edited)

J.T. is progressing.  Hopefully that lymphedema is going to be removed soon.

Seana goes for her weight in, after 4 months she weighs 605 lbs at 1 year 4 months. SHe's approved for WLS in two months, and she hopes to be moving into some kind of group home hotel type of place.  Move can't happen until after surgery and recovery, so she can get a job, so she fills out another application for the halfway house.   

J.T. is down to 402 lbs.  His lymphedema apparently is infected. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I’m sorry I missed out. I was in Germany a couple months ago but it was more od a structured tour.

We are planning 2 trips to Germany in the next couple of years. We want to do the Christmas markets  and take a river cruise also 

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I must say I tend to enjoy attractions off the beaten track more than the major draws that are featured on big tours.   Doesn't matter where it is.   I tend to prefer travelling on my own for a variety of reasons (though I gladly book myself on day trips for convenience to see some things that are too hard to access without a car - I only drive in the US and Canada, I am afraid to drive elsewhere, and public transportation sometimes would take too long to reach the places I would want to see).  In cities and towns, I usually just explore on my own to my heart's content.   LIke Neuschwannstein castle is pretty, but they rush you through it on a 45 minute tour.  Albrechtsburg has the same style of romantic frescoes, but you can take your time, it's not crowded, and the castle itself is authentically medielval, not newly constructed in the 19th century.  

Edited by Hellga
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

He's sitting up there like a king in a parade.

Who was it who cooed "I feel like Cleopatra!" when the hunky firefighters were hauling her out of her house? Penny? Pauline? One of them.

The only thing she can think of to do is fill out an application for the halfway house? How about getting a job? Hahahaha, I kill me. 

Oh my god look at him!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Wow, he definitely lost a lot of weight, and he looks so droopy in his top half (and still awfully misshapen in his bottom half).  I hope he is able to still get his lymphedema removed and continue to persist with weight loss.   I really feel for him. 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Wow, he definitely lost a lot of weight, and he looks so droopy in his top half (and still awfully misshapen in his bottom half).  I hope he is able to still get his lymphedema removed and continue to persist with weight loss.   I really feel for him. 

He looks like he melted and all the melted fat went to his legs

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I must say I tend to enjoy attractions off the beaten track more than the major draws that are featured on big tours.   Doesn't matter where it is.   I tend to prefer travelling on my own for a variety of reasons (though I gladly book myself on day trips for convenience to see some things that are too hard to access without a car - I only drive in the US and Canada, I am afraid to drive elsewhere, and public transportation sometimes would take too long to reach the places I would want to see).  In cities and towns, I usually just explore on my own to my heart's content.   LIke Neuschwannstein castle is pretty, but they rush you through it on a 45 minute tour.  Albrechtsburg has the same style of romantic frescoes, but you can take your time, it's not crowded, and the castle itself is authentically medielval, not newly constructed in the 19th century.  

I really liked the River cruise, it gave us a nice taster but hope to go back on our own as we also love the off the beaten track attractions. I admit I really enjoyed Marksburg castle and we loved Regensburg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Yep. I was thinking he looks like someone from "Intervention." 

Methinks his roommates at the group home introduced him to substances 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

We are planning 2 trips to Germany in the next couple of years. We want to do the Christmas markets  and take a river cruise also 

Our river cruise was amazing. I recommend it!

• Like 1

No one who ever says they never get to think of themselves first, actually thinks of anyone but themselves.  That's wordy, but you know what I mean. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1