Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

When Abishola's ex-husband, Tayo, visits Detroit for work, everyone falls under his spell except Bob and Abishola, who know there must be more to his visit than he claims, on the CBS Original series BOB HEARTS ABISHOLA, Monday, March. 4 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

Note this is the second of two episodes tonight, this one at the show’s regular time

The way he talked to Abishola at one point was concerning, like he thinks he’s still in charge of her. He’s so smooth and charming on the surface and fools a lot of people. At least his latest wife has left him. It was nice that Abishola’s aunt and uncle assured Bob that they were on his side. 

• Like 10

Tayo is a real piece of work. Bob should ban him from his house for the way he spoke to Abs. I'm worried for the family and who knows what he has planned for Dele--again.

What happened to Johns Hopkins?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

Tayo is a real piece of work. Bob should ban him from his house for the way he spoke to Abs. I'm worried for the family and who knows what he has planned for Dele--again.

What happened to Johns Hopkins?

4 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Yes, Johns Hopkins:  a weekly inquiry. 

The series will probably end with Bob & Abishola moving to that town where the school is and they are saving this plotline for the finale.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

It was scary the way Tayo went from affable former son-in-law to chillingly controlling possible abuser then back again in the blink of the eye.  Kudos to the actor for that.  I don't think we saw Dele with Tayo at all, and I'm glad for that.  I loved how unequivocally and 100% Bob was on Abishola's side.

There's something very dark about Tayo, we saw hints of that when he first came to Detroit and took Dele back to Nigeria with him.  What we saw last night was more than a hint.  Abishola has her feet under her now, and with Bob's support, I think everything will be OK.  That was a cold slap of harsh reality in the middle of a lighthearted sitcom. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

I don't think the cancellation has made the show bolder, as possibilities suggests.  I think between the writers strike and the cancellation and the plan to limit the number of episodes supporting cast would be in, producers couldn't figure out how to handle the final season as they'd originally planned.  

• Like 1

What happened to Doug?  I don't remember seeing him yet this season.  I fell asleep in the middle of this episode.  I'll have to catch up on it later.

14 hours ago, Harvey said:

The series will probably end with Bob & Abishola moving to that town where the school is and they are saving this plotline for the finale.

I've been thinking along those lines but I hate it when shows do stuff like that.  In this case I understand given that it's a shortened final season that was wrecked up by the writer's strike, but I still don't like it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Tayo is an arrogant abusive piece of shit. I hate that the show is playing him for laughs. He forced Abishola to move to the USA. Then he abandoned her and Dele. Then he came back and tried to take Dele from her. Now he's back trying to disrupt her new life. And some of her family is either totally on board or minimizing the seriousness of it. How is that funny?

Edited by possibilities
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, possibilities said:

Tayo is an arrogant abusive piece of shit. I hate that the show is playing him for laughs. He forced Abishola to move to the USA. Then he abandoned her and Dele. Then he came back and tried to take Dele from her. Now he's back trying to disrupt her new life. And some of her family is either totally on board or minimizing the seriousness of it. How is that funny?

Yeah, why bring him back so late in the game?  They're setting up a situation that no one wants to see in a final season.  Where are they going to go with this with so few episodes left?  

I hate it when shows fritter away their last few episodes on annoying stuff this and then wrap up every loose end in the final episode.

• Like 5

Yeah, this is not how I want to spend the final season. Tayo is a terrible human being and as someone said above, I hate that it's played for laughs at all. Especially after such a big deal was made about every cast member except Bob and Abhisola's portrayers was going to be downgraded, etc. - why bring Tayo back? Why not focus on the people we actually care about/like?

It seems especially petty and weird for him to relocate to Detroit considering Dele is going away to school soon - it really does make it seem solely like he's here to mess with Abishola, and that's a storyline I don't need cluttering up this final batch of episodes. Especially if they are going to undercut nice moments like her aunt and uncle telling Tayo they are Team Bob, and then accepting his lease because he buys them off with a year's prepaid rent. 

• Like 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, MsNewsradio said:

…Tayo is a terrible human being and…

Tayo is definitely a "terrible human being," especially in this episode.
Kudos to actor Dayo Ade for committing to role.
Tayo serves to make all the other characters look positively angelic👼🏻👼🏾 by comparison. 😉 
which seems like a good note for the show to go out on.🎵

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1