Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts: Bergeron and Andrews

• Start Topic

Settled? Hadn't she already won outright?

Was this a way to make sure they actually paid rather than went into default?

I believe she was appealing the 49% fault that was awarded to her from Michael Barrett knowing she'd never see a penny of those millions. Erin wanted Marriott to pay 100%. The appeal was what was settled. Edited by Saylii

Settled? Hadn't she already won outright?

Was this a way to make sure they actually paid rather than went into default?

Yes, she won outright but actually getting paid is the next challenge.

The hotel's lawyers would pick apart the trial proceedings to find every little thing that they could challenge for an appeal, effectively tying this up for years.  By settling, the hotel guarantees a lower payout and Erin doesn't risk the appealed items reducing the award less than the settlement amount.  The settlement is typically around 2/3* of the original award.

(*generally speaking. I don't know what the actual settlement was in this case.)

I believe she was appealing the 49% fault that was awarded to her from Michael Barrett knowing she'd never see a penny of those millions. Erin wanted Marriott to pay 100%. The appeal was what was settled.

Erin won. She wouldn't have anything to appeal.

She can negotiate some kind of payment from Barrett, whatever money he's got, future earnings, etc.  It's in Barrett's interest to reach agreement with her so she gets something and he doesn't have this hanging over his head for the rest of his life.

Edited by Uke

Erin did it again.  She allowed a deeply personal sentiment overwhelm her.  Awkward?  You betcha.  Yet, I love her for it.

She broke past all customary barriers when she practically begged Paige to accept the great applause and feelings being showered on her by the audience, jidges, and castmates.  That had nothing to do with hype and playing to the narrative.  It was one woman who has been through quite a wringer urging on another to accept that she is worthy.  

It's us at our best.  In the middle of a silly show.

• Love 1

I find Erin hilarious and smart.  In every post-dance interview she finds a connection with the dancers, whether they've done well or not, and she's kind of protective of them.  In this way, she reminds me of Ryan Seacrest on Idol, who would not hesitate to put an arm around a contestant for support.  And she never fails to make me laugh when she gets one of the (usually) men to do something sexy, and then says, "You're welcome, America." 

• Love 2

Erin doesn't bother me, but neither did Brooke Burke. I would much rather have them than Melissa Rycroft or Leah Remini, who seemed to be gunning for that job at one time or another.  I don't want Bindi Irwin or Ginger Zee either, ugh.

• Love 1

Tom Tweeted earlier today that Erin won't be on tomorrow night's or Tuesday night's shows. Her absence is due to the unexpected death of the nephew of her partner, NHL player Jaret Stoll. Tom says he's flying solo tomorrow night (since the show will only be an hour, due to the Clinton-Trump Debate), but someone as yet unnamed will co-host with him on Tuesday's 2-hour Results Show.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tom_Bergeron/status/780154996394295296?p=v

During the DWTS absence referred to in the above Tweets, & at the beginning of November, it has been revealed, in the linked article, that Erin actually underwent 2 surgical type procedures for cervical cancer. Happily, the procedures were successful & she needs no further treatment for the illness.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/24/erin-andrews-cervical-cancer-diagnosis-hotel-stalker-civil-trial-privacy-laws-fox-dancing-stars?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

I saw this earlier. Hopefully she'll have some down time between the end of football and the start of the next season of this to take care/treat herself. She has had a stressful couple of years and deserves time on an isolated tropical island or something.

On 6/26/2017 at 6:45 PM, Uke said:

Congratulations to Erin who got married on Saturday!  She looks so beautiful and it seems she kept it simple with just a small group of family/friends.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/erin-andrews-and-jarret-stolls-wedding-photos-w489620

Unfortunately I don't think this is going to end well for her. The guy she married is a cokehead who waited until she got that huge settlement to propose to her, despite her pretty much begging for a ring. And that small group of friends consists only of hockey players and their wives, so I find it kind of weird that only his friends/co-workers were included. Not a single person from DWTS/NFL on FOX or even her best friends Brooklyn Decker and Chrissy Teigen were there?