Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: She Lied To Me

• Start Topic

(edited)

So I'm only to the part where they first get to the honeymoon but Jimmy can suck it.  Going on and on about how hard this entire thing has been for him, being a Debbie downer during his "first look" with Chelsea, then going on about Jessica to Chelsea and how upset he was that Jessica got mad at him.  You're a grown ass man!  Boo hoo that somebody got mad with you.  Then to bring up that Jessica said she was hot and he was going to regret dumping her?  My husband's on the couch next to me and the entire time he's just going, "Dear God, man, what are you doing?"  And yes, while I think it was dumb of Chelsea to say that people tell her that she looks like Megan Fox (cuz girl, no) and put that expectation in Jimmy's head, he's being such an ass that I just don't care.  She should have picked Trevor, at least he seemed fun.

*Edit: Forgot to add, Jimmy blaming Chelsea for Jessica getting mad at him by saying that she wasn't supposed to tell anyone that he said he loved her?  What kind of bull poo is that?  I hope she leaves him...preferably by the end of this episode.

Edited by Snapdragon
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

I do get where the comparison comes from because when Chelsea was saying that people tell her she looks like a celeb, I said, "Megan Fox" before she did.  I think it was something about her eyes and the angle she was at.  That being said, it's not as if she's a look alike and her overall look plus her body type are so far from Fox's that I would never put that out there if someone hadn't seen me yet.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I really need for the people doing the dumping to stop talking about how hard it is for them. It’s like when you’re being laid off and your boss or HR says how hard it is on them - you still have income, shut up. I’m also not sure how I feel about Laura hugging Sarah when Sarah just got dumped for her (there’s something about Laura I don’t like).

Jimmy turned and looked at the camera when he saw Chelsea and I just thought “ouch.” He said she’s gorgeous; he doesn’t mean it. (Jimmy is … very average-looking.) He keeps saying how happy he is and how gorgeous she is, and “not that it matters!” like 75 times. He’s trying to convince himself.

Why is he talking about Jessica?! At length! Shut up! So cringe.

3 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I do get where the comparison comes from because when Chelsea was saying that people tell her she looks like a celeb, I said, "Megan Fox" before she did.  I think it was something about her eyes and the angle she was at.  That being said, it's not as if she's a look alike and her overall look plus her body type are so far from Fox's that I would never put that out there if someone hadn't seen me yet.

I don’t see it at all. Jessica looks more like Megan Fox than Chelsea does. 

• Like 14
6 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I do get where the comparison comes from because when Chelsea was saying that people tell her she looks like a celeb, I said, "Megan Fox" before she did. 

I don't think enough about Megan Fox to have come to that conclusion without her saying it, but Chelsea was lying on the floor, covered in a blanket and laughing during the discussion about Megan Fox.  I saw it when she was in that position. I wouldn't say she always looks like her, but there are definitely angles or facial expressions she makes where she's giving Fox, and I can 100% believe people have told her that before and that she could pull off being a less glamorized sister. It's more of an essence than a direct copycat.

So, on one hand, I feel a bit sorry for her because she's getting dragged even though she said she didn't see it herself.  I don't think people would be so disbelieving if she were Megan's size. 

On the other hand, she did start the conversation and she did bring it up.   I can't help but think it was a manipulative move. 

But Jimmy still sucks for thinking his looks deserve Megan Fox. I firmly believe it's the reason he chose Chelsea.  Love ain't blind for him. 

• Like 14
13 hours ago, albinerhawk said:

Jessica may be superficially hotter than Chelsea, but her looks are very superficial looking. Chelsea looks more natural.

Yeah, Jessica looks very high-maintenance.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, albinerhawk said:

Jessica may be superficially hotter than Chelsea, but her looks are very superficial looking. Chelsea looks more natural.

But let's be real.  Jimmy was excited as hell when Chelsea said people told her she looked like Megan Fox so obviously, he's into that look.  Back in my single days, I used to ask dates what their top two celebrity crushes were (I believe the Millionaire Matchmaker also used this strategy), since it would give me an idea of what they were looking for both physically and personality wise.  

• Like 5
On 2/18/2024 at 4:53 PM, Empress1 said:

Jimmy turned and looked at the camera when he saw Chelsea and I just thought “ouch.” He said she’s gorgeous; he doesn’t mean it. (Jimmy is … very average-looking.) He keeps saying how happy he is and how gorgeous she is, and “not that it matters!” like 75 times. He’s trying to convince himself.

There was also one shot of Jimmy where Chelsea is kissing him --it was after they were talking about her tats -- and they go into a hug and he is kinda staring into the camera with such a look... like 'What the hell did I just do?"  He just did not look happy.

I thought their reveal was a little sad.  You are correct with the "I'm happy' and "you're Gorgeous' over and over.  It really did feel like he was trying to convince himself.  Meanwhile she was jumping around like a labradoodle.  So giddy.  I do think he loves her but he is disappointed she isn't as pretty as he thought she was gonna be and given how he kept bringing up Jess, Jess got into his head with her final comment about how he'll choke when he sees her. 

Chelsea is not unattractive at all.  She does have really pretty eyes.  They are her best feature, imo.  But invoking Megan Fox is like a sort of bat signal to men of a certain demographic.  And while Jimmy isn't as upfront about it as Clay, it really mattered. Also he kinda looks like Hank Hill to me so...

Also, he has no game.  I mean, he goes on about her teeth?  LOL.

The show did my man Jeramy a disservice.  He just never really computed but I like his brand of humor it is dry but also kinda goofy.  And too bad he is wasted on Laura.

On 2/18/2024 at 4:53 PM, Empress1 said:

(there’s something about Laura I don’t like).

Same.  Or as my grandmother would say 'There is something about her spirit that just don't sit right with me."

Ok, AD had body-ody-ody... and I am gratified that Clay acknowledged that but said he didb't want to objectify or sexualize her and wanted to give her respect she deserved as his fiance.  I liked that. He won back a a few points with me there.

Brittany and Kenneth also appealed a bit more.  I get the sense she likes his size and he makes her feel dainty and feminine and she really vibes on that.  They seem happy.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

There was also one shot of Jimmy where Chelsea is kissing him --it was after they were talking about her tats -- and they go into a hug and he is kinda staring into the camera with such a look... like 'What the hell did I just do?"  He just did not look happy.

I thought their reveal was a little sad.  You are correct with the "I'm happy' and "you're Gorgeous' over and over.  It really did feel like he was trying to convince himself.  Meanwhile she was jumping around like a labradoodle.  So giddy.  I do think he loves her but he is disappointed she isn't as pretty as he thought she was gonna be and given how he kept bringing up Jess, Jess got into his head with her final comment about how he'll choke when he sees her. 

Chelsea is not unattractive at all.  She does have really pretty eyes.  They are her best feature, imo.  But invoking Megan Fox is like a sort of bat signal to men of a certain demographic.  And while Jimmy isn't as upfront about it as Clay, it really mattered. Also he kinda looks like Hank Hill to me so...

Also, he has no game.  I mean, he goes on about her teeth?  LOL.

I tend to think that Jimmy doesn't love Chelsea or come close to it. Again, I'm not sure what about her he loved other than her being giddy, her looking like Megan Fox allegedly, and the possibility of travel with her for free because of her flight attendant gig. (It turns out that at least one of the other women this time around was also a flight attendant, but she was in the half the cohort who got basically no coverage.) Of course, I could be giving him short shrift, and maybe he has deep feelings for her that he just doesn't really know how to express.

But in general actions speak louder than words, and I agree that so far his actions so far have a pretty heavy trapped-animal, attempt-at-self-hypnosis vibe to them.

I keep waiting for them to cast someone who is actively ugly. But the most they've done is cast someone like Chelsea who is reasonably cute IMO, but plus-size-adjacent. 

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Like 4

Jessica is using wayyyy to many fillers, she is so pretty and im not sure why as young as she is, she feels she needs them. I truly think Jimmy wasn’t ready to have a 10-year-old. I was literally embarrassed for Chelsea when she came out jumping and squealing. Not a good look.

it sucks because Trevor would’ve been the perfect match for her. I’m hoping maybe they’ll find a way to each other.

• Like 8
On 2/21/2024 at 7:55 AM, nlkm9 said:

Jessica is using wayyyy to many fillers, she is so pretty and im not sure why as young as she is, she feels she needs them. I truly think Jimmy wasn’t ready to have a 10-year-old. I was literally embarrassed for Chelsea when she came out jumping and squealing. Not a good look.

it sucks because Trevor would’ve been the perfect match for her. I’m hoping maybe they’ll find a way to each other.

I agree about Trevor. I think he and Chelsea would've been a great match. 

And Jimmy didn't say, "I'm not ready to be a step-father" because he was worried about audience reaction, maybe? But that's a valid feeling, and I wish he would've been honest with Jessica. 

And all of the women are doing too much to their faces. They're in their 20s and early 30s, and it seems most of them have lip fillers. And at least one (Chelsea) gets Botox. I'm not judging them, but IMO they don't need it. Most of the men are barely more than average-looking. Why are the women expected to look like, well, Megan Fox?  "Lips, butts, and stuff." tmClay

• Like 3
1 hour ago, topanga said:

And all of the women are doing too much to their faces. They're in their 20s and early 30s, and it seems most of them have lip fillers. And at least one (Chelsea) gets Botox. I'm not judging them, but IMO they don't need it. Most of the men are barely more than average-looking. Why are the women expected to look like, well, Megan Fox?  "Lips, butts, and stuff." tmClay

I think because this show attracts a lot of women who just want to be social media influencers, so are way into all that stuff.  If they find love, then fine, but they're main goal by being on here is just to attract followers.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

As i said, i am flabbergasted that suxh young women do this and how in the world do they afford it?? It really blows my mind. 

So according to my five seconds of internet research, lip injections cost between $500-$1,000 and last from six to twelve months.  So while not the wisest way to spend your money, $500 every six months is probably doable for most people.  Or one could go the way of credit card debt.  That's always an option.

• Useful 1

yes Im at the age where many of my friends do some stuff, but the total cost of her treatments (lip filler, botox,etc) def exceeds that amount and has to be repeated, im impressed that a single mother can afford that. Im just being snarky because I really dislike her and cannot beleive she came on a show like this and possibly puts her child at risk. UGH!!!

• Like 1
On 2/22/2024 at 10:46 AM, topanga said:

And at least one (Chelsea) gets Botox. 

I thought the one who got Botox was the one who looks sorta like Chelsea, but is more conceited....Sarah Ann?

4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

yes Im at the age where many of my friends do some stuff, but the total cost of her treatments (lip filler, botox,etc) def exceeds that amount and has to be repeated, im impressed that a single mother can afford that. Im just being snarky because I really dislike her and cannot beleive she came on a show like this and possibly puts her child at risk. UGH!!!

I am still stunned that someone with a child would consider marrying a stranger, and then essentially forcing their child to accept the person sight unseen as a step-parent.

• Like 2

I finally got to watch this episode last night, and I actually think Jimmy just has a really bad case of "foot-in-mouth" syndrome. He says everything that pops into his head because he trusts Chelsea and feels close to her, and doesn't think about HER perspective. i am 1000% like him in this regard. But he was EAGER and clearly excited when they were in bed together. It was all over his face. Yet Chelsea kept negging herself and being the downer. She has really poor self-esteem. I caught her covering her belly when they met (I think he spun her?), and she slouches and sits in ways to  make herself look smaller. Trevor was right- she would have said yes to whoever asked first. 

I think Jimmy is anxious about being so exposed on camera too. did you see him cover his nuts when he took his shorts off? even though he still had undies on that were pretty much same cut/fit as the shorts!

• Like 1