Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: When You Were Young

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

We have received a note that a character in this show was misgendered. Please double-check gender identities when discussing anyone (including characters).

General rule of thumb: If you don't know or remember how someone identifies their gender, use 'they/them'!

• Start Topic

S02.E03: When You Were Young

thewayhome-ep3-2593-rt-rev1.jpg

The Landry women and Elliot reflect on what it means to grow up as they hang on to memories from their younger days while accepting who they have become.

Premiere Date: February 4, 2024      Hallmark   9 pm 

thewayhome-ep3-2459-rt-rev1.jpg

Next New Episode: February 18, 2024      

For me, this show is getting better as we go.  Chyler seems to have settled in to the role and seems more natural in it. Alice is nowhere near as annoying as she was at first, and Del is less pissy.  Its nice to see them getting along.

Del was not very nice to Mr Handsome Neighbor.

So if Jacob marries the Augustine lady, then Kat and Elliot are related ... 

• Like 3

I’m also wondering about that family tree

who was Susannah to Elliot?  If they married who were their children?

I love this show, I’m intrigued and pulled in by it.  Every episode is like peeling back an onion, I think about it a lot, I just don’t post because I don’t have much superficial to say.  There is no snark.

in some ways it reminds me of the early days of Lost.  I hope this ages better.

• Like 4

So was the guy in the coffee shop Jacob or some sort of relative of Jacob? I thought the aged up picture that Cat had someone do looked like him. 

I am curious how the girl (sorry, I forgot her name) who is Cat's intern either fits into the mystery or just a friend/love interest for Alice.

22 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

So was the guy in the coffee shop Jacob or some sort of relative of Jacob? I thought the aged up picture that Cat had someone do looked like him. 

I am curious how the girl (sorry, I forgot her name) who is Cat's intern either fits into the mystery or just a friend/love interest for Alice.

I don't think so because Alice said he was the most popular guy in the school and coffee lady said not anymore because he graduated.

Yeah I was wondering that too. Alice seems very straight so I can't imagine them dating, but maybe they'll bond over something.

• Like 1

Well the horse mystery was solved.  Why am I disappointed that it's not a horse from the past that came through the pond to see Del again?  I do wonder why the neighbor who bought the farm next door came on so strong with Del right from the first meeting.  What's his deal?  

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how everyone from the past fits with ancestors in the present.  I think I need a cheat sheet!  

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I thought they looked similar also. Though the Jacob picture is supposed to be of a 30 something-year-old, not an 18-19 year-old. I do wonder if the similar means something, even if they aren't the same person. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Their name (they specifically said they are non-binary) is Casey Goodwin. They're grandchild of the wealthy woman, Evelyn Goodwin, who recently passed away and in whose home they found the painting of Kat. 

I suspect they and Alice will become friends.  Not sure about love interest. There is no reason to assume Alice is straight as opposed to bi/pan. But we've also been given no evidence to suggest it. 

The boy in the shop appears to be the next potential love interest for Alice. He was definitely a little flirty with the comments after the shakes spilling. But, if Casey is a slated for a romantic interest, he may end up being more of a detour on the way to them.

2 hours ago, EyewatchTV211 said:

I do wonder if the similar means something, even if they aren't the same person. 

It would be interesting if he were Jacob II checking out his future descendants.  But since he apparently went to school with Alice, I assume he's just a boy in town (despite looking like he's in his early 20s).

I loved the whole thing with Alice blurting out that they were going to lose the farm and Del's reaction to both Alice's concerns (loving) and the havoc she'd created in the town. 

Really? According to my guide-no new episode this week (due to the Super Bowl?). Yet they still tease us in ads with new scenes! My guide shows episodes 1-3 on Hallmark from 7-10pm. 

On 2/5/2024 at 11:52 PM, sskrill said:

Del was not very nice to Mr Handsome Neighbor.

Lots of telegraphing in that scene. For what it’s worth, I’ve never seen that actor play a protagonist role. He always seems to be the conniving, mean, perp, who’s trying to carry out evil plans.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:52 PM, sskrill said:

So if Jacob marries the Augustine lady, then Kat and Elliot are related

You would have to see a record of descendants to understand how distant their relationship would be (very removed from the early 1800s) and so far all we know is the “Landry” record, where Del finally recorded Jacob’s death and Isaiah never entered his name in 1814. 

On 2/7/2024 at 2:57 PM, RachelKM said:

Their name (they specifically said they are non-binary) is Casey Goodwin. They're grandchild of the wealthy woman, Evelyn Goodwin, who recently passed away and in whose home they found the painting of Kat. 

I suspect they and Alice will become friends.  Not sure about love interest. There is no reason to assume Alice is straight as opposed to bi/pan. But we've also been given no evidence to suggest it. 

The boy in the shop appears to be the next potential love interest for Alice. He was definitely a little flirty with the comments after the shakes spilling. But, if Casey is a slated for a romantic interest, he may end up being more of a detour on the way to them.

It would be interesting if he were Jacob II checking out his future descendants.  But since he apparently went to school with Alice, I assume he's just a boy in town (despite looking like he's in his early 20s).

I loved the whole thing with Alice blurting out that they were going to lose the farm and Del's reaction to both Alice's concerns (loving) and the havoc she'd created in the town. 

Alex needs a non cis male BFF. Her mother,  grandmother and boss should not be her only friends. Casey should feel that role. Alice a teenage girl. Rather it be another cis girl or non-binary. She needs a friend. 

• Like 1