Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: The Reaper

• Start Topic

With their respected colleague Josh Folsom under arrest for the death of Kahn Schefter – the man responsible for killing Folsom’s mother – the CSI team combs through every crumb of forensic evidence to determine his innocence or guilt.

Original air date: Feb 18, 2024

Glad the Josh thing is over.  Though I think we'll still be subjected to the will he stay with Serena or is Allie going to continue to moon over him which is like the least interesting part of this show.  Also don't care about Penny and her engaged.

Of course Trey wound up getting caught but I did appreciate that he was trying to steer the police to Tarquenio and what's the deal with Tarquenio and Catherine?  TPTB seems to be setting up a clashing with those two sometime this season.

Even though Max seemed disappointed in Josh, no doubt he'll be back at work in no time.  Allie as strict shift manager seems like a disaster waiting to happen.  It seems that Beau is the most stable/calm of the lab techs and it was nice to see Park back.  Nice to see that Milton seems to be the de facto medical examiner.  And I don't mind the undersheriff Zhao sticking around either.

• Like 5

Thank you show for keeping Dr. Milton Hudson! 👍🏻

It’s good to see Detective Will Carson again. We saw him only in S01. Can we keep him and ship Serena somewhere else? Please.

Penny is engaged to Jack out of the blue? This is kind of lame, many don’t really care about Jack. I thought Greg is Penny’s fiancé. 😆

It seems that Raphael Tarquenio is gonna be this season’s big baddie. Obviously there’s something brewing between Catherine and him.

Who knows capsaicin can kill in a brutal way. The burning eyes - definitely a useful clue. Death by the Carolina Reaper.

Allie’s decision on having a permanent partner for her subordinates will come back and bite her.

Can relationship between Max and Josh survive this ordeal? She’s so disappointed in him. It’s also very douchey of Josh to treat Serena like dirt. Dude, she cares about you.

• Like 4

I'm so happy Penny isn't engaged to Chris Park! And yay, Dr. Hudson seems to be the Chief Medical Examiner instead of Jack's annoying, bitchy sister! This season is already off to a good start just based on those two things alone. 

Can we swap Josh for Trey? Josh is whiny, mope-y, and doesn't want to own up to his darker side while Trey fully admits to who he is and what he's done. Plus, dude is hot. Not exactly a criminal mastermind, but I can overlook that. 

Allie's trying out permanent partners is going to blow up in her face. As is Catherine openly gunning for a drug lord.

Death by (Carolina) reaper was a nice touch.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, LisaM said:

Whatever happened to the female medical examiner who is the sister of Penny's fiance?

She was poisoned last season while working on a body. Presumably she’s still on sick leave. I liked her. I hope they bring her back. 

Josh needs to be fired. I guess that he’ll avoid the abduction and assault charges because somebody else happened to murder his victim and Trey certainly isn’t going to tell on him. 

• Like 1
On 2/20/2024 at 3:32 AM, Ceindreadh said:

Josh needs to be fired. I guess that he’ll avoid the abduction and assault charges because somebody else happened to murder his victim and Trey certainly isn’t going to tell on him. 

It's wild that Josh will somehow keep his job. He kidnapped and assaulted someone. There is video evidence that shows part of it. How can the crime lab have any credibility if he's investigating any crime? The bar should be higher than not doing a murder.

I liked that they actually filmed so many exteriors in Vegas. The show looked better during the Trey and Serena car chase than it maybe ever has.

• Like 4

Eh, it was fine. This is the millionth time I've said this, I really hate cliffhangers, especially when they do back flips to make it all go away the next episode. Of course Josh is back, with both women still drooling over him. And Catherine has a new nemesis this season.

The only new thing is Max has a great new coat (someone mentioned it upthread, its really nice). 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, KeithJ said:

Josh was in county lockup, orange jumpsuit and all and he hadn’t even been charged yet?  That doesn’t sound right.

You know those CSIs they always want your clothes. Josh was positive there was no evidence against him and there wasn't any defense attorney running interference to slow down the scientist.