Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 1/22/2024

• Start Topic

Monday, Jan. 22 – Jamie Lee Curtis (author, “Just One More Sleep”)

Tuesday, Jan. 23 – Common (author, “And Then We Rise”); Jamie Oliver (author, “5 Ingredients Mediterranean”)

Wednesday, Jan. 24 – Robert Downey Jr. joined by Tom Kostigen (co-authors, “Cool Food”)

Thursday, Jan. 25 – Pamela Dias, mother of Ajike “AJ” Owens, who was fatally shot by a neighbor in Florida, joined by her grandson Israel and Brie Overton (chief clinical officer, Experience Camps)

Friday, Jan. 26 – International Holocaust Remembrance Day with guest Dov Forman

• Thanks 2
(edited)

I want to be besties with JLC. She is the coolest.  Her performance in The Bear was a tour de force. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Sara was talking today about her husband and a time when he visited her family for Thanksgiving, presumably a while back.  But I'm pretty sure she said a couple of weeks ago that he's never been in Iowa.  I thought it was weird that he hadn't visited his in-laws in their home state.  (Or maybe Sara's family no longer lives in Iowa, or maybe I just misunderstood.)

2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Or maybe Sara's family no longer lives in Iowa

She has said that her parents moved to Florida a while ago.  And after it being below zero temps all week long in Iowa, it's perfectly understandable!

• Thanks 1

Forgot to mention this yesterday. I used to like Ana but now she comes off so rude. I didn't like the way she shut down Sara for mentioning ChaCha's name. I know she says it as a joke but her tone is so harsh and not joke-like at all. I felt bad for Sara 

• Like 7

RDjr’s performance in Oppenheimer was superb. His nom is well deserved and I think he will win.

I don’t care for that bright red matte lipstick Sunny has been wearing lately. It’s distracting. 

• Like 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

RDjr’s performance in Oppenheimer was superb. His nom is well deserved and I think he will win.

I don’t care for that bright red matte lipstick Sunny has been wearing lately. It’s distracting. 

Someone must have told Sunny it looked good on her.

NEWSFLASH !!!! It doesn't, it makes you look like a cheap hooker.

Some people can wear that colour & some can't, she certainly cannot.

Edited to add: I thought Alyssa was still wearing her sexy nurse outfit from a role playing evening with her husband at first & from a distance. I'm not complaining, I thought she looked good unlike Sunny who looked like she couldn't move her arms in that outfit she had on. 

Edited by Shrek
  • Like 3

When Joy was making a point about you shouldn't pay attention to trolls and she said, "If people don't like your top, Sunny, or think Alyssa looks like a flight attendant, so what, who cares?", Alyssa laughs and says, "Oh, burrrnnn.."

She's such a sweetheart (regardless of her political leanings).  Can you imagine what SWSNBN would have said?

• Like 10
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

So the ladies are miffed when we criticize their fashions, but when all you can focus on is bright red lips, it detracts from what she is saying. I can't take my eyes off her mouth. I generally appreciate Sunny even when I disagree with her, and she contributes so much to the discussions. But when you wear something to get attention, you have to understand the consequences.

• Like 7
9 hours ago, Haleth said:

Thank you for mentioning Sunny's bright RED lipstick...it is So distracting!  It is on so thick that it looks like it is melting off her bottom lip onto her chin.  I know a 'red lip" is a trendy look now(ie: Taylor Swift), but Sunny's is just so thick & unattractive.  Sunny is a very attractive lady but some of her recent style choices(make-up, hair, clothes) are curious.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Sue in her 60s said:

So the ladies are miffed when we criticize their fashions, but when all you can focus on is bright red lips, it detracts from what she is saying.

Not for me, I don't even notice what they're wearing, or the lipstick they choose.  This is definitely a non-topic for me.

• Like 4
On 1/24/2024 at 12:15 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

Evidently, rudeness is a side effect of Ozempic.

Couldn't watch this week and just saw her. She is losing too much weight. I didn't realize how much she had lost. 

1 minute ago, mongoose said:

Couldn't watch this week and just saw her. She is losing too much weight. I didn't realize how much she had lost. 

It is, however, a pleasure to watch without hearing or seeing, "Do you know who my father is," ever again. No raised blood pressure since she left. 

• Like 1
On 1/24/2024 at 4:43 PM, Sue in her 60s said:
On 1/24/2024 at 9:56 AM, Haleth said:

So the ladies are miffed when we criticize their fashions, but when all you can focus on is bright red lips, it detracts from what she is saying. I can't take my eyes off her mouth.

I AGREE!  Came here to comment ONLY on her lipstick.  The RED was so vibrant and distracting!  Then she waltzes in with smeary/greasy pinky-coral? with a little brown outline.  She obviously wants to stand out...and she does--with unattractive lips!

37 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I AGREE!  Came here to comment ONLY on her lipstick.  The RED was so vibrant and distracting!  Then she waltzes in with smeary/greasy pinky-coral? with a little brown outline.  She obviously wants to stand out...and she does--with unattractive lips!

At least her lipstick matches her personality.

So glad Sunny pushed back on Alyssa’s talking point about fentanyl and the border.   Her initial inference was that the migrants seeking asylum were bringing it in.   When Sunny pushed back as that being false, she then tried to back track her statement

• Like 7