Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: The Funeral

• Start Topic

Dan has obviously never watched the real housewives. If he did he would know that some of them are cut throat and cunning,especially Phaedra.

Agree he's never watched a RH. I don't think Dan ever really underestimates people though. I think he's always been a really good judge of character. 

I don't think he can win this game. I just don't understand who he could get to the end with who wouldn't still suspect he's a traitor. 

• Like 7

I'm all in this for Alan Cumming. He chews that scenery like a rabid goat and I love it. I don't watch the Housewives-type reality shows so I know very few of the people but it is still a fun watch. Can't wait for the turret scene to finish next week. Phaedra was pissed (although its a total overreaction).

Kevin is hot but dude, close your mouth. I imagine he's probably a douche based on his show but I can still look at him. Also, Bergie is super cute so I wonder if he was as endearing on Love Island. Doesn't seem like the type of show he would be on.

While I enjoy this show, it's basically nonsensical. The traitors basically have the run of things and have to do very little because someone belches and suddenly they're a traitor! There is just no incentive for the traitors really when it comes to challenges. I wish there was something like a separate pot for them and whatever the Faithfuls don't get, the traitors do so it's in their interest to sabotage.

• Like 6
(edited)
On 1/19/2024 at 12:32 PM, MicheleinPhilly said:

She became fixated on the idea that 1 of the traitors has to be a big, strong alpha male based on who has been murdered so far. 

Which is the stupidest reasoning - wouldn't you want to keep strong guys for the challenges to raise money? I never understand when they say that they are looking for traitors at the challenges - it is in everyone's best interest to raise the pot! The time to look is when everyone is hanging out in the house - who is talking to whom? What are they saying?

I am so obsessed with this show - I love the psychological aspects  of it. It is fascinating how someone says one thing and it gets blown way out of proportion and then its total group think and peer pressure to eliminate someone on the flimsiest reasoning. Also, the crazy balance of speak up and voice an opinion so you don't look wishy washy (Dan) but don't put yourself out there so far that you have a target. It's completely fascinating. And how long do the traitors keep a united front before turning on each other? And if someone actually calls out a traitor, they can't easily murder them because it puts the suspicion on them as a traitor. I love it.

I don't know why, but I'm always rooting for the traitors. They needed to get rid of Larsa. She's the ring leader, but not definitely not the brains......

Edited by Ilovepie
  • Like 5
54 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Have you watched the episode?

I did! I honestly forgot! I've binged three in a row and then switched to watching the Australian version - I'm all confused!

• LOL 3

Having it known that the Traitors are out to sabotage the challenges ala the Mole would definitely spice things up and at least give the Faithfuls valid reasons to cast aspersions or suspect each other.

• Like 6

I listened to Jonny Fairplay’s podcast recapping this episode. Sandra was on this podcast episode, and she gave additional insight. I think he also posts them on YouTube.

Sandra says they had a lot of platters with hors d'oeuvres and a lot of glasses with drinks, and people were always passing them around. Everyone was stuffing their faces and drinking. Obviously, no one other than the traitors knew what exactly the "poison" was so from everyone else's point of view, it could have been anything they ate or drank. Sandra says they didn't know it was specifically a poison by a drink. Sandra doesn't drink alcoholic beverages so even with that, she's still wondering if she was "poisoned" from anything that she ate.

Sandra says that when they entered the game and they were separated into small groups and put into the Land Rovers, she was with Peter, Peppermint and Sheree. They all clicked while they were in the SUVs. Obviously, we see Peppermint gets eliminated early on and Sandra gravitates to Sheree. Sheree is always with Phaedra, with both of them being from the Atlanta Housewives show. Sheree and Phaedra were always with Tamra and Larsa. That's how Sandra gets into this group with the Housewives.

She also brought up a perspective that I thought was interesting. There is a balancing act that you have to perform when it comes to finding traitors. As a faithful, you want to (1) find traitors, but (2) you always want to prevent getting murdered by the traitors, (3) prevent getting banished by the group, and ultimately, (4) get to the end. Sometimes those goals come into conflict with one another. Sandra was saying how she was cool with all of the Housewives. When everyone is saying the traitors has to be one of the Housewives, that's good for her because she's good with the Housewives and they wouldn't murder her. Sure, the goal is get rid of the traitors, but the other goal is to make it to the end. Your only shot at winning the money is making it to the end. Therefore, if you believe the traitors are among the Housewives, and also believe the Housewives won't murder you if they are traitors, that's an incentives to keep them around.

Sandra says that most of the time Larsa was with Marcus while they were there in the game together. After Marcus leaves, that's when Larsa starts to exert her influence among the Housewives. Then, Sandra starts to think "maybe if Larsa wasn't there, they'd listen to [Sandra]." Then, as we saw in the episode, Sandra was not on board with their plan to vote out CT so... bye Larsa.

Lastly, she feels bad for saying that Larsa looks 10 years older. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Useful 8
21 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Which is the stupidest reasoning - wouldn't you want to keep strong guys for the challenges to raise money?

Yes but I think the reasoning is basically toxic masculinity in that the traitor feels like he wants to be the big dog.  Maybe bringing in a Survivor strategy to the Traitors.  It doesn't make sense but people don't always make sense.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Yes but I think the reasoning is basically toxic masculinity in that the traitor feels like he wants to be the big dog.  Maybe bringing in a Survivor strategy to the Traitors.  It doesn't make sense but people don't always make sense.  

I  think they frequently use faulty logic in this game - people latch onto the dumbest reasons to tag someone as a traitor, and the fun is watching everyone fall in line because they don't want to go against the group.

Rather than looking at people who stick out, I think the better strategy is look at people in the middle - very nice, mostly holding back but offering an opinion when pushed, trying to be friendly with everyone.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

These people are almost all so stupid. They keep listening to the ultra-dumb blonde chick(/s) who´s been wrong throughout. And that boxer, he should feel so incredibly embarrassed, as well as everyone who listened to him after the way he passionately defended Dan for no reason. All their ideas at the round table seem to come out of nowhere and make not the slightest bit of sense. Like okay, Kevin is annoying Tamra but is that a good reason for so many to vote for him? What was the point behind it? He´s an actor and they believe he´s such a great one that he´s outsmarting them with some slightly exaggerated facial expressions? Have they not seen Phaedra? And why do they always turn on the one (Larsa) who tried to stop them from voting for someone who turned out to be a faithful? Why aren´t they giving them some credit? Why is the Survivor mastermind Sandra so clueless and boring in every way? I´ve got so many questions... 

I can´t believe Larsa and her boyfriend are the only ones who are actually a little bit smart. I can´t stand Larsa on Rhom but she´s my favorite on this show (well, after Phaedra).

Dan is so obviously the traitor and Phaedra as well. 

Edited by halkatla
  • Like 3
On 1/24/2024 at 4:23 AM, halkatla said:

And that boxer, he should feel so incredibly embarrassed, as well as everyone who listened to him after the way he passionately defended Dan for no reason.

Keep in mind that the players are operating with partial information.  They don't necessarily see all of the private conversations Dan and Parvati are having or other sneaky stuff.  I get the sense that Dan is better one-on-one.  So while he's getting clocked for being too quiet in the group, some players may disagree with the "He's a traitor" assessment because they've had good individual conversations with him.

If I were a player, I probably would suspect Dan but that's only because of his reputation of being one of the best strategic players on Big Brother.  But then I would also suspect Sandra for similar reasons and I would be wrong.  Though I would never suspect Phaedra.  She's doing a great job blending in.  Her reactions are perfect every time.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, zenithwit said:

I get the sense that Dan is better one-on-one.  So while he's getting clocked for being too quiet in the group, some players may disagree with the "He's a traitor" assessment because they've had good individual conversations with him.

I know this is edited so I'm trying not to judge Dan too much for things I may not have seen but for someone who is so good one-on-one, it feels like the only person he has tried to work one-on-one is Pavrati, even before she knew she was recruited to be a traitor.  

• Like 5