Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 1/1/2024

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Jan. 1 – Network pre-emption

Tuesday, Jan. 2 – Dr. Henry Louis Gates Jr. (host, “Finding Your Roots”)

Wednesday, Jan. 3 – Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Jan. 4 – Kate Hudson

Friday, Jan. 5 – “The View” celebrates Ana Navarro’s birthday

🎇Happy New Year!🎆

• Thanks 3
  • Applause 1

I think I’m finally coming around on Alyssa.   Which means she’ll probably leave the show.  🙂  While I agree with Sunny on Nikki Haley (can’t get past the pandering to white supremists), I did appreciate Alyssa’s rationale for supporting her.   She’s gotten a lot better at expressing nuance with her arguments.    

I also agreed with her on the Simone Biles discussion over the other ladies.   

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

FU, Alyssa and your ethical and moral absolutes. She’d better pray neither she or a loved one is in a situation where they have no choice, even if it is life threatening. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 2
  • Applause 8
22 hours ago, Haleth said:

FU, Alyssa and your ethical and moral absolutes. She’d better pray neither she or a loved one is in a situation where they have no choice, even if it is life threatening. 

Sara was no better with her "we need to compromise".  You can't compromise with people who think they have the right to take away your right to decide your own medical decisions. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 9

I really wish Ana would warm up to Alyssa. She has always ignored her.

And I thought Ana was rude presenting the elephant to Alyssa saying "and you get the elephant because God knows...it's a work in progress." Very insulting, imo. 

Ana has her very specific Florida republican issues we hear about on the show but Alyssa is the Republican on the show about broader issues and info...and also the one much, much more on CNN than Ana.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

And I thought Ana was rude presenting the elephant to Alyssa saying "and you get the elephant because God knows...it's a work in progress." Very insulting, imo. 

Ana has her very specific Florida republican issues we hear about on the show but Alyssa is the Republican on the show about broader issues and info...and also the one much, much more on CNN than Ana.

Ana is on CNN a lot.

• Like 1

Alyssa is on CNN more...and last night for hours discussing the town halls.

In the previous Ana interviews on CNN she is in Florida in front of the ocean or in front of her pool.

Ana's choice...she is just in a different place about her career now, imo. Her fun, her husband, adventure, travel, being on The View...nothing wrong with that.

But - is Ana really a Republican these days or am independent.

We have 2 R's on the show and are estranged.

13 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Never liked Ana, strikes me as a mean & vindictive person and I hate the way she feels the need to name drop all the time. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Speaking of Ana, am I the only one who thought she looked a bit more "refreshed" than her last appearance? Either that or her hairpins were in too tight.

She posted on Instagram (with lots of pictures) that she was on vacation in South Africa with her husband. Cruise, safari.  Maybe she is just well rested.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Does anyone know where Ana went on vacation? I must have missed it, FFS she is a seriously annoying woman.

@debbie311 posted above your post that she's in South Africa.

4 hours ago, debbie311 said:

She posted on Instagram (with lots of pictures) that she was on vacation in South Africa with her husband. Cruise, safari.  Maybe she is just well rested.

17 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Alyssa is the Republican on the show about broader issues and info...and also the one much, much more on CNN than Ana.

16 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Alyssa is on CNN more...and last night for hours discussing the town halls.

There's a reason for that but it's against the rules for why I think is the reason, so will leave it at that.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Shrek said:

Never liked Ana, strikes me as a mean & vindictive person and I hate the way she feels the need to name drop all the time. 

All of this.  I found her tolerable when Meghan was there.  But now I can't stand her.  There is a mean girl quality to her.  I disagree with a lot of what Alyssa says but she seems like a nice person. But Ana has that the nose in the air I'm better than you vibe. 

• Like 10

I agree that Ana has changed. There are a lot of comments on her Instagram and also The View's IG that she is being rude to Alyssa.  She is becoming disliked.

I really liked her when she first came on The View and was happy that they made her a semi-regular.  But in the last year or so she has irritated me with her belittling anyone who brings up a topic that doesn't interest her.  Don't care about The Bachelor? Fine, keep your mouth shut and listen or don't. She's rude.

• Like 6
12 hours ago, debbie311 said:

But in the last year or so she has irritated me with her belittling anyone who brings up a topic that doesn't interest her.  Don't care about The Bachelor? Fine, keep your mouth shut and listen or don't. She's rude.

Totally agree. I wonder if she's taking her cue from Whoopi? 

• Like 2
On 1/6/2024 at 7:05 PM, bluegirl147 said:

All of this.  I found her tolerable when Meghan was there.  But now I can't stand her.  There is a mean girl quality to her.  I disagree with a lot of what Alyssa says but she seems like a nice person. But Ana has that the nose in the air I'm better than you vibe. 

Ana can be likable, charming, witty, all that. But I always thought I was like one of two people on this board who thought she could be rude and condescending. I thought it was because maybe I was more familiar with her personality when she's not on The View or something. 

Alyssa on the other hand seems like a cool chick I could be friends with.

• Like 2