Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E12: A Hell's Kitchen Special Delivery

jewel21
  • Start Topic

It is time for Chef Ramsay to hand out the legendary black jackets. Determined to win the coveted black jacket, the chefs play a high stakes game of craps to determine the dishes they will be making for this week's first challenge. It will take three challenges to determine which chefs are ultimately worthy of standing amongst the greats.

Airdate: 01/04/2024

(edited)

There is confidence and then there is being an ass.  Jason is just an ass.  Him saying his dish was the best in all three cooks is just ridiculous. Glad to see him gone.

A little surprised at six black jackets but going into the third round, it was getting a little telegraphed.

Edited by KeithJ
  • Like 6

Bahaha Jason got so close, and then BOUNCED.

I wonder if Dahmere’s feelings were hurt watching this back finding out that Johnathan was hoping he was Ryan.

Buh-bye, Jason.  Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

They seem to often keep the least-liked chef until last elimination before black jackets.  Glad they have continued the tradition.

• Like 3

I'm so glad Gordon broke the rules and allowed a sixth jacket. I was worried Ryan was going home because Chef decided to give an early jacket to Carmen. I was kind of hoping he would call her back down to strip her of the jacket and to give it to Ryan instead, lol. But this works, too ;)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I LOLed because at the end of the day, this was an elaborate setup and only Jason gets bounced. I was super-surprised when Carmen made the black-jacket squad because she hasn't seemed like all that strong a chef. But my prediction is she's the next to go. I also was faked out by Ryan not getting sent home. 

My unspoiled speculation would be:

Carmen

Sammi

Ryan

Leigh

Dahmere over Johnathan in the finals.

Finally, Jason is gone.  Gone and still in denial about how his three dishes were the best.

I'm glad six jackets were given out though I agree it was a little surprising that Carmen received one.  I definitely thought Ryan deserved one so an extra is fine since it would make sense for a double elimination to be coming along.

Glad Jason is gone. His comments about his three dishes being better was arrogant. Johnathan hates him a lot but I understand. I was not expecting six black jackets but Ryan is solid so Gordon didn't want to eliminate him.

• Like 4

Sadly, Jason will be back for the finale as a sous chef. Will he try to take down the favorite as pay back?? I wouldn't put it past him since his ego is so HUGE and he can't accept the fact that he lost!!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nitrofishblue said:

Sadly, Jason will be back for the finale as a sous chef. Will he try to take down the favorite as pay back?? I wouldn't put it past him since his ego is so HUGE and he can't accept the fact that he lost!!!

I think he'll bust his butt doing the best he can, so he can take credit for the win.  Of course, the best he can isn't that good . . . or he'd be a full competitor in the finale.

I'm just surprised that Grrrrr was so polite to him when he booted his ass out of HK. A line chef in Michelin-starred restaurants should be orders of magnitude more talented than he was.

Glad Ryan lived to fight another day, too. He did his best with those crap ingredients in that one challenge and I think that worked in his favour. I still don't think he's getting to the finale, however, but I absolutely can see him as a head chef in a fine-dining restaurant.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

I'm just surprised that Grrrrr was so polite to him when he booted his ass out of HK. A line chef in Michelin-starred restaurants should be orders of magnitude more talented than he was.

True, but how many line chefs from Michelin-starred restaurants would go on this show in the first place?  He talks about having confidence but if he really had any he wouldn't even want to go on the show.  Knowing him, he wanted to be on the show because his arrogance made him want to prove he would win the whole thing.  And arrogance usually gets in the way of living up to one's true talent because you think you're better than you are and are therefore more apt to make mistakes and use poor judgment.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 1/7/2024 at 12:31 PM, Yeah No said:

True, but how many line chefs from Michelin-starred restaurants would go on this show in the first place?  He talks about having confidence but if he really had any he wouldn't even want to go on the show.  Knowing him, he wanted to be on the show because his arrogance made him want to prove he would win the whole thing.  And arrogance usually gets in the way of living up to one's true talent because you think you're better than you are and are therefore more apt to make mistakes and use poor judgment.

He was so deeply unpleasant in his demeanor that I can't really see him in a fine dining setting. His scrunched up face and angry muttering made his dish presentations sound unpleasant even if the dish looked good. I assume his job was behind the scenes because he could not sell anything in a customer-facing scenario.

I was surprised Carmen got a black jacket at all, let alone that early in the challenge. Once it came down to Ryan vs Leigh and they said Leigh first, I saw the extra black jacket coming. Ryan had gotten too much air time and had too much success to get sent home after a bit of bad luck with ingredients and one bad showing. 

I assume Carmen goes next unless they want to do one shocker elimination before the march to the end, she went from seeming like the potential villain of the season to complete wallpaper for most of the season.

• Like 2