Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E09: More Bang for Your Buck

jewel21
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I thought it was cruel of Christina to laugh at them for not knowing how to make butter.    

I thought it was hilarious actually.  If they didn't know how to do it properly, were they not allowed to ask?

• Like 2

The rare times I've seen fresh butter made, I've never seen ice as a part of it.  I'm neutral on Christina laughing at them.

Jason does seem less obnoxious but I doubt that will last long.

Yes, Sandra going probably was due to her self-eliminating in a way but she'd also been in the bottom several times so I'd have been surprised if she got much further.  Donya OTOH needs to get a grip though.  I get they all have their breaking points but some of them seem a bit more high strung.

Also, if the idea of celebs includes youtube and IG influencers the pickings are mighty slim.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Why does the network waste the first three minutes with what happened in the previous episode? And each minute when returning from commercials?

What was the point of Sandra dressing up and being…Martha? Another waste of screen time.

Another LAME-O “prize” for winning a challenge.

I remember churning/making butter when I was wee and in the Girls Scouts! We got dressed up in clothes that looked straight out of Little House on the Prairie!😄😄😄

The way the women complained made me laugh and sorry, I guess I’m “cruel” as well, because seeing Christina laugh, made ME laugh!

But DAMMIT! No food how to demo again!

WOT????

• Like 3

I actually liked Sandra so I was sad to see her go so soon. I was hoping for at least black jackets. 

Gordon saw her putting herself up as her not having faith in herself. I saw it as her taking accountability for messing up on the last ticket. 

Although, when asked who the weakest chef was, she should have said Donya. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The way the women complained made me laugh and sorry, I guess I’m “cruel” as well, because seeing Christina laugh, made ME laugh!

They complained because churning cream for butter takes time and effort. They actually had to work to get the butter. Hard work is something young people don't appear to like. They just want to reach into the fridge and get the butter

My opinion of this group of "chefs" drops every week. To be honest there isn't one of them that makes me cheer for them. There is a lack of something among all of them. Does anyone else get that feeling? I really am not cheering for any of them for the win. Gordon will be the loser with that choice.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I actually liked Sandra so I was sad to see her go so soon. I was hoping for at least black jackets. 

Gordon saw her putting herself up as her not having faith in herself. I saw it as her taking accountability for messing up on the last ticket. 

Although, when asked who the weakest chef was, she should have said Donya. 

I liked Sandra too. She was funny and I thought she was the only Red team member with the maturity to be a head chef. Her putting herself up for elimination could just as easily been spun as a positive. As you said, accountability, and holding herself to a high standard. That's a better quality in a head chef/manager than finger pointing and blaming your mistakes on someone else, which is the norm on HK.

I hate this thing that GR has started doing of putting people on the spot by asking who the weakest chef is. I thought Sandra showed class by not naming Donya after Donya had named her.

On 12/1/2023 at 12:33 PM, milkyaqua said:

Also, if the idea of celebs includes youtube and IG influencers the pickings are mighty slim.

An "influencer" who looked like he was about 17 and two actresses from shows I'd never heard of. We are really scraping the bottom of the "celebrity" barrel. Especially considering that "once again, Hell's Kitchen is the hottest reservation in town."

Edited by bluepiano
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Regarding the quality of 'celebrities' that eat at the restaurant during the episodes, I think Gordon knows a lot of high caliber celebrities but wouldn't want them to have to sit for hours and endure the yelling, mishaps, and other aspects of the episodes.  So, they probably seek out people who want the publicity or to be seen as a 'celebrity.'  I am one who complains about the level of celebrity that we see in this show, but I think it's pretty intentional.  After all, he gets some high caliber chefs to come in for the judging segments-but those are pretty straight-forward and don't involve a lot of hijinks.

The guest judge was not happy about making a decision, especially since she knew one team would lose.  They should just do these tastings blind but then we couldn't have stupid contrived drama. Have I just seen too much tv to where I can see things coming a mile away? Surprise me damnit.

i watch this show with my daughter, who at least recognizes most of the 'celebrity guests' because i sure don't.  

i wonder what the guest judge would have priced the rib-eye but for Gordon telling her what the red team needed to win.  i think $40 for a rib-eye is on the cheap side (at a restaurant like HK).