Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E03: It's a Matter of Semantics / S39.E04: I'm Coming Out

shantown
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, bunnyface said:

Two episodes?

My source shows it all as "Episode 3" but with two titles, so I assumed two eps, but made it one thread just in case. But the airtime is 2.5 hours, so I'm thinking it's gotta be two!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shantown said:

My source shows it all as "Episode 3" but with two titles, so I assumed two eps, but made it one thread just in case. But the airtime is 2.5 hours, so I'm thinking it's gotta be two!

They confirmed it on Twitter that it's two episodes along with a clip from the upcoming episodes.

I wonder why they're airing two episode?

I love how the guys are pissed when the girls did burn votes and then turned around and did the exact same thing when their asses were on the line.  

And in the most shallow part of the shallow pool:  Ed needs to do something different with his hair.  it is way too thin to be wearing it the ways he does.  

Jay is the oldest looking young man when not wearing a hat.

Berna was not bullied.  Maybe it’s a language barrier?

My DVR only recorded an hour and a half, had to finish on the MTV app.

No great loss to me to have Hughie gone and I would have been so pissed if Kyland had gone.  After what we went through with Survivor another elim of one of my faves would have been TOO MUCH.

Every single time someone says Corey I think “wait when did Cory show up?”

I can’t lie, I got choked up during T’s Coming Out celebration and the talking heads they showed.  MTV’s progressiveness is really the very best thing about the network.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 5

Wasn’t Big T supposedly interested in one of the male competitors during one of her previous seasons?

So much drama around the eliminations and so far, they’ve winnowed a couple of the competitors who seem to be less competitive.  A couple of the women are attached to their showmance partners, may favor them over men in their supposed alliances.  

Moriah feels guilty for liking someone other than Bananas?  He’s probably looking around himself behind her back.

Seems like they designed two fairly achievable Dailies so that they get some money in the pot before the legends or whatever come to try to win some of it for themselves.

Did Hughie figure out a strategy for rolling the balls like Kyland did?  They put in cameras in several of the baskets so you could see the ball drop in or bounce over them.

• Like 1

I wound up recording the block. I'm thinking that the ratings for the first two episodes were low, so MTV cut out bits from the following episodes to fit a two-and-a-half-hour block. This way, they can get to the invasion of the heavy hitters. Maybe Jordan gets to dispatch his European knockoff Emmanuel.

The missions were pretty good, as were the eliminations. I have to remember Jujuy was the first one out. It should be hard to forget her because her name is fun to say. Hughie? Meh . . . nice guy, but he brings a little too much drama.

Berna/Melissa fight was painful to watch.

I'm surprised Big T came out. I'm happy that she's living her truth.

• Like 2

Yeah, the hypocrisy of "you shouldn't burn votes, but we can" was really annoying.

IIRC the first time I saw Berna she and someone else were judging Amber as "fake" and being really mean-girl about it, which is why I have a bad taste in my mouth about her.  She should talk about bullying.  Ugh.  

Jujuy and Ed both are too sweet for this group--though actually, I'm really liking that most of the people are not really jerks.  Some are a mess (now or in the past), but not jerks.  I think it's cute that when coming back from anything a lot of the women are skipping along holding hands/arms around shoulders as if they really like each other.

Go Big T.  Great montage and party and message.  

Swimming puzzle a little unclear--I would have thought most of the good swimmers would have gotten there, unhooked, and gotten their puzzles at once--maybe the filming timing was different from the real timing (shocker, I know).  It looked like they were going serially.  LOL @ Baywatch Ed.  

LOL @ Jay assessing correctly that Michele loved yelling at everyone what to do.  She did it well, also.

I am so baffled by Callum's weaselly waffling during his talking heads--I have no idea what is up with him and an old girlfriend but I do know it will not sit well with Michele!  He puts his head down in embarrassment at the producer questions and that makes it even harder for me to follow his accent.  And I suppose Hughie's "joking" about cheating was because he knows more about Callum's status?  

TJ was really getting into it at the driving one--he was cheering just like he was one of the challengers, not cackling at their cluelessness!  

Good for Ed and Kyland and subbing-in Jay for doing the math.  I do get it about brain freeze even if you're good at math.  I was on the academic quiz team in HS and even though I did fine in math in real life, I always froze when I had to do it on the spot and on the clock Luckily the others were better at that (including the annoying friend of my brother whom I did not know at the time would eventually be my husband of, now, over 30 years!  To be perfectly clear, it was the annoying friend of my brother whom I married!)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I fast forward through the Big T stuff. I'm happy for her, I just don't care. It's pretty common to have someone coming out these days so it's not something I would be shocked or invested in. It's a good thing. Your sexuality isn't something you should have to hide. You should be free to live your life. I just don't personally care. It reminds me of a true life episode about people coming out. There was more than one we already knew/okay I'm happy for you (shoulder shrug). That's basically where I'm at now.

I was scared that champions were going to work their way back into being able to compete for the win. I'm glad that's not the case just because we've seen it so many damn times. 

We still kind of have the same problem though. There are still cliques and people that have been on multiple seasons and gained enough ground to slide to the end just like any other season.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I really don't understand why they are burning votes in order to save people. Doesn't it make sense to throw all their votes on the same person. I don't get this strategy. 

They’re playing scared. All the girls vote for guys so that the girl that ultimately goes into elimination doesn’t have a reason to call out any particular girl. None of the girls want to be called out.

Then, the guys do that very same strategy when it’s a guys elimination.

9 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

Was Ravyn not going to always be at the bottom of the Ride or Dies/US alliance? Why is everyone acting like she’s some untrustworthy nut for wanting better options for herself? 

Because Ravyn did it too early. She may very well be at the bottom but they have plenty of targets before they get to her.

Aside from that, she has no political value to anyone at this moment. It’s not like she’s a swing vote. She pissed people off at a point where she didn’t need to. She was trying to save a few guys but they all just voted her into elimination.

Edited by AntFTW