Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E06: Sarah Snook, Boy George, Miriam Margolyes, Greta Lee

• Start Topic

Do the guests have assigned seats, or can they sit anywhere they want to? Because it was weird how the first guest sat in the middle of the sofa and the had to be told twice to move a bit so that all of the others could fit in and he still left a lot of space at the other end of the sofa. It didn't seem to me that the women were comfortable with so little space.

I like Miriam and appreciate how outspoken she can be at times, her story about changing her mind on pronouns was great. But I didn't like how she flat out asked the other guest how she voted. That's quite private info and it seemed like she felt pressured to answer.

I hate when Miriam is on, because I try to fast forward through every word she says, but I don't want to miss what the other guests are saying.  She ruined the Matthew Perry episode for me.

She's crass and rude, and a male guest who spoke as she does would not be so revered. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Quof said:

I hate when Miriam is on, because I try to fast forward through every word she says, but I don't want to miss what the other guests are saying.  She ruined the Matthew Perry episode for me.

Ok, I thought I was the only one that didn't always find humor in her crass behavior. She's certainly popular but not for me.

• Like 1
On 11/5/2023 at 1:52 PM, JustHereForFood said:

Do the guests have assigned seats, or can they sit anywhere they want to? Because it was weird how the first guest sat in the middle of the sofa and the had to be told twice to move a bit so that all of the others could fit in and he still left a lot of space at the other end of the sofa. It didn't seem to me that the women were comfortable with so little space.

I think it probably has to do with fitting all of the guests into a single camera shot but as someone who HATES when people invade my space, it bugs me mightily. Like MOVE OVER. 

• Like 2
On 11/5/2023 at 1:52 PM, JustHereForFood said:

I like Miriam and appreciate how outspoken she can be at times, her story about changing her mind on pronouns was great.

Same, because pronouns aren't about grammar. It was gratifying to hear her realize that.

Greta Lee was delightful.

• Like 1
On 11/7/2023 at 11:26 AM, MicheleinPhilly said:

I think it probably has to do with fitting all of the guests into a single camera shot but as someone who HATES when people invade my space, it bugs me mightily. Like MOVE OVER. 

That couch was more cramped than usual, for no reason because there was room at the other end.  I don't know if Boy George just didn't know he could/should move down more. 

I was feeling vicarious suffocation watching Greta Lee being smushed.  Then I watched the episode with Schwarzenegger (out of order) and it was such a relief; I felt like I could breathe.

I'm sad that Jack Whitehall is going scruffy because a few years ago he was on and he looked like a matinee idol.  He's still good looking, but I don't swoon like I did.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm sad that Jack Whitehall is going scruffy because a few years ago he was on and he looked like a matinee idol.  He's still good looking, but I don't swoon like I did.

He did just have a child so I imagine he's going for the quick groom.

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

He did just have a child so I imagine he's going for the quick groom.

Didn't they say he's on tour though? 

Several years ago he was on the show and was breathtakingly handsome.  Like it made me gasp.  Then a couple of years ago he grew the beard, which was nicely groomed, and even with it he was still more handsome than pretty much anybody else on the planet, but not quite as perfect.  But close, so I gave him a pass. 

But the scruffy is getting close to a bridge too far.  I kind of have to look for the perfection, when it used to be unavoidable.  I think of him kind of how I think of Cary Grant--no beard, thank you.

I appreciated Miriam's Now Understanding Pronouns, but I cringed when she was talking to Greta Lee about speaking Korean. It was a very Older Person Tells Younger Person What To Think About Their Own Experience. And I don't mean "older" as in she's 82. I mean just that she's older than the person she was talking to. Very squirmy for me. I have relatives that do this and it drives me nuts. Greta was extremely graceful about it. But I just kept wanting to say "Not your turn now, Miriam!" To be clear, normally I don't mind when the people on the couch chat with each other, in general. It frequently leads to good stuff. But this was not one of those times. It was interference instead of camaraderie.

• Like 2