Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings and Scheduling

Trini
  • Start Topic

Fox is airing this Mondays at 8pm (Eastern). Paired with Sleepy Hollow at 9pm.

Series premiere is Monday Sept. 22. And its re-airing Friday the 26th at 9pm.

------
So this is going up against The Big Bang Theory; which I don't watch, but I know it's a juggernaut. And besides that, these two shows may share a lot of the same audience.

Unless Gotham completely flops, I expect this to at least play out its first season, and maybe narrowly get a second season. (DC/WB/Fox seem to be really invested in its success.) It's difficult these days for a genre series to last long, but I hope that --best case scenario-- we get 4 or 5 seasons out of this concept.

The question The Big Bang Theory poses is:  Will it wreck the freshman and sophomore series in the eight week commitment to the NFL that CBS has? I would hope not, but there is bound to be a substantial overlap between the fans. Hopefully the newer and shinier toys will be played with and appreciated, even while there is a massive timeslot donnybrook/Pier Six Brawl!

Are we only getting 20 episodes this season? Because April 24 to the end of May is only six episodes- enough for Episodes 15-20 but no room for Episodes 21 and 22.

Unless we're getting two straight weeks of two hour episodes. Or the season finale takes place in mid-June.

1 hour ago, Danielg342 said:

Are we only getting 20 episodes this season? Because April 24 to the end of May is only six episodes- enough for Episodes 15-20 but no room for Episodes 21 and 22.

Unless we're getting two straight weeks of two hour episodes. Or the season finale takes place in mid-June.

It's a bit of a puzzle, isn't it? I can't see them continuing into June, but Monday night stable-mate 'Lucifer' also has a 22 episode run (and is on the same schedule with a big break), so I don't know where they'd fit in double-headers.

Edited by Blackcanary
  • Love 1

Yikes. I had heard that actor was a bit of a problem, but I didn’t know he was “get the show canceled” bad. 

But yeah - more room on the schedule gives Gotham a better shot at survival.