Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Admiral's Fund

CheshireCat
Message added by CheshireCat,

Anyone who wishes to remain unspoiled until the TV air date, please remember that the episode streams two days early. There will be spoilers in this topic before the broadcast.

• Start Topic

Koppleman said that the finale was for the fans.

So fan service happy ending for all.  Even Prince calmed down and seem to be in peace with the end of his "mission" which they never explain what it is.

Prince with that angry face after he threw the printer through the glass, that's a face he's never shown before.  He's always been moderate in his emotions, even-keeled.

They broke all kinds of laws but all ended well except for Prince's billions.  But what about MPC clients?  You figure there will be tons of lawsuits and Prince said he's going to sue them all.

Well he might have a good case against all the former Axe Cap employees who were in on the collusion while working for MPC.  Well he fired Wendy, Wags and Taylor but they have fiduciary responsibilities.

So they would be defendants in suits by MPC clients who got screwed by market manipulation.

But who cares, all the old gang is back together and everything is peaceful.

It's odd, when the show started out, Axe was clearly a villain.  And he still is, market manipulation to not just win but destroy someone else.

So they re-used the same gimmick about Prince and Scooter giving up their phones for hours so that MPC is gutted.  They did that with the Killer Mike episode already.

Then Axe tells them $100 million is like a billion in Indiana.  Way to sneer not just at the Flyover states but it's a callback to when Axe crushed another rival who was left with "only" $150 million and how that was like poverty in NYC because he wouldn't be able to afford trainers for his daughter's horses or whatever.

Not only is Axe some financial genius who surgically kills Prince's money but saves everyone else's money and makes them even 3 times richer!

But he's got some special political insight and the governor chick accepts his political strategy advice!

I knew Phillip was in on it!

So was Chuck onto Amanda and the whole investigation into the natural gas collusion was a ruse to snag her in addition to wrecking MPC?

Seemed like maybe the current POTUS or someone in his inner circle was in on the move against Prince. Bet the briefing at Camp David was largely a fabrication.

Aw, Rhodes Sr. couldn't have been more proud of Chuck for finally taking Prince down.

Prince still had the $100M he'd invested with Killer Mike but what if KM doesn't want to let Prince cash out?

The Admirals Fund. A financial deus ex machina.

Whatever, Scooter. You backed the overhyped horse which is now basically crippled and out of the race. There but for the grace of Phillip go you.

Wendy's staying at the telehealth company. I thought it was tainted by the cooked books?

Axe is back, baby! Take the money and run, indeed.

What a ride it's been. Bye Billions.

On 10/29/2023 at 11:20 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Prince still had the $100M he'd invested with Killer Mike but what if KM doesn't want to let Prince cash out?

If I remember correctly, they weren't investments but deposits in black-owned banks. It's pretty much cash that is available to Prince at anytime.

Whatever, Scooter. You backed the overhyped horse which is now basically crippled and out of the race. There but for the grace of Phillip go you.

I figured Phillip wouldn't let his uncle drown with Prince... because that would just be beyond cold.

Wendy's staying at the telehealth company. I thought it was tainted by the cooked books?

I'm assuming at this point because they don't really dive into it. I believe Prince bought the company's stock and debt a few episodes ago. They may have sold the company's assets and liabilities to Axe, unbeknownst to Prince. She can turn it into a healthy company with clean books. When enough time passes, it wouldn't matter. No one would ever see it.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Useful 1

the whole last few episodes just made me annoyed. I wanted Prince to win (or get his ambassador ship)

his mate scooter, ducking out on prince when everyone else had kicked him. what a nasty piece of work (and i like Scooter)

I was pleased Taylor got out/a good ending and also happy Wendy seemed to get back with Chuck rather than get smooching Axl

Axl never actually being in same room physically as the rest was distracting - Covid is over - at least film the final episode in same room as others!

the whole final season plot seemed odd to me as i couldn't see what prince was doing wrong (compared to most other people) or why he needed to be brought down so badly. surely there would be a whole slew of SEC enquiries after the same company bought and sold stocks like that in one day.

I don't think Chuck and Wendy are back together.

They just decided to have dinner with the kids.

Chuck is presumably still going to the dominatrix and she won't have it any more.

As far as the ending, Axe was ALWAYS going to win, fan service.  He started the show as an arrogant mustache-twirling villain but they couldn't have him be sidelined, like Chuck successfully prosecuting him.

So he kept winning and became as much of a "good guy" as Chuck or anyone else on the show.

Taylor had no interest in doing good.  Remember, Connerty tried to appeal to her ideals which they supposedly had before working for Axe.  They were ambivalent about their first swanky apartment and Connerty tried to play on that but they weren't buying it.

So they bought everything else and later rationalized that they needed to get their net worth to $1 billion and then they could quit and go do good.

So now they are big into philanthropy.  Forget about all the shady things that Axe Capital did when they were a prominent part of AC.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, aghst said:

I don't think Chuck and Wendy are back together.

They just decided to have dinner with the kids.

Chuck is presumably still going to the dominatrix and she won't have it any more.

Chuck may have finally found a comfortable professional level... no more plans for Governor or POTUS... just clean up SDNY and mentor Sacker & Torre into political stars. He can focus on being a better parent and a better bro to Ira.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Starchild said:

I was hoping for her downfall.

She has to endure a few years working for Chuck... so maybe not hitting the basement, but still a long way from the rooftop spa... 

• Like 1

Koppleman said that the finale was for the fans.

Thanks for stating the obvious!

Wayyyyyy to happy ending ish for a show that was more complex and had some sour with the sweet most of the time.

Many things bothered me, but having Chuck be Axe's toddy seemed out of character-Chuck may have always been a step behind, but to have him only carry out Bobby's plan made Chuck look even weaker than usual.

Was happy not to see Wendy and Axe end up together....but I don't see Chuck and Wendy reuniting other than as parents.....altho there was a few glances from Wendy and her saying "I was hoping you would be here" that at least opens the door.

They're all smug.

When they pontificate and drop those cultural references, they're too cool for school.

Oh really, ya think? That is what this show is and always has been.....a bunch of self important rich jerks who probably got picked on in school (other than Axe) and are taking it out on others......and it just happens to be well written and entertaining enough to enjoy

I liked the fan-service ending. I was puzzled, though, that everyone thinks Prince is out of the picture. Axe said they did to Prince what Prince did to Axe. It took Axe what, a year? Two? To be back? That doesn't seem like much of a solution to stop someone like Prince, even with election timing.

Also, I chuckled at how so many characters suddenly “realized,” only after making hundreds of millions of dollars, that they had found a higher purpose. Please.

58 minutes ago, Ottis said:

It took Axe what, a year? Two? To be back? That doesn't seem like much of a solution to stop someone like Prince, even with election timing.

Axe needed Putin to invade Ukraine and Grigor to get weapons in order to become a hero in Europe.

11 hours ago, paigow said:

Axe needed Putin to invade Ukraine and Grigor to get weapons in order to become a hero in Europe.

So you're saying it's possible? Prince could do the same in the Middle East!

Axe chose aiding the clear underdog - not brokering peace - Prince faces a more complex decision matrix... and Scooter is not around to take the blame if anything goes wrong....

Edited by paigow

I liked the finale and I'm glad it was just all of our favourite characters winning for the entire episode.

The only thing that didn't quite work for me was Connerty getting his law license back. The show didn't really give us any reason for why Chuck or Kate would do that. I guess maybe they wanted him as an ally if things went south? Or maybe Kate felt terrible about herself for having worked at MPC so this was her way of paying off some karmic debt? In any case, Connerty's conversation with her about getting his law license back was far enough back that to have it suddenly come up in the finale was weird timing since they didn't really connect it to anything else that was going on.

I am also somewhat surprised that what ended up taking Prince down in the end was not the various schemes of the characters but rather that Winston Dick Energy, which scared all of his money away. I'd love to see a Youtube reaction from someone who is actually in finance. I'm pretty sure they would find this show to be... whimsical in how it interprets money moves.