Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Max Tension

• Start Topic

A deckhand’s questionable work ethic gets on the rest of the team’s nerves; two stews hope to bury the hatchet for the sake of crew morale; past charter guests arrive with a new baby and a lot of energy; things get heated between two deckhands.

Airdate: 10/23/2023

Just like that the feud is squashed instantly.

Because they went out to dine and drink together?

It's as if they turned off the switch.

You hear about booze making some people angry drunks.  So Natalya is a kumbaya drunk?  Because Tumi was hoping for peace.

On WWHL, Tumi said something like "even in real life it isn't done."  Which tells you all you need to know about how scripted the show is.

Oh Roy Orbison's son again as guest.  Now the kids are louder.

Max seeing how far he can push Luka.  Not deliberately but being 45 minutes late to start work and then asking for a break.  Or doing those poor handstands and doing pushups while his coworkers are trying to work.

• Like 4

Next week, Roy Orbison Junior for the 3rd time…oh no! I said it before and will again, his behavior on BDM is an embarrassment to his father’s musical legacy. 🙂

Who gets fired next? Max? Certainly asking for it. Natalya’s boyfriend is an ass. Wants to spread his seed but gaslights her with guilt so she won’t fool around. Manipulative little prick.

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Natalya's turnaround on Tumi does seem suspicious. I think someone probably pulled her aside and told her she was going to get fired if she didn't knock it off. 

My eyes! I did NOT need to see Kyle in his string jockstrap. In what universe is that either attractive or comfortable? 

I felt so sorry for the waitress at that restaurant. I hope they left her a big tip.

Jessika had a hangover and a sore throat. Been there. DIdn't need to go to the emergency room for it but she was just too hung over to work.

Natalya: "I want a baby right now."

Lara: "I can't think of anything worse." Right there with ya, Lara.

Luka telling Lara she was being promoted to lead deckhand was a genuine "Aww" moment. She seemed very moved by it.

I noticed when they showed the photo of Max's family, his father's face was blurred out. So even his dad doesn't want anyone to know that's his son. Who can blame you, Mr. Max? Who can blame you.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Natalya's turnaround on Tumi does seem suspicious. I think someone probably pulled her aside and told her she was going to get fired if she didn't knock it off. 

I think you are right on the money with this. Don't believe for a minute that a little Tequila was able to turn the anger switch off from full force to a complete stop. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Next week, Roy Orbison Junior for the 3rd time…oh no! I said it before and will again, his behavior on BDM is an embarrassment to his father’s musical legacy. 🙂

I’m hoping he doesn’t go a repeat performance of his last visit. That was cringe. I didn’t mind him the first time.

I don’t believe everything will continue to be rosy for Tumi and Nat. Nat has a history of being okay for a bit and then perceiving a slight (often real last season) and going off. And I predict Kyle will be right there in the middle, stirring up trouble. I hope Tumi can rise above it and respond to their antics with professional distance.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

’m hoping he doesn’t go a repeat performance of his last visit. That was cringe. I didn’t mind him the first time.

His first charter he had an unhealthy relationship with booze, didn't he pee where he shouldn't have?  I was not a fan, of his father's yes but of his, no.

• Like 3

When the one guy asked for a virgin pina colada, I wondered if Roy Jr was off the booze. Hope so for the sake of those kids.  The kids were adorable.  They seemed to know Sandy well, also.  And Natalya was great with them.  

Wonder if they sent Jessica to shore to make sure she didn't have covid?

Tumi said on WWHL that she realized Kyle was playing them against each other because he wants to be Chief Stew.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

I don't think Sandy had any choice except to send Jess to the ER, she could have infected the crew let alone the guests with young kids.

IMO Kyle wants to be Chief Stew so he will do anything to get there...

Luka needs to wake up about Max.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
On 10/24/2023 at 10:05 AM, iMonrey said:

Jessika had a hangover and a sore throat. Been there. DIdn't need to go to the emergency room for it but she was just too hung over to work.

When they were walking from dinner to the bar there was a quick clip of her saying she didn’t feel well.  In which case she should’ve been in bed drinking tea, but that doesn’t get filmed.

• Like 4