Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Nine Episode Talk

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Both Nancy Pelosi and Stephen handled the interruptions superbly, each in their own way.
Rather than calling for bouncers, Stephen demonstrated respect for the protestors, pretty much disarming them with charm.
Nancy magically took the focus away from them (I may have to rewatch to see exactly how she did that). 

Speech classes should show a clip of them doing that.

Yeah, I really appreciate how civil and respectful Stephen was, in terms of allowing them to be heard while keeping everything calm and ensuring the show kept going. 

6 hours ago, atomic said:

Last night's Melania spoof might have been the best one yet. 🤣

The dance moves she did were pure gold :D. 

4 hours ago, possibilities said:

It grosses me out how Stephen is obsessed with his crowd size. He needs to get past that. It makes him look too much like a certain other prominent person.

We can see the venue. We can hear the applause. We don't need to see him brag about it.

I think in this case, it's not really about him, more that it's his way of highlighting just how many people have come to Chicago for this particular waek. I think he's highlighting it more as a way to show just how significant the turnout has been, not just for his show, but for the DNC in general. 

• Like 12

Buttigieg always has the best answers, IMO. He must be a talk show host's fav. 

I couldn't tell if Stephen was almost crying or not at this point (the link should take you towards the end of the clip), I tear🥲😭up every time:

But I especially f'loved:

…And maybe we needed a coach to remind us that this is what locker room talk is supposed to sound like.

Note to self: Memorize line.

• Like 6

Yeah, that "locker room" line was perfection. I liked his reaction to Walz' speech in general (which was indeed absolutely fantastic). 

Agreed on the interview with Buttigieg, too. I love how he's just right to the point and lays out his viewpoints so matter-of-factly. His reaction to the question about Trump's attitude towards medals...yeah, I hear you on that one, Pete. 

I also liked his story about his kid waking him and his husband up super early XD. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

I also liked his story about his kid waking him and his husband up super early XD. 

I loved that the 3-year-old starts the wake-up with a book and then escalates to the tambourine. 😆

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

It was nice that the show was only a little late coming on last night compared to the previous 3 nights. AOC was a good guest. I hope Stephen and the crew can get some rest

ETA: And Mavis Staples was a good performance

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

Mavis was the perfect musical guest to round out the greatness that was this week in general :). She really captured the spirit and vibe of the convention as a whole. 

6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

AOC was so quick and on point. You could see Stephen admiring her for it. 

I really like her. If she ever were to run for president someday, I'd be good with that :). 

• Like 4

Stephen’s interview with Justice Jackson was pretty good as I knew little about her though of course she had to be careful what she said about certain things. I think this was a better interview than the one with retired Justice Breyer. Boy she comes across as nerdy but it was delightful at the same time

• Like 3

Yeah, I really liked her, too. Even with the obvious and understandable limits on some of what she could and couldn't discuss, I think she was still more open and sympathetic to a lot of the concerns Stephen talked about regarding the court than some of the other justices who'been interviewed. 

• Like 1

I'm so glad Stephen's back. I'll watch him tonight, after i watch the recording of Kimmel's show. Two of my faves. I go back wotj Stephen to his Report days and the Daily Show. Damn that was some good TV back then, w/Jon Stewart. He's still got it, the crazee SOB. He so cray cray, but in the best way.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I think we’re in season 10 now. Do we create a new thread?

One would think, right?  I was wondering the same thing, but online listings and IMDB show these latest episodes as part of Season 9.

• Useful 3
16 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:
15 hours ago, DanaMB said:

16 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

One would think, right?  I was wondering the same thing, but online listings and IMDB show these latest episodes as part of Season 9.

The CBS/LSSC website indicates that the September 3rd episode with Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson was Season 10, Episode 1:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/episodes/10/ 

• Useful 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, BMGepinniw said:

The CBS/LSSC website indicates that the September 3rd episode with Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson was Season 10, Episode 1:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/episodes/10/ 

16 hours ago, DanaMB said:

🧞‍♂️Your wish is my command:
forums.primetimer.com/topic/149388-lssc-season-ten-episode-talk

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Thanks 5
  • Applause 1