Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Don’t Give Up On Me

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Wow, Uche is an a**hole. That is NOT the way you coax a woman to come back to you. But this confirms that Lydia got in Aaliyah's head. 

Only 3 couples this time? Bummer.

Uche is all red flags. He's awful. I hope Aaliyah stays away. 

These people are really boring. I want Taylor to run because JP makes me really uncomfortable. I'm not a particularly huge fan of Milton but I hope for his sake that he and Lydia don't make it. 

The only couple I get any chemistry from is Izzy and Stacy but we still got a way too long scene of them talking about the toilet. 

Honestly, they should have just scrapped this whole season.

• Like 15

Uche, Uche, Uche.... [Long, deep, spiritual sigh].  He is a like a 1 step forward, 5 steps back kinda guy for me.  I was on his side when he was feeling abandoned and confused by Aaliyah bouncing.  I understand that.  It was a valid reaction.

But then came the phone call.  He went on the offensive, talked over her and invalidated her feelings. If he was so in love his first reaction should have been trying to understand and maybe resolve.  Obviously something wasn't sitting right in Aaliyah's spirit about Uche despite loving him. I am glad she listened to that voice.

Lydia & Milton: I am surprised about how much I am not hating Lydia this episode.  I still think Milton is too young, but they are not completely awful together. They are definitely more interesting together than JP and Taylor. Also, damn Milton is tall!!  Last episode I would have said no way they make it to the altar.  But this episode... I dunno.  They seem so easy and effortless with each other.

Taylor and JP: Speaking of... man Taylor and JP are a charisma and chemistry black hole.  JP is giving NOTHING.   I feel bad for the producers, they probably had to dig deep for any usable footage. They are not gonna make it.  She is trying too hard to make it work and he is not holding his weight.

Stacy and Izzy. Still the only couple that seem like they actually want to sex with each other.  Stacy needs to back away from the Joan Crawford Mommy Dearest make up, though.  Her eyebrows are needlessly aggressive.  I think they might say I do.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Lydia & Milton: I am surprised about how much I am not hating Lydia this episode.  I still think Milton is too young, but they are not completely awful together. They are definitely more interesting together than JP and Taylor. Also, damn Milton is tall!!  Last episode I would have said no way they make it to the altar.  But this episode... I dunno.  They seem so easy and effortless with each other.

I feel like Lydia and Milton shouldn't get married but I could see them having fun and dating. 

But he does look like a young guy trying to look like a man.  It's hilarious.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I don't think JP is into Taylor at all. That's what's making it so awkward. I don't understand because she is adorable. But chemistry is a mysterious thing.

I had to add more. JP is nuts. He thinks a girl is going to be on TV without makeup? I'm glad he's not superficial but most girls wear makeup when they are trying to impress. There is a time and place for no makeup and it is not when meeting a man for the first time. 

I think Lydia is trying to hard. She just wanted to be engaged. She also wants to show Izzie what's he's missing.

I didn't't like Stacie at first but she is growing on me.

Edited by retired watcher
To add more.
  • Like 7

Am I really the only one on Team Uche?  I think Aaliyah seems very nice, but she is a hot mess of insecurity and poor decision-making. Don't get me wrong...Uche is no prize. But he had every right to be really angry and hurt, especially after Aaliyah started trying to defend herself by saying she didn't have time to write a letter.  Huh?  Her leaving was on her own timeframe...she could have delayed it as much as she wanted, so as to not leave Uche completely in the dark, even if it was to just say she was confused and needed to get away. 

What makes no sense is her lack of having a reason for leaving. It wasn't simply that she was pissed that he didn't tell her earlier about Lydia. It seems to have had something to do with what Lydia was saying to her, and he is entirely right that that's beside the point and outside the scope of their relationship, especially since Lydia didn't say anything problematic or conflicting.

On 9/29/2023 at 11:27 AM, ally8620000 said:

Honestly, they should have just scrapped this whole season.

Really makes me wonder if this year they did like they have in previous years where there were other engagements in the pods and for whatever reason they chose not to keep following those couples, or whether there were just only 3 total engagements this season. I can't imagine if there really were more engaged couples, that they wouldn't have them come along on the couples getaway too, since more couples to follow equals more potential drama leading up to marriage day.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Really makes me wonder if this year they did like they have in previous years where there were other engagements in the pods and for whatever reason they chose not to keep following those couples, or whether there were just only 3 total engagements this season. I can't imagine if there really were more engaged couples, that they wouldn't have them come along on the couples getaway too, since more couples to follow equals more potential drama leading up to marriage day.

I read an article somewhere online where the creator (Or producer? Someone who runs the show) said that their were some other couples that got engaged (and one even made it to Mexico) but they decided not to show them.  Maybe they were all too well adjusted?  If that's the case, I feel that they made a mistake because this season could use a few couples that aren't a complete mess.

• Like 7

I guess I'm the only one one Team Lydia&Milton and not Team Izzy&Stacie. They're just in it for the good times -- at the first sign of trouble, one of them (probably IzzY) is going to run.

Taylor: "Was it a good cuddle?"
JP: [long pause] " It was nice" 
Nice??? "Nice" is such a weasel word.  She needs to run far and fast.

Uche: It wasn't "some girl" who was coming between you -- it was someone that you had sex with 2 months ago, and that Aaliyah thought was her best friend, but just wouldn't shut up about Uche. She ran to get away from Lydia more than to get away from Uche, and to do that she had to leave before Lydia came back. I think that she was trying to tell him that, but he kept dismissing Lydia as just "some girl".

I'm not sure I see any of these couples getting anywhere near the altar.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, JH Lipton said:

Uche: It wasn't "some girl" who was coming between you -- it was someone that you had sex with 2 months ago, and that Aaliyah thought was her best friend, but just wouldn't shut up about Uche. She ran to get away from Lydia more than to get away from Uche, and to do that she had to leave before Lydia came back. I think that she was trying to tell him that, but he kept dismissing Lydia as just "some girl".

Yeah, my husband said the same thing.  We decided that since she was living in the quarters with Lydia and she had to be around her 24/7, that her escape route.

My guess is that Aaliyah maybe wanted to try to pursue something with Uche outside of the whole 'experiment' because by doing it as part of it, she would still be in Lydia's sphere throughout the whole thing.  I mean, they all buy dresses together, they live in the same complex, they have their bachelorette parties together etc.  She would have been joined at the hip with Lydia the whole time and since Lydia didn't respect her boundaries re: Uche before, Aaliyah probably felt she would continue to ignore her wishes and continue to dish about Uche when given the change.  She also probably didn't want to see Uche and Lydia interact with each other.  But by bouncing she could have still gotten her man without all that. Oh well.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 9/30/2023 at 8:20 PM, retired watcher said:

I had to add more. JP is nuts. He thinks a girl is going to be on TV without makeup? I'm glad he's not superficial but most girls wear makeup when they are trying to impress. There is a time and place for no makeup and it is not when meeting a man for the first time. 

She does look better without it though. So does Stacey. They both wear too much, and the wrong colors. Stacey looked much fresher and younger fresh out of bed.

JP is boring as hell, and does everything he owns have a flag on it?

Milt and Lydia are like a three-month casual non-exclusive thing. To Milton’s credit, while he does look young (he’s so gangly!) he’s got a sharp wit and can give it back to Lydia. I don’t see marriage for them though.

• Like 5

I guess it was pretty dumb of Taylor to think things would just work out & should've actually talked about how he is in real life &... talking. 🤣🤣 She wants him to tell her how he feels, yet only tells the cameras how she's feeling??? Girl, BYE!!!

Does JP have a pulse? Holy crap. Poor Taylor kept trying to pull conversation out of him and he just wouldn't budge.

I'm definitely the talkative one in my own relationship. My husband tends to be more quiet (not nearly as much as JP, but still very much an introvert and I make a lot of the conversation.) But we've been married for 6 years, together for almost 10. In the beginning, he was active in conversations or else I wouldn't have married him lol. These two just met and he has zero to say to her or ask her? I think I'd end it on the spot. I don't think she's very attracted to him but I think if he was to give more, personality wise, she'd grow more attracted. I'm sure he's not too attracted to her either but I think it's more than that. He just has a very awkward personality. These two will never make it.

Izzy and Stacy have great chemistry. He's very good looking and she is attractive (she looks way better with less or no makeup.) They have fun together which is really important at this stage of the game. They act how people in a new relationship should act. Fun, flirty, lighthearted. But I can see him being a cheater. He has a way of speaking too much . I saw this in his conversation with Lydia. He could have just said that he was glad to meet her and that she's a great person but they are both happy with how things panned out. But he kept talking, and talking and talking. I could see him having a wandering eye eventually. I definitely do think Johnie was too serious for him, though. He needs someone with more of a Stacy personality.

Lydia's personality would never be a good fit for me, but it seems to be working for Milton, so have at it.

Both Uche and Aaliyah need to work on themselves before trying to get engaged and married to someone else. I think both are annoying.

• Like 1