Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Enemy of the State

AntFTW
  • Start Topic

I guess they forgot to show us the part where Chris ran over everyone’s puppies and stole all of their money.

Not sorry to see the back of Sebastian.  He acted like a creepy lovesick puppy with Tori and it was annoying.

• Like 8

Well... bye Sebastian.

I didn't care for the daily challenge. You usually learn the laws of motion and laws of gravity in grade school, why would you have people jump on a trampoline on a moving truck? Very risky challenge.

I'm curious to know who voted for Johnny 🤣

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 6

Looks like we're out one blah male Survivor contestant. Bonus: Tori is going to have to look for another himbo to canoodle with for the rest of the season. Once again: Sea Bass = Diet Jordan.

Meh to Chris. I still think he lucked into his Survivor win. Apparently, he made a lot of deals, and that bit him in the ass. The thing with him is that he's not really "there." I don't think he thought of yelling at Fessy for nominating him. At least his daughter is cute.

Good elimination. I've been to an anime convention where they set up a game with a similar theme . . . bounce the ball off boards and into the basket. Way more entertaining that watching Tyler and Monte try to unspool and balance balls at the same time.

Tori looked like he was lucky not to have gotten seriously hurt. I guess that as long as the contestants signed their waivers, anything goes. Also, I'm pretty sure Josh copied the correct answer off somebody else. The guy has never struck be as being bright. And it looks like he's going back too the crying next week.

• Like 1

In the Daily they had different heights for the trampoline in the first stage, so that taller challengers don’t have an advantage.

But in the second stage, no height adjustments and the tallest guy won though Fessy correctly judged that you can jump high enough with one jump instead of jumping Before reaching the flags to build up momentum.

Or stronger legs let him push off the trampoline more, along with his height and reach.

Michaela and the other big women seem like threats but they haven’t really performed well in the Dailies so Tori is winning them rather easily.

Fessy realizes he needs to get the vets out since he’s never been able to beat them for the big prize in previous seasons.  But he has to be in alliance with them for the time being.

I don’t know that what Chris did was worse than Sebastian lobbying for Cory and people saw that he was trying to be devious.  But he had the right idea to target a vet, to try to eliminate someone who is a greater threat to perform in the Final.

But everyone jumped on Chris because it’s a pack dog mentality to turn on one target, because it’s better to go along with the group and gang up one one target.

The elimination was again about which one had the patience.  It wasn’t as aggravating as the ball pyramid but they had to be willing to make multiple adjustments of those barrels and presumably retrieve the balls until they made the shots.

They’re saving Hall Brawl and Pole Wrestle for mismatched competitors, one much bigger and stronger than the other.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

We’re 9 episodes in and there are what, 14 players left? How many episodes in this season? As much as I’m enjoying this season, they need to move this along.

I’ve read that 8 run the final.  

4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I’ve read that 8 run the final.  

That’s believable. It’s usually 8 finalists. I thought we’d closer to 8 people by now since the last season was only 10 or 11 episodes.

On 9/15/2023 at 10:55 AM, bunnyface said:

Michaela says "I think Chris is playing for Chris." 

And this is why I don't like Michaela. She actually believes that he should be playing for her.

Chris isn't liked because he didn't swallow the 'survivor only' bullshit. I think he knew he was low on that alliance. He realized that you need to make connections with other people and be willing to work with them. He wasn't the smoothest doing it but he will get better the next time he plays. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, xfuse said:

Chris isn't liked because he didn't swallow the 'survivor only' bullshit. I think he knew he was low on that alliance.

According to Johnny, Chris did know. Johnny said he had conversations with Chris and Sebastian about both of them being on the bottom of the Survivor alliance.

5 hours ago, xfuse said:

He wasn't the smoothest doing it but he will get better the next time he plays.

He scrambling like you would see on Survivor.

Watching Survivor, secrets tend to not stay secrets for long but people keep secrets on Survivor much better than they do on The Challenge. On Survivor people hold their cards closer to their chest much better than they do on The Challenge, and it seems like Chris relied on people being as secretive as they would be on Survivor. He was scrambling very much in a Survivor style.

Separately, the people who have played Survivor have played The Challenge as if they were playing Survivor. Desi, Chanelle and the rest had been really effective in whipping up votes like they would do on Survivor. The nine votes for Amanda was executed in a Survivor-like fashion iMO. When Johnny went into elimination, it seems like they tried to split votes between Josh and Paulie to go in against Johnny, a very 'Survivor' thing to do.

On 9/14/2023 at 11:24 PM, AntFTW said:

why would you have people jump on a trampoline on a moving truck? Very risky challenge.

So damn dangerous! For that to work SAFELY, the trampoline needed to be longer and the contestants should have been told to jump at the front of it so that as the truck continued to move while they were in the air, they'd still have space to safely land back on the trampoline, and not like what happened to Tori. I'm shocked she didn't end up with a slipped disc or something. 

On 9/15/2023 at 8:35 AM, aghst said:

In the Daily they had different heights for the trampoline in the first stage, so that taller challengers don’t have an advantage.

But in the second stage, no height adjustments and the tallest guy won though Fessy correctly judged that you can jump high enough with one jump instead of jumping Before reaching the flags to build up momentum.

I noticed that too! Especially after they made a point of saying how the first one was adjusted. So what was point of that if they weren't going to be consistent throughout the entire challenge?!?

I love how everyone has been all "My best friends/roommates/people I barely know won. I should be safe!"

• Like 1