Type keyword(s) to search

Justice For The People With Judge Milian - General Discussion

• Start Topic

OK, I found the show on a non prime channel (UTV44 on Cox) premiering at 7:30 AM, not exactly prime viewing time. Also, UTV44 has been the home of many second (or third or fourth) tier court shows. JM seems about the same, but the set looks low budget and the litigants act like the scripted ones on low end court shows.

The first case featured a plaintiff who is (or acts the part of) a crazy bitch who rented a room to a college student. She hams it up, makes wild gestures and totally disrespects the judge. She has crazy house rules (must plump up the cushions after sitting on a chair or sofa) and changes the security code for the house alarm and fails to tell the tenant the new codes, then complains when he sets off the alarms, disturbing the neighbors and resulting in city fines; naturally she thinks the tenant should pay for the fines. She babbles incoherently in explaining how changing the codes is somehow wrapped up in her trusting the tenant.

Frankly I skimmed by the second case because it was really boring.

Honestly, I wish Judge Milian had retired after her long and successful run with Peoples Court. This show feels low rent. The second episode is this afternoon. Maybe it will get better.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

I’ll give this a few eps to get into things, but first impression is not good. 

The good : JM looks refreshed and happy to be there, while it seemed like at the end of TPC, she didn’t want to be there, IMO. No Harv so far, although I get 1.5 hours of TMZ every day should I decide I miss him 😉 

The bad : No Doug or Douglas. The new bailiff doesn’t do much yet, and honestly could be someone in a Halloween costume. The set is very cheap looking and minimalistic. It’s hard to say much about the cases, nothing special there, although some litigants seem more actor-y than those on TPC. If anyone ever watched “America’s Court w/Judge Kevin something”, this is very reminiscent. And if you haven’t seen it, an SNL skit of a court show would be more cohesive and less comical. 

Edit : Forgot one thing, it seems like they’re filming this in LA. 

Edit 2 : The second episode is only one case. A man is suing his baby mama because she went on a trip with their twins for her b-day and the twins missed his wedding due to them missing a flight home. My mind wandered quite a bit and it seemed very commercial heavy, but these seemed like real people moreso than the plaintiff in ep 1, case 1. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
36 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

No Harv so far, although I get 1.5 hours of TMZ every day should I decide I miss him 😉

I know how you feel. Just knowing he's available should I feel a need to see his face is very comforting, even if I don't look - kind of the way an alcoholic who has long given up drinking might like knowing a bottle is stashed somewhere in the house.

"Justice for the People"? I dunno.  It kind of sounds like she's freeing the peasants from tyranny or something.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, DoctorK said:

OK, I found the show on a non prime channel (UTV44 on Cox) premiering at 7:30 AM, not exactly prime viewing time. Also, UTV44 has been the home of many second (or third or fourth) tier court shows. JM seems about the same, but the set looks low budget and the litigants act like the scripted ones on low end court shows.

The first case featured a plaintiff who is (or acts the part of) a crazy bitch who rented a room to a college student. She hams it up, makes wild gestures and totally disrespects the judge. She has crazy house rules (must plump up the cushions after sitting on a chair or sofa) and changes the security code for the house alarm and fails to tell the tenant the new codes, then complains when he sets off the alarms, disturbing the neighbors and resulting in city fines; naturally she thinks the tenant should pay for the fines. She babbles incoherently in explaining how changing the codes is somehow wrapped up in her trusting the tenant.

Frankly I skimmed by the second case because it was really boring.

Honestly, I wish Judge Milian had retired after her long and successful run with Peoples Court. This show feels low rent. The second episode is this afternoon. Maybe it will get better.

I wish she retired too after watching the first episode.  The set is definitely low-budget.  It seems like a step-down.  It looks like the channel that used to run The People's Court is going to keep airing re-runs.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I was under the impression that the new JM show was going to be online, like both of JJ's shows (Judy's own show and that Tribunal show), so I had no idea to even find it on regular TV.   It was by chance that I happened to see this on my cable schedule just now, and missed the first episode by one hour.   Reading some of the reviews, it may not be good entertainment.   

Anyhoo, I put it in my DVR schedule, as I've been missing my court shows - down to just Hot Bench for new cases, and I don't watch the JJ or TPC reruns as some of them are on their 3rd-4th airings.

• Like 4

It looks like this show is using actors, which is very disappointing.  The "student" from the first case is listed as an actor in the iMDB for Justice for the People and the little disclaimer at the end says they may use actors.  I LOVED The People's Court and was excited Judge Milian was getting another show, but this is pretty terrible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

I'll try this. We haven't had Peoples Court for almost a year. Since Direct did not renew their contract with Nexstar for our local CW. or visa versa  Also don't have ABC due to same.  At least I can watch those shows on HULU.  

Agree about the cheap set. It looks cardboardy.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, Paperclips said:

I wish she retired too after watching the first episode.  The set is definitely low-budget.  It seems like a step-down.  It looks like the channel that used to run The People's Court is going to keep airing re-runs.

I think the new Judge Mathis show is using the same set.  I only watched it for a few minutes but it looked like the same set.  Now THAT is cutting corners.

I also didn't like how she let the Plaintiff and Defendant talk to each other   That would have NEVER happened on The People's Court.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

For anyone who hasn't found it (including me) here's a little preview, and I agree that the set is very tacky.

The set looks like something jr. high kids would craft for a production of 12 Angry Men.  Excuse me, make that 12 Triggered Individuals.

Still not sure I’ll be watching but what’s with the echo?  The audio is as cheap as the faux wood.  

And the faux wood looks like it was painted with a deck stain. 

Definitely a couple steps down. 

2 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

@AngelaHunter and anyone else who hasn’t found where this is airing yet, try this link. Click on airings, then change to put in your zip code. If you’re like me, you’ll also then have to google the 4 letter channel code to see what it corresponds with numerically. I’m not sure why info on this show is so hard to find. 

Thank you! I did track it down, but the only provider offered for my area in Canada is not the one I have. It will take a bit to figure out, but that is very helpful!😀

• Like 2

Somehow the people are more ridiculous today. 

Ep 3, case 1 : neighbors go on vacation together, plaintiffs suing because def’s are swingers who wanted to swing on vacation. When they(plaintiffs) went to bed, the def wife was sitting on their bed in a negligee and her husband walks in naked a few minutes later. D wife says P wife has been flirting with her and doesn’t understand why they were so uncomfortable. P’s get money back because they left vacation. 

Case 2 : Brothers fighting over prize money for dance competition featuring P’s daughter. The daughter won and of the $750 prize, D only gave her $50. She does a little dance for JM, and JM awards her/her dad the additional $325 she’s rightfully owed. 

Ep 4 : P suing his gf’s brother(D) for sabotaging a hot wing eating contest. JM thinks he’s(P) an idiot and I can’t believe they stretched this out for a full ep. I switched to something because I felt myself getting dumber. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Excuse me, make that 12 Triggered Individuals.

Is there a remake in the near future? That would have to be the new title.😆

As for the sets: I really like the old ones, both on TPC and JJ. The super cheap bench, the DVD player, the ancient whiteboard, and faux books were/are all part of the charm for me! The new one is featureless, as though someone had a bunch of melamine left over from a job and just hot-glued it all together.

• LOL 3

Both JMM and Judge Mathis's new shows seem to have very cheap sets; but I'll give them time to find their legs and start decorating.  (I think it was Mathis's new show they had some mic problems early on because it was a bit echoy I found; JMM's show didn't seem to have that problem at least) 

For Justice, I noticed they still have the same voice over guy it seems, but no Doug or Douglas sadly. :( I don't think she even addressed the bailiff by name yet which is sad. The new show seems to be missing some of the personal touches, and I miss her banter/friendliness with Douglas. 

The cases are pretty standard TV Court cases so far. 

As for the rest of the show, I'm also missing the post-case interviews (with or without Doug), since that tends to add a bit more snark/fun to the cases. 

I agree that JMM seems a bit more energized now. At the end of TPC, she was going through the motions, and once they knew the show was cancelled I suspect she checked out a bit. But having a new show can be invigorating, and having an audience probably helps. 

In any case I'll leave it going on the PVR and we'll see how it goes.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Taeolas said:

In any case I'll leave it going on the PVR and we'll see how it goes.

You can record it? I finally found it, on "WSBKH" (never heard of it before)and that channel doesn't allow recording. Screw you, WSKB.😡

1 hour ago, Taeolas said:

I noticed they still have the same voice over guy it seems

Still the former no-neck hall clown? How does he know what to say, without Levin writing his witty and archaic, i.e. "The LOUSE" lines for him?

So Douglas got kicked the curb? What a shame. I very much enjoyed how he progressed to the point of sneering and openly laughing at the zany and/or vile antics of our beloved litigants.

• Like 4

Starting off, I don’t need to hear her autobiography and history before every show.

Today’s first (7:30 AM) episode was just boring with a touch of sleaze (maybe a bit more than a touch). I don’t even remember much of it now, seven hours later.

Second episode, the autobiography again, then we start off with a man who loves the word “literally” the way some fools use the word “like”. First of all, his throat was not “literally” on fire, and he also used the word other times where it made no sense at all. He claims that the hospital diagnosed him with “thermal” injury from the wings; if the medical people actually said that, they need to look up “thermal”. Extreme spice ingested can cause medical problems but it is not from actual heat (i.e., thermal) but mostly chemical damage and/or reactions (e.g., spasms, impaired breathing, which can be dangerous) to the body sensing what seems to be dangerous burning heat. I am not impressed (which he apparently requires from everyone) that he competes in hot wings competitions and therefore deserves respect from his girlfriend’s brother and of course all of us.

This is a stupid case, and all of the litigants lacked realism to me. In the same way that the courtroom set reminds me of the many low end third rate knock-offs of JJ, JM and even Mathis which display penny pinching budgets and litigants who often appear to be reading their lines off cue cards held up behind the person they are talking to.

As always, YMMV.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Agree DoctorK. 

My opinion is that they’re actors.  Bad ones at that.  The kind of actors who keep hounding the talent agencies (located at the back of the 3rd floor in an out of the way building hugging the city limits of Revere) that they’re “available” for work.  The giveaway is that their clothes aren’t as ratty as those featured on TPC.  Also not a lot of tattoos.

Here in Boston we get the two new shows at 2:00 (TPC’s old time slot) then two reruns of TPC at 3:00. 

Way too much JM.  She’s too loud for me and popping four Advil to get rid of the headache can’t be too good for my innerds. 

Back to work. 

Woof, these "cases" are so scripted.  The last 2-3 episodes it has become very apparent to me that the litigants are too articulate and have their responses on the tips of their tongues to be spontaneous.   I agree with whoever said these actors are too well-dressed and polished - they speak clearly and coherently.  

So far, there have been no wacky weaves or wigs, piercings, stupid jewelry, tattoos, missing teeth or crazy makeup like the disasters who rolled through the TPC doors.  Perhaps they will sprinkle in a few "real" people and pad out other cases with these low rent thespians.  I know she has those 3 daughters to raise and bills to pay like the rest of us, but the thought that she is accepting this bastardization of the justice process makes have less respect for JM. 

Oh well, it ain't like I should've expected quality... it's reality TV.  I can only hope for better script writers.

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

a man who loves the word “literally” the way some fools use the word “like”.

I think of a commercial I used to see where a woman said that when she heard her new, awesome insurance rates she "literally" fell off her chair. I wanted to see a re-enactment of that as she was rather portly. Alas, it was not to be. The English language is endangered.

I was thoroughly and "literally" throwing a hissy fit when I realized I don't get the channel where the show airs, but after reading these comments I think I'll stick with reruns for now.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
49 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think of a commercial I used to see where a woman said that when she heard her new, awesome insurance rates she "literally" fell off her chair. I wanted to see a re-enactment of that as she was rather portly. Alas, it was not to be. The English language is endangered.

I was thoroughly and "literally" throwing a hissy fit when I realized I don't get the channel where the show airs, but after reading these comments I think I'll stick with reruns for now.

You’re missing nuttin’ 

I’m a bit psychic and say that by the end of October the comments here will be few and far between. 

I mean how many times/ways can we gripe about this newest crap fest?  

One more snarky…JM looked loads better in TPC than she does on this poor excuse for educational entertainment.  You’d think with 10 million in her pockets she’d cough up a few hundred for someone to slap decent foundation, eye shadow, powder and a touch of lip gloss on her face. 

Eh, my meatloaf sandwich is awaiting my entry into the kitchen. 

A pleasant evening to all. 

28 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I’m a bit psychic and say that by the end of October the comments here will be few and far between. 

That gives me #sadface. I swear, I talk to you people more than I do to some of my RL friends, and now that I can't even see this trainwreck, despair is my new companion.😢

• Hugs 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I talk to you people more than I do to some of my RL friends, and now that I can't even see this trainwreck, despair is my new companion

I felt the same way when I forgot that the new site was primetimer and I was still using the old link which forwarded to the new one but eventually stopped forwarding so to me it looked like the site was dead and gone. For about a week I felt lost and missed this interaction much more than I would have expected. Then I remembered something about the new name (and URL) and life was good again.

In terms of litigants exaggerating, I think my favorite was a fool who complained that the AC in his apartment was out and it was so hot that the "the water in the toilet was boiling". I wanted to ask him if "212 degrees F" sounded familiar. No I am lying, I wanted to smack the crap out of his ignorant face.

• LOL 4
On 9/11/2023 at 9:01 AM, DoctorK said:

The first case featured a plaintiff who is (or acts the part of) a crazy bitch who rented a room to a college student. She hams it up, makes wild gestures and totally disrespects the judge.

I just watched that on YT and now I'm on the ex-b/f who wouldn't marry his ex-g/f even though they have 6-year-old twins and she's pissed because he's getting married to his new squeeze or something on her "birthday weekend" and wants the kids there. A grown woman and mother freaked out over her birthday and pissed off because her ex-boyfriend didn't even mention it certainly sounds like a typical, genuine litigant, but:

I'm only 3 cases in, true, but I have not heard a single malapropism, a "had went", "we wuz", "messin' ". Okay, that's possible I suppose, but it's not possible that there hasn't even been a single  "like" from all the young people. I really don't know if these are actual cases being presented with actors.

And they kept the Hall Clown, but not Douglas? Hmph. True, the HC is kept out of sight as he should be, but still.

felt the same way when I forgot that the new site was primetimer and I was still using the old link which forwarded to the new one but eventually stopped forwarding so to me it looked like the site was dead and gone.

This forum is definitely addictive. I always know if I'm having a crummy day I can come here, read the best snark around, and be laughing my fool head off in no time.

I had started posting on the TWD forum when TwoP announced the closing and we were, all, like, panicked and, like, "ZOMG! Where will we go? Where can we meet up?" And then we all came here! Oh, happy day.😆

• Like 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I think my favorite was a fool who complained that the AC in his apartment was out and it was so hot that the "the water in the toilet was boiling". 

I'd like to see that!  (Reminds me of way too many years ago when I got to high school and went to the bathroom.  Apparently during the night some plumbing had been done and the hot and cold water lines got mixed up.  The toilets were steaming.  I found it to be quite pleasant.  Usually my hiney was sad and neglected (never getting to see sunlight, always getting sat on, and maligned for not being the "right size" according to the current fashion, etc).  But that day my backside got a spa day.

• LOL 5

This is gonna be brief as I didn’t watch full episodes today and am already questioning if I want to continue or just stick with TPC reruns later in the afternoon. 

Ep 5, case 1: Mother suing daughters summer school teacher for embarrassing her daughter. Daughter may or may not have been cheating(she’s around 10). The Def wouldn’t stop randomly screaming things out when P was telling her case, so I started vacuuming my living room. At one point a pic of the daughters hand was shown and it may have had writing on it, but I didn’t see closely enough. Kid cases make me almost as angry as animal cases, especially when they’re just treated like props. Missed how it ended.

Case 2 : woman suing her friend/coworker over Beyonce tickets. P never gave D money for tickets, so D sold ticket to someone else and P had to but another ticket. She didn’t have the money in the first place and seems bewildered JM doesn’t understand her view, or something. Lots of WTF looks from P. D wins. 

Ep 6, case 1(?) : Mom suing son’s(6-7 ish) baseball coach for kicking him off the team. Turned the tv off, not sure if this was another single case ep or not. Sorry.
Edit: Just turned the tv back on, only case for this ep. Plaintiff gets her money back. 

@Primal Slayer, yes, all AllenMedia shows are this bad. I said an SNL skit of a court show would be more logical/cohesive than a different AllenMedia show, if that tells you anything. 

@AngelaHunter, I love when I’m looking for this thread and you’re the last post because your Judge Judy pic sums up my feelings perfectly 😆

I caught a bit of both the new Judge Mathis show and Eboni’s show and both look like they’re filmed in the same “courtroom” as this. Since they’re in LA, I’m surprised they couldn’t come up with anything better. 

Edited by Bookworm13
Add info about ep 6
  • Like 3

They're definitely using actors, if you look at the IMDB page for Justice for the People the "tenant" from the first case in the first episode is listed there (along with other actors from what I'm guessing will be future cases?)  The disclaimer at the end credits also says the may be a mix of actors and litigants - so far I don't think anyone has been a legitimate litigant.

It's very disappointing - I loved The People's Court and was so excited to see Judge Milian would be getting a new show after TPC was cancelled, but I'm not sure I can keep watching this one.

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
51 minutes ago, MeganG23 said:

They're definitely using actors, if you look at the IMDB page for Justice for the People the "tenant" from the first case in the first episode is listed there (along with other actors from what I'm guessing will be future cases?) 

Well, I can stop being upset that I can't watch this on my TeeVee. I pretty much suspected this while listening to the "litigants" speaking but this confirms it. A bunch of fake contestants. Goodbye, JM, and shame on you. Not nice to try to fool us.

The whacked-out, screaming, titty-tatted, underwear-displaying, scamming, hustling kooks with wrecked grills and murdered English are no more. R.I.P., TPC.

@Bookworm13: That's how I feel many days. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Love 1

No question in my mind the show is fake, the contestants are (bad)actors and the dialogue is scripted. 

I work in the city and sometimes my job requires that I interact with children. Not once in all my years of working and life have I ever heard a 10 year old use the phrase per se.  Never.

This train wreck really needs some work.  I turned it on while eating lunch and after the kid said per se I flipped over to some show where the newlywed wife cracked her husbands head with a skillet so she could be with her lover. 

Maybe not as intriguing as boiling toilet water but a lot more realistic than a puffy kid starting his solo speech with per se.

Someone needs to have a talk with JM and her producers 

Most likely these scripted shows are more cost effective - it's cheaper to get some local day players and pay them a per diem than to fly real litigants in to the studio and then award them however much their lawsuit was for, on top of round-trip airline tickets, car service, food, etc.  I can see why going this route would be done, but I'm not feeling it.

This made me wonder if the courtroom seat fillers/audience are paid.  I *think* that back in the early days when TPC was filmed in Queens, you could request tickets to sit in and I have a distant memory of considering it since I live in NYC.  Not sure if these days they still offer seats to fans or they've gone to hiring extras for that.  

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

Most likely these scripted shows are more cost effective - it's cheaper to get some local day players and pay them a per diem than to fly real litigants in to the studio and then award them however much their lawsuit was for, on top of round-trip airline tickets, car service, food, etc.  I can see why going this route would be done, but I'm not feeling it.

This made me wonder if the courtroom seat fillers/audience are paid.  I *think* that back in the early days when TPC was filmed in Queens, you could request tickets to sit in and I have a distant memory of considering it since I live in NYC.  Not sure if these days they still offer seats to fans or they've gone to hiring extras for that.  

I’d rather go back to watching Zoom cases to cut costs instead of subjecting myself to this. There are enough other fake shows on tv, we really didn’t need one more, IMO. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

I’d rather go back to watching Zoom cases to cut costs instead of subjecting myself to this. There are enough other fake shows on tv, we really didn’t need one more, IMO. 

The remote cases were awesome - the hoarded nests, the bizarre and/or tacky decor, unmade beds, cans of bug spray on display, a creepy person crawling around on the floor, etc.  I was quite happy with that.

I feel personally insulted (triggered?) by JM offering us shitty actors.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I watched it today.  The kid Plaintiff in the first episode was trying so hard to remember his lines.  He said something like "I wanted to have dominance".  Who says that at his age???  Who says that at any age?   It was crazy.  That kid was having so much trouble remembering his lines - it was BAD. 

It was funny and sad at the same time.

I'm done - I'll go back to the People's Court thread.  

I have no idea if she needs money, but this is bottom of barrel.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Paperclips said:

The kid Plaintiff in the first episode was trying so hard to remember his lines.  He said something like "I wanted to have dominance". 

And here I thought being rid of The Levin was all I wanted in this world. I was dead wrong.

On 9/13/2023 at 9:48 AM, Bookworm13 said:

yes, all AllenMedia shows are this bad.

The initial AMG court series, AMERICA'S COURT WITH JUDGE ROSS, premiered in fall 2010. The additional 8 AMG court series are: JUSTICE FOR ALL WITH JUDGE CRISTINA PEREZ, JUSTICE WITH JUDGE MABLEAN, SUPREME JUSTICE WITH JUDGE KAREN, THE VERDICT WITH JUDGE HATCHETT, WE THE PEOPLE WITH JUDGE LAUREN LAKE, and the 3 new court series MATHIS COURT WITH JUDGE MATHIS, JUSTICE FOR THE PEOPLE WITH JUDGE MILIAN, and EQUAL JUSTICE WITH JUDGE EBONI K. WILLIAMS.

I see. Thanks, but no thanks.

• Like 2

Due Cox scheduling, I have the opportunity to watch Peoples Court and the second episode of Justice for etc. at the same time, flipping back and forth between the real JM and the new denatured product. The contrast between the shows is crystal clear: the new show sucks enough to make the real JM reruns look good.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Paperclips said:

She has to need the Money.  I know living in Miami is expensive  How do you blow all of that Money?

My guess is that the Holy Trinity need designer everything and Mama Judge forks over the cash without hesitation. 

I was debating whether or not to leave this show in my DVR.  I was ready to ditch it but decided to keep it:   1) for snark value.  I will use the Wendy Williams show as an example.  I used to be a regular in the WW forum and had a good old time watching and commenting on the train wreck that was WW in the last 4-5 years.   JFTPWJM is up there in entertainment value and/or snarkworthiness due to its fakeness. 

2)  It may get better - a miracle could occur and the setup made more  believable.   Maybe?

Speaking of snark, today's case "Emb-Hair-essment" was amazingly dumb.  The plaintiff was a preppy looking guy who was suing his girlfriend for $810 because he wanted her to change her hair color (it was red when they were together) before meeting his conservative parents.  The girlfriend was very model-ish, with a short haircut - no tattoos or nose rings, very chic.  Preppy says he was afraid his parents wouldn't approve of the GF's red hair and he wanted to keep them happy since they fund his life.  There was some stuff about cheating, but I stopped paying attention because the premise of this case was ridiculous.

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, patty1h said:

The girlfriend was very model-ish, with a short haircut - no tattoos or nose rings, very chic.  Preppy says he was afraid his parents wouldn't approve of the GF's red hair and he wanted to keep them happy since they fund his life.

Sounds very authentic. BUT, if the g/f didn't at least have 2" fake lashes, display saggy boobage, throat/titty tats, isn't knocked up, didn't texx "explicited" pics, wasn't wearing clothes two sizes too small, no one said "Had came", and the parental units object only to hair color, I don't believe any of it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 9/14/2023 at 5:14 PM, DoctorK said:

The contrast between the shows is crystal clear: the new show sucks enough to make the real JM reruns look good.

Absolutely. I watched reruns yesterday and quite enjoyed them, especially since they're much older ones.

On this show, in the first ep I saw - the old lady who wanted the 22-year-old to fluff pillows: When she started with the, "No no no no no no no!" I thought, "Huh?" as JM sat there, saying nothing and actually looking flustered, embarrassed, and at a loss, as in,  "How am I supposed to deal with this bad acting? Am I allowed to tell an actor, 'You better shut your mouth'?"

She's not doing this for the money.  She loves being in front of a camera, IMO. I'm sure it's pretty addictive.

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

She's not doing this for the money.  She loves being in front of a camera, IMO. I'm sure it's pretty addictive.

Here’s another thought…if it isn’t the money could it be that she’s setting up a way for her precious attorney-daughter to essentially take over and continue the show?  

I compare why she did this show to this:  Woman owns a diner with delicious food, comfortable cozy atmosphere.  Food is locally sources, home made.   A corporate restaurant offers her millions to buy her out. Changing the name just a little, letting her still be the face and manager of the restaurant.  Woman is dazzled by the dollar signs and agrees.   Corporate swoops in. Changes the decor and thus the atmosphere.  Changes to cheaper microwave food.  Woman is stuck with the results.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

The Cox/Fox schedule now has two new episodes of this show followed by one hour of the real PC rerun immediately after Justice on the same channel. This doesn't seem to be a good way to build viewership for Justice. I wonder if someone really doesn't like Justice and did this deliberately so people can compare the two shows.

• Like 2

How does JM not roll her eyes to heaven when hearing some of the bullshit scenarios they are coming up with in these cases?   

Today it's "Family Secret Fiasco" where cousin Elma is suing her cousin Jessica because a secret family recipe was given to a third party.  The backstory is that their deceased Grandma gave Elma her treasured fried chicken recipe and left instructions that it stay in the family.  Elma has won several competitions using this same recipe and only told a few family members about it.  The problem starts when Jessica came over for a visit and sees this top secret recipe left open on Elma's table.  Jessica sees that the secret ingredient Grandma used in this recipe was honey mustard!   Jessica happens to meet Elma's neighbor on her way home and while discussing recipes, Jessica gives out Grandma's recipe.   

Elma feels that she can no longer win chicken contests because she no longer can rely on this unique recipe since it is beyond the family circle and Jessica owes her.  Dumb, right?   Guess who loses their case and I lose brain cells for watching.

Edited by patty1h
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1