Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E10: Semifinals 3 & 4

• Start Topic

Why the hell are they wasting time on the damn backstories at this point, and shorting full runs? And I think some pairs are rigged - on the one race, the girl/young woman who was ahead stopped and looked over her shoulder and let her competitor catch up TWICE, then the competitor wound up winning. And I think she's one of the super special contestants with a sick mommy. 🙄😠

• Like 2

I had to miss the first fifteen minutes. I’m guessing that I didn’t miss anything Earth-shaking.

I’m not so jaded. I just screwed up and missed the opening races.

Think of it this way . . . we could be watching The Bachelorette right now. I figure we’re making the right choice.

ETA: Sandy Zimmerman qualifies for the finals, Matt and Akbar splooge in approval.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

What was Abel Gonzalez doing? He seemed to be letting Karsten win. I kept saying "what are you waiting for?"

I'm having a really hard time paying attention tonight...don't know if it's me or the show. I missed half of Barclay's race because I didn't realize she was running; I only half heard them talking about whoever she was running against.

Is it bad I laughed when Daniel Gil got his hair wet?

• Like 3

I've been in the dumps since I saw Nick Hansen, Ryan Stratis, and Jessie Graf get eliminated.   

The competitors are so young but I do like the 2 guys in the second hour who went for the safety pass.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Well if it is, then I just don’t want to be right.  I literally SCREAMED when he went in.  I was so hoping Gary would pull off another miracle run.  I mean, I know the matchups were made based on seeding, but COME ON.  Guy’s got one leg and he pulls Daniel Freaking Gil??  Argh.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Sandy Zimmerman qualifies for the finals

. . . and not because of how well she did, but because the person (I was rooting for but don't even remember who) messed up.

At least we won't have to hear about "the first mom" going to Vegas. There were 3 others, some of whom I think actually earned their spots.

Cool retribution would be Sandy going down on the first obstacle at the finals, and all the other moms getting to at least Stage II. (I really can't stand her in case anyone wasn't able to figure that out; she milked the "first mom" thing too hard until it was just too insufferable).

• Like 3
18 hours ago, ams1001 said:

What was Abel Gonzalez doing? He seemed to be letting Karsten win. I kept saying "what are you waiting for?"

There seemed to be  lot of that on this episode - people who were hesitating and seemed to be allowing the competitor to catch up on purpose.  I didn't understand it at all.  

2 hours ago, eel2178 said:

Cool retribution would be Sandy going down on the first obstacle at the finals

I'd be quite happy to see that.  The whole "first mom" thing has been ridiculous and annoying since it started and Sandy irritates me anyway.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I'm having a really hard time paying attention tonight...don't know if it's me or the show. I missed half of Barclay's race because I didn't realize she was running; I only half heard them talking about whoever she was running against.

I think Abel was trying to complete the course.  If he completed it and was fast enough, he might have gotten to Vegas.  Him talking his time was probably him trying to get his breath back.

I didn't laugh at Daniel because I was amazed that the man with one leg actually had a chance to win.  However, it would have taken him at least 5 minutes to get to where Daniel fell.

BTW, I don't remember seeing Nick Hansen run in the prelims.  Also, I was kind of tickled that the Island Ninja didn't win.  

Another BTW, did Lance Pinkus compete this year?

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Another BTW, did Lance Pinkus compete this year?

According to Sasukepedia:

American Ninja Warrior 15

Lance returned in the fourth qualifying round. For the first time, his run was cut but it was revealed by him on Instagram that he shockingly failed the second obstacle, Greased Lightning and didn’t move onto the semifinals for the first time since ANW8.

• Mind Blown 1
13 hours ago, Rickster said:

Sorta curious why they had to blur the jacket of one of Simba Jones (?) supporters.

I presume he was wearing something branded that the show didn’t want to inadvertently advertise. 

It's hard to watch when the local real weatherman is covering the screen.  At least the tornado warnings were to our northeast in the second hour, but that meant I missed seeing the so-called old timers hit the water.

The only competition I cared about ended up with Daniel Gil in the water and his so-easy-to-cheer-for competitor getting farther.  Danged if our house didn't get a lightening strike before I could go back and see if Gil's hair deflated or not. 

Managed to get the show on local broadcast but no show was deemed more important that the flood warning (for us) and the tornado.  

Just got internet back this evening and I'll look for summaries.  The side by side races just aren't worth searching for.

• Like 1
On 8/15/2023 at 2:58 PM, mlp said:

There seemed to be  lot of that on this episode - people who were hesitating and seemed to be allowing the competitor to catch up on purpose.  I didn't understand it at all.  

I think it was a race strategy if you're just looking to get to Vegas and not compete for fastest finish.   As long as they finish an obstacle ahead of their competitor they're winning, so why not catch your breath and give yourself an advantage to get past the next obstacle?  I agree it doesn't make for exciting TV.

Am I nuts or did they change out the course slightly for the Safety Pass race in the previous 2 semi-finals?  How can they change the rules mid-stream like that?