Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Chat

• Start Topic

One of the things that is really evident this episode is that we see, we hear, we feel like the polygamous is all over. Janelle is done. Robyn and Kody are done

Yes, Meri is still holding out hope of a relationship with Kody. 

But the only relationships that are left are:

• Sister Wives Christine and Janelle
  • Married couple Kody and Robyn
  • Meri is left with nobody

But at least the OG kids all have each other.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
Just now, Adeejay said:

I wish Janelle would stop saying she was "friends with Meri's family" and just admit she was married to her brother.  

This has always bothered me about her.  She mentioned earlier this season about being open to another polygamous marriage. I think she is afraid to stop believing in polygamy because she would have to admit kody was committing adultery with her. I think Bonnie may have encouraged Meri to accept Janelle as #2. Maybe spiritual bigamy 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
5 minutes ago, General Days said:

It's ridiculous, and it just makes her look dishonest.

5 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I wish Janelle would stop saying she was "friends with Meri's family" and just admit she was married to her brother.  

Do we know WHY the show ignores this fact? It’s bizarre that it’s never mentioned.

• Like 9

It's amazing to me that (to varying extents), Meri, Janelle, and Christine were all willing to put up with their interpersonal difficulties, and their jealousy, but Kody couldn't handle maintaining pre-existing relationships, once he met Robyn.

I think they're all better off without him, but it's still hard to even try to see things from his point of view.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
Just now, Gramto6 said:

Is it possible per the commercial for next week that Meri is finally going to $hit on him and get off the pot??? I hope so!

I will believe it when I see it.  She's an idiot and seems want to "work on the relationship" at the same time he's tossing her aside like a used tissue. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I don't know why C&J are defending Kody.  He was all in on plural marriage and parenting when the kids were young and provided an audience and adoration for him.  Once some got older and parenting was actual work...he found a younger woman to start over with.

He's pathetic.

He'll be even angrier when he notices she's older and when those hostages are eventually set free

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
32 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

What's with those stupid gloves?

He usually wears the gloves when he works outside.  He has to keep those hands nice and soft.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 8
38 minutes ago, General Days said:

The producers are really letting down Meri. They should just show her less, if they have less new material. As it stands right now, they're doing neither her nor the audience any favors.

She might be getting paid based on screen time. So maybe the producers are trying to ensure she gets 20% of the money.

They are on the side of Meri, Janelle and Christine this year.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I think it's interesting that Christine's brother (Steve?) from her own mom said their house was hard, and tense, and he gets why polygamy was made illegal, but Christine grew up and thought it was a party and aspired to it.

Just now, Ms.Lulu said:

She might be getting paid based on screen time. So maybe the producers are trying to ensure she gets 20% of the money.

Is that a thing in reality TV? In scripted series, if a person is a series regular (which all of the Brown parents are on this show), screen time isn't part of the calculation.

I think it's a producer problem, though. They're reusing and reusing footage. That's not Meri's fault.

• Like 8
Just now, General Days said:

I'm glad the producers got Kody on screen saying Meri, Janelle, he, and Robyn each own 25% of that property.

Only, that is not true.  Kody and Robyn's names are on every plot of land.  

• Like 4
Just now, Adeejay said:

Only, that is not true.  Kody and Robyn's names are on every plot of land.  

Right, but Meri and Janelle are saying that while their names aren't on any plot alone, they should have each had 1/4th, and Kody confirmed that on camera. Then they have the money trail (how much they put into the family pot, versus how much they took out). It's leverage to help them get their fair share from Kody and Robyn.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

It's killing Kody that Christine and Janelle are friends. They must really be good actresses, because I've never seen any sign of this "antagonistic relationship" of which he speaks.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Like 8