Type keyword(s) to search

Fisk - General Discussion

chediavolo
  • Start Topic

A new comedy series on Netflix. It’s really good . Set in Australia. A recently fired lawyer & her  new job. I like her. Quite a few of the people around her are incredibly nasty and unfortunately, she bears the brunt of it but I really like the show so far.

• Like 4

Fast-paced comedy about high-end contracts lawyer Helen Tudor-Fisk, who is forced to take a job at a shabby, suburban law firm following a humiliating marriage breakdown and a professional fall from grace.

An Australian show from 2021; season one was recently released on Netflix (US).

_______

Sorry - I checked earlier today and there was no thread but @chediavolo snuck in there!  I'll see if I can delete the one I started or if I can get a mod to do it.

Several people on another forum recommended this one.  The first episode was borderline too cringey for me but after a couple more I'm enjoying it.

• Like 3

As an aside I hope this website gets fixed soon because it is frustrating. Trying to maneuver around , it’s slow. It blanksout and starts again not to mention that it’s so hard to find everything the way it’s set up.

• Like 3

This show nails my sense of humor and 2 episodes in, I’m really liking it, although having lost my mother not so long ago, the bit with the ashes made me a little queasy.

I had been thinking, “boy, is this a low budget show with such a small cast”, then I read because it was filmed during the pandemic, groupings of actors, etc. were purposely kept small and distant.

Glad to hear there is a season 2.

Edited by Rickster
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 1

I cannot remember the exact event, but she violated a legal no-no and got caught.

I had been thinking, “boy, is this a low budget show with such a small cast”, then I read because it was filmed during the pandemic, groupings of actors, etc. were purposely kept small and distant.

I wondered about this too and figured they didn't have enough money. But "pandemic" makes perfect sense.

The little physical bits are funny. I laughed at the visiting attorney who was always on her cell phone, rudely raising a finger to silence everyone around her. Fisk meets her head-on.

I'm dying to get the gorgeous Fisk into some colorful clothes.

• Like 2
On 8/9/2023 at 9:40 AM, pasdetrois said:

The premise of this series is kind of one-note, but I thought the episode with the sneaky thieves was funny. I bet the actors had fun with it.

My husband and I loved the first season (rare to find a series we agree on!) and burned through it in like three days. I'm disappointed the second season isn't available in the US! 

Funny though, the episode with the thieves was the one we both enjoyed the least. It just seemed too... over-the-top/slapstick/hammy? I think the same plot with the stealing done just a bit more subtly could have been hilarious. Just a matter of opinion, I guess, but I do love the show! 

Additional thoughts:

The actress who plays Roz reminds me a little of Christine from Sister Wives.

Do they ever say what the relationship between the two Grubers is?? (At one point, they clarify they're not married.) Are they brother and sister? Also, do they ever say why exactly Roz has been suspended, or are we just left to wonder?

It's been days and I still giggle randomly thinking about that promotional video with the animated doves. That, and the scene with the Sadrigals performing to "prove" that Roz hadn't violated her suspension. That was perfection. 

• Like 3
On 8/20/2023 at 8:25 PM, ladle said:

My husband and I loved the first season (rare to find a series we agree on!) and burned through it in like three days. I'm disappointed the second season isn't available in the US! 

I'm just really excited to know that there is a second season already in existence!  Yeah!  I watched this over the last few weeks and really loved it.  Very much my sense of humor.   I wonder if the second season is on dvd... maybe my library could track it down...

Roz reminded me a lot of Lauren Ash (Superstore).  Those two could play sisters easily. 

I really liked the small cast.  Someone said above it was shot during Covid, so they kept it small, but I hope they keep it that way.  It works.  I hope the kleptomaniac clients return.  Seriously, I want season 2 to just be a continuation of Season 1 and no big changes.  I love it just the way it is.

• Like 4

I binged season 2 as well - love this show. I have a question about the names - why is Roz referred to as "Mrs." Gruber - isn't that her maiden name? And why is Helen Tudor-Fisk? Shouldn't it be Fisk-Tudor? Do Australians do the opposite of Americans with this? 

On 12/24/2023 at 6:16 PM, anniebird said:

I binged season 2 as well - love this show. I have a question about the names - why is Roz referred to as "Mrs." Gruber - isn't that her maiden name? And why is Helen Tudor-Fisk? Shouldn't it be Fisk-Tudor? Do Australians do the opposite of Americans with this? 

I’d have to rewatch to catch the Gruber reference, but for Tudor-Fisk, there are British and Australian names that are inherited hyphenated family names. I’d assume that’s what’s going on here.