Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Bribery Always Works

• Start Topic

I never hated the non elimination leg more. Those 2 quit twice and still got saved?  They themselves know they don't deserve to be there. They should have gone. 

• Like 5
(edited)

That was soooooo annoying! It did make me wonder if the team that took two penalties realized that there was a good chance they would not be eliminated, since there had not been an non elimination episode so far in the race. They at least acknowledged that they should not still be there, but annoying nevertheless. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I am so annoyed that a team that quit not one but two tasks and then used the assist is still in the running. 
Was anyone else yelling “push him” when the one guy would not bani jump or was it just me?

Me . Very loudly,  quitters !

Ticked me off. I like Ty/ Kat, Tyler and his wife, and the brothers  Anwar and Ben.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Me . Very loudly,  quitters !

Ticked me off. I like Ty/ Kat, Tyler and his wife, and the brothers  Anwar and Ben.

Ben and Anwar are friends, not brothers.  

And seriously bothered by the quitters.  Quitting one was bad enough, but at least a bit understandable with the bungy, but with the second…I agree with the upthread poster…they knew they had nothing to lose.  It was either a non elimination leg and they would be saved or they were already so behind they were going home anyway.  

• Like 2

Why do people sign up for TAR if they’re afraid of heights? There has been a bungee challenge, or something similar, in every season of TAR. It’s like signing up for Survivor when you can’t swim. Why?

I’m assuming they’re going to start the next leg with a significant time penalty? And/or an extra task? 

I wonder how long teams hunted for their golf balls - 5 minutes, 15 minutes, an hour? None of them seemed especially frustrated so it couldn’t have taken too long.

And when the guy kept waffling about the bungee jumping, I thought it was unfair to the other teams waiting. I assume they could do it one at a time. If someone is nervous, there should be a timer or something saying jump within the next two minutes or you go to the back of the line. The other teams shouldn’t be losing time because of one nervous racer.

Once again, Canadian TAR makes the racers earn their keep. Was that 4 challenges in one leg?

• Like 4

As a fan of the queens, this was a disappointing episode. I feel for Jermaine discovering how little resilience his partner actually has. It was Justin who quit, both times. I could feel Jermaine's frustration and I'm impressed he didn't just start crying from it.

Interesting that Justin didn't outright apologize for it all though, at least not on camera. I would be tripping over all the sorry's I was dropping. I hope they can redeem themselves.

I don't think hate is warranted, since they haven't hurt anyone other than themselves, especially not for Jermaine. It's not like Justin's waffling ended up knocking out another team. They may have delayed some teams that could have been able to catch up to the frontrunners, but we don't know that for sure.

• Like 2

I can appreciate taking a penalty on the bungie jumping, because even if you don't think you have a fear of heights, hurling yourself off a platform with only a spongy cord attached to your legs/torso is not a plesant thought. But quitting the second task was ridiculous. A few teams seemed to suffer from lack of communication at the table challenge. If you keep getting a no from the judge, start yelling out things, like, "Which way are the forks?" "Are the cushions tied?" Etc. It's not like they couldn't speak to one another.

I can understand why Justin and Jermaine took the assist - they were trying to get to the mat to start their penalties as quickly as possible.

It's hard not to root for Ty/Kat, and you could tell that taking a coach bus was emotional for him.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

If you keep getting a no from the judge, start yelling out things, like, "Which way are the forks?" "Are the cushions tied?" Etc. It's not like they couldn't speak to one another.

It looks like Justin just shut down. I think Jermaine realized that no amount of trying to communicate was going to work, and that's why he said, let's just go.

4 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

It's hard not to root for Ty/Kat, and you could tell that taking a coach bus was emotional for him.

He's had a rough go of it for sure. That being said, I get bored when one team dominates.

• Like 3

My fear of heights is one of the things that keeps me off of TAR. I understand when Justin said that the rappelling challenge was under his control, but the bungee jumping wasn’t. I will be interesting to see how the two continue in the race. In the first few legs, they pushed to ensure they weren’t the last racers. Will they get that push back?

On the plus side, I was in Pemberton last weekend at a wedding in that very location! 

• Like 2

I believe it was Season 2, leg 2 where Rex Harrington (the dancer) and Bob Hope (no, not that one) took two penalties for 6 hours, but managed to stay in due to another team dropping out after a medical issue.

They made it to leg 7 (5 more legs) but did get eliminated.

• Useful 1
On 7/19/2023 at 3:53 AM, DEL901 said:

Ben and Anwar are friends, not brothers.  

And seriously bothered by the quitters.  Quitting one was bad enough, but at least a bit understandable with the bungy, but with the second…I agree with the upthread poster…they knew they had nothing to lose.  It was either a non elimination leg and they would be saved or they were already so behind they were going home anyway.  

Oops, thanks for letting  me know. Lets hope Justin and Jermaine have a better leg next week.

Ok, it's been enough episodes to say the Youtube Bros suck for me. It was fine when their trash talking was just to their camerapeople. But it seems like the other teams are having to listen to them during tasks as well. There was a snide comment from one of the bros (maybe Derek?) about Ty/Kat arriving to sign up for the bus and Ty's "hey!", which shows that the bros are probably rubbing people the wrong way for their blatant attitude. 

I get that Ty/Kat are a strong team to beat, but then the Youtube Bros make a snarky comment about "taking Gracie/Lily down a peg" or something along those lines, and it's like....they've gotten first once, and somehow they're the competition for Derek/Jaspal?

I felt bad for Ty when he had to get on that coach bus. I was thinking about how hard it must be for him to get on it, and then he actually voiced it.

So, Jermaine/Justin take two penalties because Justin crumbled under the pressure, they have to take a six hour penalty, but get saved because it's a non-elimination. I'm glad Jermaine voiced how he doesn't feel like they deserve to be there, but Justin absolutely has to pull it together, because taking two penalties because the pressure got to you is not really a great look. I'm going to chalk this attitude up to a bad leg, but it means in order for me to keep rooting for them (which I do want to do), there really can't be any room for error or giving up from Justin. The first sign of them crumbling and I'm probably going to root for them to leave. I already almost want to, but want to always give teams a second chance because teams can have bad legs sometimes. But the double penalty really doesn't make at least Justin look good. 

Ben/Anwar get the other express pass. I guess Ty/Kat gave up on trying to be subtle (since everyone knows they've had the express passes) but still, be more subtle, you two!

As for the challenges, they seemed relatively fine. The golf ball task seemed like it was supposed to take WAY more time but it looked like it was a lot easier than the other "needle in a haystack" tasks.

I'm glad Devon/Amanda pulled it together after a rough start.

I'm still rooting for Ty/Kat and Shayla/Joel, but also now Gracie/Lily. I think those are my top three teams. Tyler/Kayleen were a solid fourth at first, but I do predict they'll be taken out sooner because Tyler's inability to do long distance running of any kind, which will become vital, especially in the later legs but could be vital at any time. Ben/Anwar are great, so I'm also rooting for them. Neither of them have done anything too bad in terms of the challenges and they've pulled it together when they needed to. 

• Love 1