Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: For Out of the Heart Comes Evil Thoughts

• Start Topic

Threatened with blackmail, Judy turns to Amber for advice, while Jesse goads BJ into a long-simmering fight. As a despondent Kelvin tackles life without Keefe, Baby Billy works on bringing Jesse’s miracle to life… for a price.

Original air date 2023.07.16

I lost it when Uncle Baby Billy threatened to sell the hologram of Aimee-Leigh to the sex shows in Thailand unless Jesse bought his bible quiz show. Hilarious. What a bribe!

Judy was very hard to like while berating Eli - his horrible kids won't let him enjoy his retirement and her selfishness knows no bounds.

That fight between BJ and Judy's boyfriend... so much man-junk.   But hilarious.

• Like 5

I don’t know, those little girls could be traumatized.

BJ getting violent like that is out of character.

Keefe getting jealous of Tamryn is also somewhat expected.  First time we’ve seen him get cross with Kelvin?

Now Peter seems ready to show he’s after revenge, though Eli would have bailed him out of the situation with the buckets — get it, bail out with buckets?

But why would all his partners follow him other than expectations of a bIg payday?

• Like 1

Not sure what the Montgomery brothers play is.  Last week they seemed to be conspiring with their dad to blow up the Gemstones but this week they're lying to dad that they stole The Redeemer from Jesse.  Playing both sides, possibly, but to what end?

I knew that the Holo Aimee-Leigh was going to backfire with everyone not named Jesse or Baby Billy, but I was not predicting it to glitch out and get mixed with a Holo DMX that was used before!  Future of musical entertainment, ladies and gentleman!  Not sure if both Kelvin and Judy were sincere about quitting, but it seems clear that the Gemstone siblings are back at each others throats and Eli is watching his empire crumble before his eyes.  To be fair, a lot of it could be blamed over how he raised them.

Also imagine that something will come out of Jesse and Amber's fight and how unsupportive he was with her.  He seems to be isolating himself here.  At least his lackeys are back!  I love those dumbasses!

Keefe's replacement; Tamryn; is actually pretty good at her job and even Kelvin is warming up to her.  Keefe is clearly not happy, so I'm curious to see how this effects things with them.

What are the Montgomerys up too?

Judy is starting to realize that her actions have consequences and might drive away someone she actually cares for (in her own way.)

Was wondering if B.J. would go down a dark path (especially when Jesse got into his head), but I was not expecting to lead to an actual fight scene with a fully nude Stephen!  Wonder how much was real and how much was prosthetics, but credit to the actor either way.  Not sure if anything will come out of the witnesses seeing B.J. attack him (is he even recognizable to the public in anyway?), but I imagine this will escalate things.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, patty1h said:

I lost it when Uncle Baby Billy threatened to sell the hologram of Aimee-Leigh to the sex shows in Thailand unless Jesse bought his bible quiz show. Hilarious. What a bribe!

I think the epilogue of the series finale should be the Aimee-Leigh hologram on a stage in Bangkok.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 10

Aimee-Leigh glitching into DMX had me cry-laughing. Even when Baby Billy mentioned the hologram machine was used for a DMX performance, I still didn't see that coming.

11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Was wondering if B.J. would go down a dark path (especially when Jesse got into his head), but I was not expecting to lead to an actual fight scene with a fully nude Stephen!  Wonder how much was real and how much was prosthetics, but credit to the actor either way.  Not sure if anything will come out of the witnesses seeing B.J. attack him (is he even recognizable to the public in anyway?), but I imagine this will escalate things.

Tim Baltz (BJ) and Stephen Schneider (Stephen) did an interview with GQ that touched on that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Obviously Holo Aimee-Leigh was going to go horribly, but I had no idea just how bad it would go. Holo Aimee-Leigh glitching into DMX was so horribly hilarious, as was everyone's expressions as they watch in shock. Uncle Baby Billy might have finally gone too far, Eli's just about at the end of his rope. 

As much as taking advice for Jessie and his cronies is a bad idea, it was weirdly sweet that Jessie tried to help BJ in his own weird way. I fear this leading BJ down a dark path, but its the thought that counts. That's what happens when your wife cheats on you with a guy named Stephen

Poor Eli is just trying to enjoy his retirement but his kids are either running their empire into the ground or bugging him to fix their self inflicted problems. 

Tamryn is so sweet, she should be a really good assistant youth pastor, even if Keefe is basically steaming with jealousy. They just keep throwing out the weirdest vibes between them. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Obviously Holo Aimee-Leigh was going to go horribly, but I had no idea just how bad it would go. Holo Aimee-Leigh glitching into DMX was so horribly hilarious, as was everyone's expressions as they watch in shock. Uncle Baby Billy might have finally gone too far, Eli's just about at the end of his rope. 

John Goodman acted the hell out of that scene -- he played the combination of heartbreak, disbelief, and anger so well. 

• Like 6

On 7/17/2023 at 1:40 AM, patty1h said:

Not sure what the Montgomery brothers play is.  Last week they seemed to be conspiring with their dad to blow up the Gemstones but this week they're lying to dad that they stole The Redeemer from Jesse.  Playing both sides, possibly, but to what end?

My guess is that they're not intentionally playing both sides as much as conflicted. The Interlude episode seemed to show that they were both basically good kids who grew up in a very screwed up family and are now torn between two sides. Eli talked about how his sister smacked them and we saw how their dad wasn't always this way. So even if they don't really want violence they also don't want to reject their father in favor of their mom and their rich relatives who always looked down on them.

Or maybe it's all a huge con to get revenge on Eli and bring him down. Who can be sure with these writers?

• Like 1
On 7/17/2023 at 2:31 PM, Popples said:

Tim Baltz (BJ) and Stephen Schneider (Stephen) did an interview with GQ that touched on that.

That interview is great and really informative—thanks for sharing it. Stephen Schneider referring to himself as “regular to below regular” is very funny.

And I loved the editor’s note in this section: “The frontal nudity is kind of ancillary to the plot. It's there, and it might be funny, but you forget about it pretty quick I think. [Ed. note: No you don’t.]”

• Like 4
  • LOL 4