Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Flirting With Disaster

• Start Topic

New friendships are formed while strategies come to light; in the feeling famous challenge, teams must feel their way through a statue garden full of clues while blindfolded, aiming to name the objects and gain more knowledge about fellow players.

Airs July 17th.

Shayne and Monay got into the same erroneously convinced mindset as Jane/jada did last week. They read the clue of the 2 “drives” and 4 as 24. I remember seeing that Rainbow warrior DuPont paint scheme for years before it was changed to Pepsi and other minor ones. Budweiser was always Jr.

I wonder who Cole’s cheese is. We already had a Green Bay Packer last year. I didn’t see all 12 statues: I saw Karsyn’s tire, the bubba gump shrimp and dolly’s butterfly or was dolly the sheep? Lol, Shayne was definitely flirting with disaster as the title says. Cole was smart to go with the sure shot.

• Like 3
(edited)

Shayne was totally using Cole and now everyone is acting as if he was the love of her life and he betrayed her. Give me a break. And it was the right move - Shayne and Monay needed to be split up - they acted as if they owned the house - I won't miss her at all.

Edited by anniebird
  • Like 12
  • Applause 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

Cole was smart to go with the sure shot.

I agree.  The others were giving him a hard time, saying "that was cold, " etc., but what else could he do?  If he picked anyone else, he'd be gone.  Heck, for $100,000, I'd have done the same thing.

9 minutes ago, anniebird said:

Shayne was totally using Cole and now everyone is acting as if he was the love of her life and he betrayed her. Give me a break.

And even if there was a spark between the two of them, Cole still made the right decision.  It's a game and the aim of the game is to last until the end, not to enter into a showmance.  Too many players have made that mistake on Big Brother.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 10
(edited)

Gonna never stop laughing about this, but seems standard that this season, celebrities tape exit videos when relative leaves. Sounds like they just said to Tom Hanks…..we think you should sit this one out!😂

ETA: never not going to stop amusing me that ‘puppy love’ clue guy seems like a mix of master strategist & messy bitch!!!!  
wildly amused by this show!!!

Edited by pennben
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I didn’t see all 12 statues: I saw Karsyn’s tire, the bubba gump shrimp and dolly’s butterfly or was dolly the sheep?

The 12 statues were: shrimp, sheep, dragon, tire, butterfly, flamingo, planet, cheese, hamburger, eagle, Greek statue and horns. 

2 hours ago, anniebird said:

And it was the right move - Shayne and Monay needed to be split up - they acted as if they owned the house - I won't miss her at all.

I won’t miss her or her voice. Hearing her speak was like nails on a chalkboard for me. 

(edited)

We came so close to getting two wrong guesses in a row! Dang.  Although I'm glad Cole went for the sure thing. It was his only smart option. Everyone else's faux outrage and exaggerated shock is ridiculous, they all would have done the same.

It's fascinating watching them interpret clues incorrectly and then see everyone's confirmation bias kick in. Gabriel even chimed in with his story of how Jeff Gordon was so popular with his mom's friends in North Carolina because he was from there. Only Jeff Gordon is from California, lol. He moved to Indiana in high school but he never lived in the south.

1 hour ago, Dani said:

The 12 statues were: shrimp, sheep, dragon, tire, butterfly, flamingo, planet, cheese, hamburger, eagle, Greek statue and horns

So, sheep: Dolly, shrimp: Tom Hanks, tire: Dale jr, planet: Neil diGrasse Tyson, cheese: Cole, burger, Gabriel (who gave away his relative in his interview by saying it was Good Burger), and for the rest I have no clue. Which of those remaining is Eddie Murphy or Chris and Hugo's relative?

Speaking of Hugo, did anyone figure out his clue? It looks like "commander in chief who farms ??" I can't tell what those last two circle things are supposed to be. They don't look like peanuts, lol.

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

Which of those remaining is Eddie Murphy or Chris and Hugo's relative?

Eddie Murphy could be the dragon since he played Mushu in Mulan. Donny Osmond was the flamingo on Masked Singer and the eagle would make sense for Hugo. 

Speaking of Hugo, did anyone figure out his clue? It looks like "commander in chief who farms ??" I can't tell what those last two circle things are supposed to be. They don't look like peanuts, lol.

It was 🤪🤪. Commander in chief who farms nuts(?). 

Gabriel even chimed in with his story of how Jeff Gordon was so popular with his mom's friends in North Carolina because he was from there. Only Jeff Gordon is from California, lol. He moved to Indiana in high school but he never lived in the south.

He didn’t grow up there but he has spent most of his adult life living in North Carolina. He even owns a car dealership in the state. 

This is such a fun show.  I am as confused as some of the contestants when it comes to some of the clues.  Was impressed that Cole went with the sure thing-he probably wasn't as 'whipped' as Shayne thought he was (maybe she gave herself a bit too much credit).  But I really liked all of the surprised reactions when he sent her home.  

Like an above poster, I noticed that so far Tom Hanks is the only one who didn't have a video for his niece.  I'm sure that production doesn't want to be on his bad side...Carly sure made an impression on her way out.  I think the others learned from her how NOT to act when eliminated.

• Like 2

@Dani Donny Osmond was the peacock on Masked Singer; not a flamingo. However, Donny did perform at the Flamingo hotel in Vegas with Marie (I saw that show and met them backstage; fantastic show, and such nice people). So, the Flamingo would more than likely refer to Donny.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
11 hours ago, anniebird said:

Shayne was totally using Cole and now everyone is acting as if he was the love of her life and he betrayed her. Give me a break. 

In the beginning of the ep they (well, mostly Chris) were acting so affronted that Shayne would dare manipulate Cole like that and then when Cole cuts her they're all 'Wow, you're evil Cole.' Fuck outta here with that!

Chris and Karsyn seem to think people coming after them is awful and mean but when they do it obviously it's cool and just game. Classic reality tv contestants lol.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Catgyrl68 said:

@Dani Donny Osmond was the peacock on Masked Singer; not a flamingo. However, Donny did perform at the Flamingo hotel in Vegas with Marie (I saw that show and met them backstage; fantastic show, and such nice people). So, the Flamingo would more than likely refer to Donny.

Thank you. I was even picturing him in the peacock costume but still thought, “flamingo” for some reason.🙃

oh no wtf GIF by CBC

(edited)

Per google, Cole’s relative is

Spoiler

Alicia Keys.

Maybe the cheese refers to

Spoiler

her husband, Swizz Beatz?

Edited by Catgyrl68
Correct spelling is important.
  • Like 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Catgyrl68 said:

Per google, Cole’s relative is

I had to click the spoiler to see if my hunch was correct, and it was! I only guessed it due to the:

Spoiler

piano clue

But he said his clue was the cheese, and I was stumped by that. I was thinking maybe the swiss part referred to someone from Switzerland, so again, I was stumped. I think you're right about what it refers to, although I never would have gotten that. Maybe the younger people on the show might know.

Edited by pezgirl7

All this talk of Cole being shunned, etc. after him guessing Shayne is ridiculous. Every single one of them would have done the same thing if they had been in his position and not 100% sure of Karsyn's relative. He broke up Shayne and Monay -- isn't that a good thing?

It's not like on other shows where you've heard someone declare their allegiance with someone else and then totally roll on the them the first chance they get. They were flirty -- and if it can be considered strategy by Shayne, then it should be considered strategy by Cole too. 

I really enjoy this show but good grief these people are exhausting!

• Like 7

They're all just mad that Cole took their layup. 

I had a feeling when he started talking that he was going to pick Shayne. It was the smart move. Take the one you know for sure instead of the one that you think might be true. Then, we saw him overhearing Chris telling the other guys that Carsyn said Jeff Gordon was wrong, and he probably figured that Shayne and Monay were playing him the same way everyone thinks they played Jane. And he also probably figured that Shayne was likely just flirting with him to get him on her side, not because she genuinely liked him. He had to protect his own spot in the house by going for who he knew instead of acting as someone else's weapon. 

And Monay's confessional about how she and Shayne had been figuring out his clues just confirms for all of us that he did the right thing. 

Chris got a little smart and realized that he would be doing himself no favors to go running and telling anyone else whose clue he picked or what it says. But, then he lost smart points by saying that people were saying Hugo is tied to a President and not being able to figure out who that President is. If you're thinking President, and you see "farmer" on the clue, it's kind of an easy guess from there. 

At this point, I think Cole and Gabriel are my favorites. They're just kind of rolling along playing the game without acting like they're entitled to stay, or that it's so mean and unfair if someone tries to figure out who they are. 

• Like 7

@KerleyQ, those are my two faves, also! And Gabriel cracked me up when, after leading everyone to the hamburger, he realized, "Oops! I think that's my clue!" He wasn't mad, or thought the world was going to end; he thought it was funny.

• Like 8
27 minutes ago, Catgyrl68 said:

@KerleyQ, those are my two faves, also! And Gabriel cracked me up when, after leading everyone to the hamburger, he realized, "Oops! I think that's my clue!" He wasn't mad, or thought the world was going to end; he thought it was funny.

Yeah, he didn't freak out like Carly, who practically hyperventilated anytime someone even glanced at her clues. 

• Like 2