Type keyword(s) to search

Jenna Lyons: LoveSeen for Popeye

• Start Topic

From the Bravo TV site:

Jenna Lyons is the former President and Executive Creative Director of J.Crew Group and now Co-Founder and CEO of direct-to-consumer beauty brand LoveSeen. A seasoned entrepreneur, tastemaker and style icon, Jenna resides in her SoHo loft with her teenage son and loyal dog companion, Popeye. A new addition to this group, Jenna surprises even herself as she starts to let her guard down and open up about trauma from her early years. In this new chapter of her life, Jenna is learning to embrace her vulnerability and lean on her friends like never before.

Joins the cast in season 14. 

• Useful 1
On 7/26/2023 at 5:55 PM, Wicked said:

I don't know if this is her current apartment (I'd have to rewatch) but I enjoyed this video of her "prized possesions"

I enjoyed it as well.  I like that she has stuff.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Whatever happened to having taste?

BY RACHEL TASHJIAN

The Real Housewives franchise presents wealth as a uniform experience with occasional regional specialties. The ladies from one city may go shopping at a megamall, while in another they prefer browsing designer clothes outdoors. But nearly every housewife loves a sheath dress, a Gucci handbag and sitting down to lunch to resolve their differences. (It always backfires.)

The conformity of the show is what makes the presence of Jenna Lyons, who reinvented J. Crew in the 2000s with an explosive aesthetic of cubicle-bound glamour meets Prada weirdness, so intriguing. She made her debut on the series, which ran from 2008 to 2021 with many recurring cast members, in the 2023 reboot that saw the network scrap the original cast.

When her “Real Housewives of New York City” castmates arrive in the Hamptons in a black Escalade, she pulls up to the driveway in a banker blue vintage Mercedes sedan. While her castmates are content to frolic in the awkwardly oversized beige expanse of one cast member’s Hamptons home, Lyons escapes to her own Hamptons house — a 1,200-square-foot bungalow in art world enclave Amagansett that contrasts delectably with her host’s five-bed, seven-bathroom remodel. The others favor form-fitting clothes from a familiar set of designers; Lyons wears boyish blazers with no bra underneath, glittering Miu Miu button-ups, oversize glasses and funky lipstick.

Her style — not simply her clothes but her apartment, her self-presentation and even her blunt but enchanting conversational style — is so inimitable that the other housewives are left practically speechless when they first see Lyons’s closet, chockablock with Phoebe Philo-era Celine, Alessandro Michele-era Gucci, countless vintage jeans and well-loved Prada coats. In one episode, two of them descended into giggles playing dress-up in the closet — these women, we are asked to believe, are some of New York’s richest and most powerful figures, suddenly seeming like two school nerds invited to the rich and popular girl’s house.

It’s a reminder of what made Lyons’s tenure at J. Crew stand out for so many women: Jenna Lyons has taste.

The rest of the article: 

https://apple.news/ADC-4id-TQLK0B0SBfhedJA

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

Whatever happened to having taste?

BY RACHEL TASHJIAN

The Real Housewives franchise presents wealth as a uniform experience with occasional regional specialties. The ladies from one city may go shopping at a megamall, while in another they prefer browsing designer clothes outdoors. But nearly every housewife loves a sheath dress, a Gucci handbag and sitting down to lunch to resolve their differences. (It always backfires.)

The conformity of the show is what makes the presence of Jenna Lyons, who reinvented J. Crew in the 2000s with an explosive aesthetic of cubicle-bound glamour meets Prada weirdness, so intriguing. She made her debut on the series, which ran from 2008 to 2021 with many recurring cast members, in the 2023 reboot that saw the network scrap the original cast.

When her “Real Housewives of New York City” castmates arrive in the Hamptons in a black Escalade, she pulls up to the driveway in a banker blue vintage Mercedes sedan. While her castmates are content to frolic in the awkwardly oversized beige expanse of one cast member’s Hamptons home, Lyons escapes to her own Hamptons house — a 1,200-square-foot bungalow in art world enclave Amagansett that contrasts delectably with her host’s five-bed, seven-bathroom remodel. The others favor form-fitting clothes from a familiar set of designers; Lyons wears boyish blazers with no bra underneath, glittering Miu Miu button-ups, oversize glasses and funky lipstick.

Her style — not simply her clothes but her apartment, her self-presentation and even her blunt but enchanting conversational style — is so inimitable that the other housewives are left practically speechless when they first see Lyons’s closet, chockablock with Phoebe Philo-era Celine, Alessandro Michele-era Gucci, countless vintage jeans and well-loved Prada coats. In one episode, two of them descended into giggles playing dress-up in the closet — these women, we are asked to believe, are some of New York’s richest and most powerful figures, suddenly seeming like two school nerds invited to the rich and popular girl’s house.

It’s a reminder of what made Lyons’s tenure at J. Crew stand out for so many women: Jenna Lyons has taste.

The rest of the article: 

https://apple.news/ADC-4id-TQLK0B0SBfhedJA

Thank you so much for cutting and pasting most of the article. When I clicked on the link you first gave us, it wouldn’t let me read anything without subscribing. ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 3

I'm telling on myself that I wasn't sure I'd like Jenna at first based on the outfits I first saw her in (tops open all the way down, nothing underneath). I thought she might be an obnoxious exhibitionist type. I was so very wrong. She seems like one of the sweetest Housewives. I also thought someone with her looks and success would have a ton of confidence, so I was surprised she struggles a lot with confidence due to her genetic disorder. I think she's gorgeous and awesome and probably too nice to be on Bravo, but I'm enjoying learning more about her. I hope the pile-on I just saw her experience doesn't become a pattern on the show. 

Can definitely not judge a book by its cover. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2