Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: The Carson Kressley Roast: This is Your Gay Life!

• Start Topic

(edited)

So far on Season 8 of Drag Race All Stars...

RuPaul's Best Friend Race: Jessica Wild

Rupaul's Breast Friend Race: No guesses

RuPaul's Therapy Race: Alexis Michelle

RuPaul's Bodysuit Strugglebus: Kandy Muse

Meanwhile, a deranged Katya oozes into the workroom like a pandemic fever dream, and an unwelcome vanity appearance by some total rando at the end of the Roast stops the comedic momentum of the queens who are actually competing on the show. And, in a shocking elimination completely predictable turn of events, the lipsynch winner pulls out the loser's lipstick from her crotch! I know that was supposed to be sad, and all, but I couldn't stop cackling through it.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • LOL 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, littlebennysmom said:

Silky has now lost any lipsync assassin titles she may have previously held.

...just for that HIDEOUS bodysuit!

Seriously though, I don't think that any of the other remaining queens could have matched the manic energy of "Freak-a-Zoid". If you're going to make it a lipsynch song, that was about the only way you could perform it, although Silky gave it a go. 

Note to the PA who chose "Freak-a-Zoid": if you want vocoder, please give us "Operator" or "Let's Groove" or "(Finger on the Trigger) Love is in Control" next time.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 3
(edited)

The only people I really want to see dance to Freakazoid are: drunk people at weddings, and people with serious breakdance/ pop & lock skills (preferably wearing track suits, bucket hats, and zany zappers). So, I guess this song got the drag performance it deserved. I can't say I didn't laugh.

Glad to see Thom Filicia. He was the most impressive of the original Queer Eye guys. His rooms were great and fit the straight guy's taste.

Jimbo was the only one going for the raunchiness of a real roast. Like Jimbo, you felt it could go really wrong at any moment, which is part of the appeal of the format. Jessica's set was cute and funny. The others were sort of middle of the road.

I'm glad to see the end of the tear-any of Alexis Michelle. Seeing her go.. [sniff] was the hard... hardest thing [dabs eyes].. I've ever had to do.   And I AM joking, bitch!

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Like 7
  • LOL 4

I still wish we'd gotten to the end of the season with Heidi at the top.

Her unplanned departure means there's an extra episode right? So should we assume next week is a mulligan (non-elimination ep) leading into the finale with 3 queens? Or will they have it be a two-person faceoff for the first time ever?

• Like 2

Jessica and Jimbo were clearly the funniest, sharpest queens in the roast.  The way Alexis painted her face on the runway reminded me so strongly of Morgan Mcmichaels.  But Jessica's ski outfit was hot, and Jimbo's snowbird was genius.  Kandy's ill-fitting bathing suit was terrible, she absolutely deserved the bottom.  Jessica, as the top 2, should never have been up for elimination here, that's B.S.  I'm glad Jessica didn't get 2 votes, even if I wish Kandy was the one going home instead of Alexis.

I gasped when Jimbo came skipping out in that insane clown lipsync outfit. She was hilarious, but it's too bad Katya wasn't the assassin since she was already on set... Honestly at this point I'd be thrilled with either Jessica or Jimbo taking home this crown. Is next week the finale?  It would be an interesting choice to end with a makeover/drag family resemblance challenge...

• Like 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, Glade said:

Jimbo's snowbird was genius.  

I saw it a as a callback (and elevation of) the "Snow Queen" look on Canada S1 when she was eliminated.

gasped when Jimbo came skipping out in that insane clown lipsync outfit. She was hilarious, but it's too bad Katya wasn't the assassin since she was already on set...

An amazing idea, but only if the lipsynch was a spoken word piece to "The Same Parts". Featuring deli meats!

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 2
22 hours ago, littlebennysmom said:

Silky has now lost any lipsync assassin titles she may have previously held.

Silky is already selling t-shirts featuring this iconic lip sync.  If she is going to lose to Jimbo on a lip sync, she is going to earn some coin!!

• Like 1

One of them is devoted to the Fame Games, so really it's one more plus the finale.

I'm betting there will be a surprise save ("Kandy, I'm not ready for you to go!") and it will be a 3-person finale. Although what a gag it would be if Kandy wins next week and eliminates Jimbo. If that happens, Jessica better win.

• Mind Blown 1
6 hours ago, Starchild said:

One of them is devoted to the Fame Games, so really it's one more plus the finale.

I'm betting there will be a surprise save ("Kandy, I'm not ready for you to go!") and it will be a 3-person finale. Although what a gag it would be if Kandy wins next week and eliminates Jimbo. If that happens, Jessica better win.

I am counting on the hope that Kandy isn't going to win a challenge, unless it is producer riggory. (Gigantic wire hangers and a catchy verse won her her only win this season and it still was debatable.)  It would be criminal at this point to send either Jimbo or Jessica home.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I caught myself liking Kandy a couple of times this episode... There was one point where she burst into real laughter during I think it was Jessica's roast. Still struggling to see what Ru sees in her, but perhaps it is just that "bulldog in lipstick", giant Kewpie doll thing.

Thought Jessica would be in the top two, not slung into the bottom three, but mercifully she's still there. Jimbo was amazing. So glad she finally got a win, and pulling out that mad character for that lip sync was perfect. Thought Ru was going to pop her wig off laughing.

• Like 3

Lordy was that lip sync insane. LOL I didn't know I needed to see Jimbo in a tight plastic-y white one piece with pregnancy belly & large butt until she skipped out wearing it. Silky didn't stand a chance. And unzipping the belly to retrieve & then toss lunchmeat at people & THEN remove the lipstick she chose from the belly w/an insane grin?!? God bless u, Jimbo. 

The roast was fine. I liked all the runways w/the exception of the one that came out wearing what looked like an old timey hospital's version of a white menstruation belt constructed w/whatever was found in a junk drawer.

I heart Thom so I'm always happy to see him! Katya is always a welcome sight too. I'm still rooting for a Jessica or Jimbo win. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

... LOL I didn't know I needed to see Jimbo in a tight plastic-y white one piece with pregnancy belly & large butt until she skipped out wearing it. Silky didn't stand a chance. And unzipping the belly to retrieve & then toss lunchmeat at people...

Lol I take it you didn't watch UK Vs The World?? It was still funny the second time around nevertheless. This episode really was Jimbo's Greatest Hits. 

When Jimbo pointed at Silky and cried "It's Shea Coulee," using her cute little ghost clown voice, I thought I'd die laughing. 

Yes and I think Kandy said "It's Violet Chachki" ! Hilarious

Edited by Wonderlad71
(edited)
8 hours ago, Wonderlad71 said:

Lol I take it you didn't watch UK Vs The World?? It was still funny the second time around nevertheless. This episode really was Jimbo's Greatest Hits

A number of people have complained about the lack of freshness in seeing Jimbo reprise a) Joan Rivers and b) the Baloney Ghost in the same episode (along with with a Canada S1 Rudemption runway). I think that they're missing the point that Jimbo carefully collated some of her most memorable "international" Drag Race moments in one shot to sell herself to the biggest (American) audience she'll ever likely have -- at least on Drag Race. She's exploited the show as much as it used her, and that's, well, unique.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

LOL I take it you didn't watch UK Vs The World?? It was still funny the second time around nevertheless. This episode really was Jimbo's Greatest Hits.

I have not seen that show yet, I'm actually pleased I saw her wear that outfit for the first time here, it added more of a "WTF am I seeing" aspect to that lip sync. LOL

• Like 3
  • LOL 1