Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: For Their Nakedness Is Your Own Nakedness

• Start Topic

Uncle Baby Billy is back!!!  I missed that slimy, good for almost nothing bastard that I still can't help but to love.  The power of Walton Goggins is strong, y'all!  I love that he actually has a good thing going at Zion; complete with a fancy hotel room, unlimited drinks, and gorgeous scenery; but he just can't help but to feel unsatisfied since he's "only" performing at the hotel and not worldwide.  That fits in line with the character, honestly.  His ego and need to be loved by all prevents him from seeing the positives he has going for him at the moment.  That said, I would watch the hell out of his Family Feud knock-off!!  Can't wait to see what kind of insanity he has in store for us this season!

Great seeing Tiffany again as well and she continues to steal scenes.  It's just refreshing seeing someone who might be completely dim, but generally seems to want to be kind to everyone around her.  Liked seeing the brief exchange between her and Judy, and remembering how much they've bonded now.  Might be Judy's healthiest relationship ever.

"Cousins Night" started out as crazy as I figured it would be, but the ending was surprisingly sweet.  Don't see it lasting long though.

Keefe's got some fire dancing skills!  Everyone's reactions to that reveal was on point for each character!

Still curious to see what went down with Eli, May-May, and Aimee-Leigh.  There is clearly a lot of history there and some bad feelings, but it is obvious that they do still love one another in some form.

Gideon didn't have much to do here, but I'm guessing that brief clip of him starting to read Eli's book is going to lead to something.

You just know that the monster truck will be making a return at some point!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Love seeing Uncle Baby Billy again! He's such a scumbag but I just love watching him and his petty schemes. Even now, with a nice gig at the resort, he's still living in the imaginary world where he's a world famous superstar who can do way better than playing poolside at a Christian resort. His imagine spot of everyone singing along with him and hanging onto his every note was pretty much how he sees the world, he's a superstar that's being held back by the haters, be it his audience or his family. His bible themed Family Feud looks awful but I would absolutely watch.

Cousins Night, like most things with the Gemstone siblings, went as poorly as you would think it would, but things actually ended on a sweet note. Probably not to last, but its something. 

I know that Kelvin and Keef's actual relationship is always up for debate, but this week they really seemed to be playing it up, especially when Kelvin was trying to describe their relation. "Your my best cousin guy!"

I really want to know what went down with Eli, Aimee-Leigh, and May-May.

• Like 5
(edited)

This episode had some of the best visuals ever.  A reprise of the Smutbusters van (how I want to buy this van from the producers and drive it around my town for laughs!), The Redeemer monster truck, Baby Billy with whatever that thing was on his back (wings? halo? seashell?), the "Billy's Bible Bonkers" presentation and game show set, Richard Dawson on an old Family Feud from the 80s (Game Show Channel?), Keefe's fire dance, The System box, the huge wall reliefs behind the three Gemstones while they sat on their thrones, and of course, the nude portrait of BJ and Judy in their living room.  A feast for the eyes!

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Keefe's got some fire dancing skills!  Everyone's reactions to that reveal was on point for each character!

The reactions were my favourite part of the episode!

Of course Judy & BJ have a nude portrait of themselves above their mantle. 

Uncle Baby Billy's skeeviness continues to entertain. I like that he & Tiffany are still solid.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, raeb23 said:

The reactions were my favourite part of the episode!

Of course Judy & BJ have a nude portrait of themselves above their mantle. 

Uncle Baby Billy's skeeviness continues to entertain. I like that he & Tiffany are still solid.

This is the best visual joke that this show's ever done. It's beyond funny. For no reason NJ's dick is fully visible, Judy still hasn't "shaved her bush" like she wanted to in Season 1 (to surf faster, duh), but the absolute best thing about it is that it's in their living room. So guests HAVE to look at it. Fucking genius. 

• Love 1

Gemstones are grifters and they bicker all the time yet they have some familial impulses and solidarity?

Montgomerys were depicted as people that the rich Gemstones looked down upon but Eli and then the kids didn't turn their back on them.

Trying to remember, have we seen any of them pray when they weren't in front of an audience at their sermons, which are obviously entertainment vehicles for making money?

36 minutes ago, aghst said:

Gemstones are grifters and they bicker all the time yet they have some familial impulses and solidarity?

Montgomerys were depicted as people that the rich Gemstones looked down upon but Eli and then the kids didn't turn their back on them.

Trying to remember, have we seen any of them pray when they weren't in front of an audience at their sermons, which are obviously entertainment vehicles for making money?

Kelvin prayed fervently for his father to recover, that's the first one I came up with. I feel like Jesse has too, but it was for something stupid and featured the f word.

On 6/25/2023 at 8:31 PM, thuganomics85 said:

The power of Walton Goggins is strong, y'all!  I love that he actually has a good thing going at Zion; complete with a fancy hotel room, unlimited drinks, and gorgeous scenery; but he just can't help but to feel unsatisfied since he's "only" performing at the hotel and not worldwide.  That fits in line with the character, honestly.  His ego and need to be loved by all prevents him from seeing the positives he has going for him at the moment.  That said, I would watch the hell out of his Family Feud knock-off!!  Can't wait to see what kind of insanity he has in store for us this season!

Right? I want him to take a minute and realize that this is still better than those gigs he was doing at the mall. It's cheesy but their suite is nice and they get to hit uo a beautiful beach whenever they want. I see it as a win. Yes, too about Baby Billy Family Feud. It would be hilarious if Goggins could host an episode in character to promote the show. I would watch the hell out of that.

My favorite moment in this episode was getting my weekly reminder of how insane and immature Judy is. Lol her outburst about the cousins? "We. Don't. LIKE THEM!!" Edi is so hilarious in this role. Just completely unhinged every week. Love it.

• Like 1