Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Qualifiers 3

• Start Topic

I dislike Grant’s beard…and the lumberjack look has been out for a while. 

On the other hand, I’m so sick of all the kids that I’m glad Grant is ,o ing forward. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Jody Avila clears the course. Lasso Launch is back this week, along with the googly eyes on the “cows.”

Hey, Daniel Gil is back! Looks like he got his shot this season.

ETA: Sam Sann got WWWA. Nice to see him still running.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

Akbar freaked out over Gary Weiland clearing the balance obstacle with a prothesis. It took him some ti e while clinging to the log, but he figured it out. And now the hazmat team has to clean Akbar off. Helluva run.

• Like 2
(edited)

Daniel Gil cleared the course and Mega Wall for the $10K. I’m thinking most of it will go to preserve his hair and his wife’s eyelashes.

ETA: Holy shit, Gary just qualified for the semis. Some credit goes to his opponent for not taking his time. Still awesome, though.

Did anyone see see Natalie Duran in the crowd? Or did I imagine that?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

ETA: Sam Sann got WWWA. Nice to see him still running.

I totally missed him! I did see him on the sidelines for one of the teen girls, right?

I also missed Daniel do the Mega Wall. He was at the top of the regular wall, I looked away, and next thing I knew he was at the top of the Mega.

Happy for Daniel, Jody Avila, and Grant McCartney.  Great to see Sam Sann again and Ian Dory, however briefly.  It almost felt like old times again. 

The rest of the episode was super forgettable and boring.  I don't like the race at the end.  The results should just stand.  I didn't mind the Power Tower, because it didn't mess with the people who got in.  

Also, I'm happy for Sandy Zimmerman, but we don't need to hear that she was the first mom up the Warped Wall Every. Single. Time.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Daniel Gil cleared the course and Mega Wall for the $10K. I’m thinking most of it will go to preserve his hair and his wife’s eyelashes.

ETA: Holy shit, Gary just qualified for the semis. Some credit goes to his opponent for not taking his time. Still awesome, though.

Did anyone see see Natalie Duran in the crowd? Or did I imagine that?

I saw Natalie Duran too.  

I know a lot of people don't like Daniel Gil for reasons I don't understand.  He's been one of my favorites (along with Joe Moravsky and Travis Rosen) ever since he blew everyone away in his first season.  I have no interest in his faith-based activities but he seems like a nice, decent person and he's certainly a great Ninja.

• Like 1

I don't like the race at the end. 

If there was a single good race so far, I missed it.  P**A would complain that players are falling almost before they leave the starting gate. One person races leave me wondering why?  I sort of expected there would be more of the race off, not just the two almost in guys or gals.

Speaking of guys: I am not a Daniel Gill fan, his hair bothers me and his little protégé , The kid, may have been or become the reason that the place is crawling with teenagers. 

That said, Mr. Gill looked really fine in his tight fitting shirt.  Lots of other guys looked buff, but IMO that tight knit made him look as if he had been sculpted in ancient Rome from fine Carerra marble.  

Back to reality: the guy with the prosthetic lower leg made me smile a lot, a whole lot, in a most wholesome way/

• Like 2
14 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Back to reality: the guy with the prosthetic lower leg made me smile a lot, a whole lot, in a most wholesome way/

This is the only show where, once in a while, sitting by myself in my living room, I break out in applause or shout "Awwww!".  His run made me do both, 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I was really glad to see the veterans make it as I'm terrible with the names of the younger competitors.  I didn't see the Sam Sann WWWA and may have to see the episode again.

I did see Nate Hansen/Eskimo Ninja and wonder if he's competing this year.

• Like 1
On 6/12/2023 at 8:51 PM, Lantern7 said:

After he tithes to his church, of course.  I'd like to see the receipts, please.

• Like 2