Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/5/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

I am confused. Whoopee and the View ladies keep talking about the writer’s strike and how they are now having to write their own blue cards. I thought this show was THEIR views, not some writers’ views. I understand that staff may have helped gather some facts for them, but it never occurred to me that they were given more than that before the actual discussions. This isn’t a scripted sit-com. What am I missing?  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yeah, today Sunny was as bad as Meghan has ever been and that's saying something.  As others here have said, I'm a democrat, but I really like Alyssa.  She presents her point of view in a civil and calm manner and I enjoy hearing her take on things.  I feel bad for her having to put up with Sunny's snide smirking remarks.  If it wasn't obvious before that Sunny dislikes her, it certainly is now.  

I disagree with Alyssa about a lot of things but she presents her views in a way that I will listen to her.  And afterwards think yeah she is wrong.  LOL  But she does seem like a nice person and she doesn't have that my team must win no matter what mentality Meghan had.  But Sunny just does not like Alyssa at all.  And I get it.  She worked for the Trump administration.  But Alyssa has repeatedly said she thought a lot of what happened was horrible and she won't vote for him again.

Ever since Alyssa has joined the View you can tell she really wants to be accepted and friends with the other cohosts.  They will be talking about something and Alyssa will say something about doing something with one of them and she is ignored.  Once they were talking about Sunny and I think it was an ex or someone she didn't like and Alyssa said something like are we going to  have to take a drive (to this person's house).  I thought it was funny but everyone ignored it.  

Sunny sat next to Meghan who treated her so poorly.  Including leaking stories to the media to try to make Sunny look bad.  But Sunny put on a smile and got along with her.  But she is never going to be friendly with Alyssa.

• Like 13
(edited)

Poor Alyssa. She’s surprised and disappointed that Pence waffled in his town hall?  Has she ever met him?

Hope you all in the east and Midwest are doing ok with the smoke in the air. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I am confused. Whoopee and the View ladies keep talking about the writer’s strike and how they are now having to write their own blue cards. I thought this show was THEIR views, not some writers’ views. I understand that staff may have helped gather some facts for them, but it never occurred to me that they were given more than that before the actual discussions. This isn’t a scripted sit-com. What am I missing?  

I guess the writers would write all the introductions of guests/segments, background histories, possible questions for the hosts to ask, legal notes, special month presentations (Black History Month), etc., i.e. all the stuff that was on the teleprompter and/or cards.  It looks like now the producers or whoever just jot something down on the cards for Whoopi to read.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 5

Smoke and masks - I didn't understand why Whoopi (or anyone else) thinks that whether anyone on TV denies being affected by the smoke would influence those of us who are. IMO if the smoke doesn't bother you, good for you - I know that my breathing gets worse and I'll do whatever I can to mitigate it. It's like people who say they aren't bothered by the cold or the heat - again, good for you, but I'll take the steps I need to be comfortable because I'm not completely ruled by peer pressure or TV opinions. 

My thought was - I hope everyone hung onto their masks! Perfect opportunity to use them!

7 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

But she is never going to be friendly with Alyssa.

The thing is, she has been friendly. It didn't happen right away. But there have been many occasions where they acted friendly towards each other.  I don't know what Wednesday was all about.  Whatever it was, I hated it. I watch The View for the informative discussions, the camaraderie and the laughs. I hate seeing people being unnecessarily meant to each other. That's not my thing. I haven't felt this way about the show since Ms. McCain left.  I won't be watching today and may not watch next week. I need a break from the chaos.  

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, A.J. said:

The thing is, she has been friendly. It didn't happen right away. But there have been many occasions where they acted friendly towards each other.  I don't know what Wednesday was all about.  Whatever it was, I hated it. I watch The View for the informative discussions, the camaraderie and the laughs. I hate seeing people being unnecessarily meant to each other. That's not my thing. I haven't felt this way about the show since Ms. McCain left.  I won't be watching today and may not watch next week. I need a break from the chaos.  

i was expecting there to be some kind of comment from Whoopi when the show started, maybe just something like - we hope to have a more peaceful day today - something to acknowledge how bad yesterday was.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Guys, please keep the politics discussion to what happened on the show. As a reminder, statements of where you're leaning constitute personal politics and descriptors like "liberal", "Republican" or "Democrat" are also only permitted if they relate to the contents of an episode.

For anyone who needs a refresher, here's a link to our Politics Policy .

• Applause 1

We seem to have an abundance of here what could be lacking on The View tomorrow. Whoopi likely left the studio before the Friday taping and Joy is out sick. Whose turn do you think it will be tomorrow? Sara again?

(edited)

I wonder if Joy was out because of the air quality.  Maybe didn't want to risk respiratory problems?

It's too bad Fridays are pretaped.

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

It's too bad Fridays are pretaped.

I had forgotten they pre tape Fridays now and when I realized I thought damnit today's show won't be as exciting as I thought it would be.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I wonder if Joy was out because of the air quality.  Maybe didn't want to risk respiratory problems?

I thought the same thing.  Honestly Whoopi with her history of pneumonia shouldn't be out either.

• Like 2

Ana: "Drag queens don't even like kids!" (because they can't buy drinks, etc.) - So why is she so passionately against restrictions on drag queen story times, etc.? If it wasn't early in the morning, I'd be tempted to do a drinking game for every time she mentions drag queens. 

I wonder how Whoopi would respond if her rant about parental rights was given by parents who didn't agree with her about the gender issues (puberty blockers, etc.).  Surprisingly, lots of parents object to having other people's opinions, beliefs, and perspectives presented to their children (especially the grade school kids) without the parents having any input. 

23 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I wonder how Whoopi would respond if her rant about parental rights was given by parents who didn't agree with her about the gender issues (puberty blockers, etc.).  Surprisingly, lots of parents object to having other people's opinions, beliefs, and perspectives presented to their children (especially the grade school kids) without the parents having any input. 

I think you missed the point which was that it should be up to the parents of any & all kids whatever their point of view is, not some politician wanting to score points or get media coverage for themselves which is what is happening now.  

• Like 14
1 hour ago, Shrek said:

I think you missed the point which was that it should be up to the parents of any & all kids whatever their point of view is, not some politician wanting to score points or get media coverage for themselves which is what is happening now.  

Perhaps I didn't express myself very well. My point is that the same arguments Whoopi gave to said politicians could also be given in response to those developing school curriculums and other kid-oriented programs which include content that parents haven't had an input into. I wondered if she then would be consistent in her stance that parents should have more control over what their children learn and participate in. 

• Sad 1

I think she would say “if you don’t want your kid to do it, don’t do it, but don’t tell me what my kid can or cannot do.”  Just as she said WRT books. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

That's what I thought when she wasn't there yesterday. A shame though.

So she is moderating today (pre-recorded)?

40 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That's what I thought when she wasn't there yesterday. A shame though.

So she is moderating today (pre-recorded)?

Whoopie moderated today.