Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 (Chris) Anticipation Thread

• Start Topic

OnceSane, on 04 Jan 2015 - 1:24 PM, said:

YOPO= You Only Paradise Once. The acronym came from Bachelor in Paradise as a play on YOLO (You Only Live Once). I can't remember if they said it during the show or if someone in the forum thought it up.

The BiP contestants yelled "YOPO!" (a la "Cheers!") every time they did a shot...which was OFTEN! ;-)

The first episode, tonight, is 3 hours long??  Now, I love me some trashy TV, but that seems a bit much.  I don't know if I can deal with it for that long!

My cable app says the 3 hour premiere is starring Chris Harrison and Jimmy Kimmel, so maybe it's the normal 2-hour premiere with a Jimmy Kimmel special tacked on?

I predict that at least 10 women will think they are "madly in love with" Chris on the first night. It is too soon to be the Stockholm Syndrome, but there must be -some- name for it!

My mom & I refer to it as PLS.....Premature Love Syndrome.

• Love 3

Didn't Melissa Rykroft also get a tv job out of this?

She was on DWTS, plus I think she did some hosting on DWTS after her dance days were finished. I sort of remember her dancing with Tony.

In any case, everyone on the show gets 1. paid  2. trips to exotic cities (or to Harford, Conn.!)  3. tv exposure   which can give them "fame" for the back home pick ups/dating scene besides becoming part of the *cough* Bachelor Family.

I think it's pretty odd that someone would come on this show to REALLY find "love." Not that I don't find the ride fun, and the snark here even more fun.

• Love 1

My mom & I refer to it as PLS.....Premature Love Syndrome.

That's great! How many of us have friends (or are that person) who thinks after one date that they think they've found "the one"? I'm sure the majority of the girls/women who go on this show are already CONVINCED that they will be engaged to their soul mate at the end of the journey, hence the tears on night one. I mean think about how Sharlene (that's her name, right--the opera singer on Juan Pabolo's season?) was the anomoly because she dared to question that she didn't KNOW him well enough to have any feelings yet. She was practically raked over the coals because she's SUPPOSED TO love Juan Pablo, so how could she not?!? It really is a crazy dynamic. Think about the 1-2 people each season who admit that they're not feeling it. They are automatically branded with a scarlet WR (wrong reasons) and shunned by the other contestants! It's like you are EXPECTED to enter the show "in love" with the lead--which is probably why they recycle the contestants. When they used to cast new leads based on good looks and a fabulous/theme job, it would take longer for the contestants to get to know them and feel the "love." But by casting a "fan favorite" as the lead, the contestants go in already thinking they "know" everything they need to to be "in love" before they even arrive at the mansion. This is the 19th season? I think I would have been pragmatic like Sharlene with every lead they've ever had. However, I have to admit, if I were single and went on, say, a season featuring Marquel, I could see myself gushing, "Oh, my god! Marquel is the most perfect man ever, and I'm going to marry him and have his babies!" And they very clearly know to find the contestants who will say, "Oh, my god! Chris is the most perfect man ever, and I'm going to marry him and have his babies!"

• Love 3

Melissa started her reality show "career" back in 2006 on "Making the Team", a show that details each years selection of the Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders. She made it, but only lasted on the squad a year.  She came back this past season to help mentor the new hopefuls.  She also co-hosted with Chris Harrison on the 1st season of Bachelor pad.  She's done well, but now has 2 kids so I think she's slowed down a bit. 

Think about the 1-2 people each season who admit that they're not feeling it. They are automatically branded with a scarlet WR (wrong reasons) and shunned by the other contestants! It's like you are EXPECTED to enter the show "in love" with the lead--which is probably why they recycle the contestants. When they used to cast new leads based on good looks and a fabulous/theme job, it would take longer for the contestants to get to know them and feel the "love." But by casting a "fan favorite" as the lead, the contestants go in already thinking they "know" everything they need to to be "in love" before they even arrive at the mansion.

Not to mention, if the contestants don't tell The Bach/Bach-ette he/she is IN LOVE! with that person around Fantasy Suite time, that person gets sent home pronto. Adios, people who will not profess true love after two dates!

It's my thought that Chris was becoming a fan favorite early on in Andi's season, so she was told to keep him around. Remember how his home town was "her favorite" of all the visits? They played some stupid hide-and-seek around the grain bins. Not my idea of a good time, and I have grain bins for neighbors. And her letting him go before FS was so he'd stay "pure" for his own season. We all knew here he was going to be the next Bach.

I only have network/antenna tv so miss a lot of these people who go on to "become famous." *cough*

What's up with this show being on opposite Celebrity Apprentice AND Sleepy Hollow? Networks, you are screwing with my Monday nights!

Edited by saber5055

I think they'll like Chris more than Juan Pablo, because no one bloody liked Juan Pablo. He was too blunt for a lot of people (And I can get that - I'm Hispanic and believe me, we have no filter) and threw them off.

I think they'll like Chris more than Juan Pablo, because no one bloody liked Juan Pablo. He was too blunt for a lot of people (And I can get that - I'm Hispanic and believe me, we have no filter) and threw them off.

I have never seen anyone treated so badly by the show than Juan Pablo and it was embarrassing tonight watching Chris throwing shit at him again and trying to get Nikki to demean him. Good for her for sweetly throwing it back at Chris.

I have never seen anyone treated so badly by the show than Juan Pablo and it was embarrassing tonight watching Chris throwing shit at him again and trying to get Nikki to demean him. Good for her for sweetly throwing it back at Chris.

I disagree completely. Juan Pablo was very direspectful towards the production of the show, the show itself and the audience who watched the show. He liked it when the production was paying all of his expenses, his food, the hotels he was staying in, his trips etc but he declined to fulfill his obligations which were to have no private life during the show. The idea of the show is to watch people dating, falling in love, breaking up, having conversations, fights, relationships. This is what he signed up for and he refused to complete it. He was rude and he should be treated even worse by both the audience (which ultimately is the final judge) and the production. Juan Pablo fooled us all by pretending to be this loyal and loving father figure who is "ready to get married" while he wasonly a jerk wanting to hook up with the ladies he liked while insulting the rest. It's not being a Latino or anything, it's about his character. the comment towards Claire inside the helicopter ("I don't know much about you but I surely know I want to f%ck you" or something like this) revealed his true colors and he should be ashamed. I feel sorry for the example he gave to his daughter.

• Love 2

I'm anticipating Chris will save the last rose to give to his personality. Apparently, it wasn't there for the right reasons and it was lost somewhere along the way. The guy is boring. He just is. He has zero depth to him.

• Love 2