Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Lift/Drag

• Start Topic

Manifest_S4_E18_00_34_02_15.jpg
The passengers race to solve their Callings as Saanvi tests a theory on the patients. Eagan makes a surprising move. Michaela confronts hard truths.

Premiere Date: June 2, 2023     Netflix   
Manifest_S4_E18_00_29_47_04.jpg

It is now May 31, 2024 -- 2 days before the death date.

How has Drea not had her baby yet ?  She was pregnant and about to text Jared he was going to be a father, then 8 months went by, and then another month has gone by.

Lab tech Troy is back and working with Saanvi in Dr. Gupta's lab -- working to somehow stop a volcano.

Cal, Jared, Michaela and Vance apparently are hanging out in the detention center on a regular basis since they breached the wall.

The security team keeping watch on the outside of the detention center is really bad at its job -- not to notice all the activity in the building next door where all the 828ers are coming and going as teams investigating callings.  Plus all supplies coming in -- food is no longer an issue, heck they even brought in Ben's 828er wall.

There are way too many Zeke flashbacks in these final episodes.

Cal/Gabriel, Vance, and Ben follow a calling that leads them to a building where Saanvi and Troy are escaping from.  Troy sacrifices his freedom so Saanvi can escape.

During a loyalty ceremony, Eagen proposes to Angelina -- and she accepts.  I knew it, there's going to be crazy wedding !!!

Saanvi tries an EMP to jolt the ALNI patients out of their callings -- but nothing happens ... initially.  But eventually the ALNI patients start to wake up.

Angelina and Eagen get hitched.  As they are celebrating on the couch in the Stone house, 828er Adrian shows up at the door.

Cal has the sads because lost his access to the callings, kind of.  He can get to the plane, but doesn't see any callings specific to other 828ers.

Ben and Saanvi hook up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Viewers have been wanting Ben and Saanvi to hook up since the first season.
And it's been obvious this whole second half of this season that it was heading there. 
But wasn't there a season in which Saanvi was gay??
Or maybe she just said that to not hurt Troy's feelings?

Wow. I know from my younger years that guys tend to have single-minded patterns in their manner of hooking up, but Jared's is the worst.
His next gf should be an OG Mormon sister wife.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I think she was supposed to meet her girlfriend in Jamaica- and her girlfriend never showed up?  

I guess she was...Scared Straight.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
15 hours ago, cdnalor said:

I guess she was...Scared Straight.

I was under the impression that she was bi but gravitated more towards women especially for longer-term relationship.  Although that is more speculation on my part.

I think a lot of the Ben connection was more intellectual and as friends with some physical attraction and their tryst was just that bubbling under the surface at a time when they were feeling vulnerable after being under duress for a long period.

• Like 1

Is Eagan possessed or hypnotized or something? He didn't seem to want to be marrying Angelina.

Where were Olive and Eden? Do they have budget cuts or something and can't have every actor in every episode? Because I have to say, two days to the end of the world I don't see Olive just not staying with Cal and trying to help.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

Is Eagan possessed or hypnotized or something? He didn't seem to want to be marrying Angelina.

Eagan was marrying Angelina because she had determined that one person had to culled from her tribe, and Eagan didn’t want to be that one culled person. 

• Like 4
On 6/7/2023 at 6:15 PM, KaveDweller said:

Where were Olive and Eden? Do they have budget cuts or something and can't have every actor in every episode? Because I have to say, two days to the end of the world I don't see Olive just not staying with Cal and trying to help.

Yeah, every episode has had certain key people missing.  They explained away Olive's absence in a one-liner in this one.  I too suspect it's something to do with budget cuts, or the writers don't know how to balance so many characters. 

But some people had way too much unnecessary screentime in this one.  Didn't Michaela already deal with the guilt over her friend several seasons ago?  By this point, Zeke flashbacks don't add anything.

I'm glad Astrid survived.  I wanted to see her reaction to finding out she was being poisoned.  I'd rather have seen that.  Heck, I'd rather have seen TJ and the co-captain's visit to the cricket park, or the flight attendant's Callings adventure.

So for half this season, they moved at a glacial pace.  But last episode was preceded by a 10 month jump and this one by another 1 month jump.  

They were "solving" Callings this past month through Cal, but made no difference.  Saanvi was torn away for 10 months where she basically did nothing, and now a Calling has brought her back.  Is this running around in circles or what?

Just what I wanted to watch.  Wedding of the Bride of Frankenstein.

At the end of the day, I think the mythology is just window dressing for soap opera relationship stuff.  Ben and Saanvi were a great team, but they have to get them to sleep together.  3 episodes 'til the end, and that is soooo important to include.  Saanvi and that lab tech guy would have been way more satisfying.

• Like 1