Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E22: Black Sky

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

This was fine up until the end with the Torres family drama which I figured was coming up when he immediately had to call his sister after he got back to HQ.  Moody Torres is not a good storyline for this show.

• Like 7

Now we know what happened to Dmitri from Madame Secretary.   He went to prison where he shank's his oligarch leader's son in a surprise twist to a terror plot!

I'm never a fan of a Torres focused plot, but I did appreciate Kasie's hustle and Palmer's exasperated "Troubled, Kasie.  The word is troubled."

• Like 8
3 hours ago, twoods said:

I was nervous they would kill off Torres since isn’t Wilmer on another show as well? These undercover episodes make me way too nervous.

He's supposed to be doing a remake of Zorro which I thought would start last year...

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

The moment Yuri mentioned his sister I knew that's where the plot was heading but to my shame I did not make the connection to  manic pixie terrorist girl.

So the cliffhanger is not whether Torres will survive his prison stint but whether he will give in to the dark side. Not sure I really care that much.

• Like 9

The commercial break after Yuri mentions his sister, I turned to my husband and said the red head? He said, yeah could be. 

I agree with everyone who said these undercover eps make them nervous. I buried myself in my phone every time a prison scene came on. 

Plot hole of what would happen when the real lawyer got there.

Thought Torres would work on that kid's case to get him out of prison. Not do something stupid and go back to prison.

• Like 5

Was the man in the final scene with Torres the same man who was on the phone with the young convict? Did Torres recognize him as the person who molested/mistreated him and his sister when they were children?

(Am I making to many jumps of logic/illogic??)

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, MDL said:

Was the man in the final scene with Torres the same man who was on the phone with the young convict? Did Torres recognize him as the person who molested/mistreated him and his sister when they were children?

(Am I making to many jumps of logic/illogic??)

Yes. That’s why Torres stopped talking when he saw him in the visitor room, and then believed the young man that he was innocent later on since he knew that his dad is a conman. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
54 minutes ago, MDL said:

Thanks.  I didn't know who the man was, thought at first it was Torres's father who had abandoned them.  Shooting him seemed like overkill, so to speak.

• Like 1

Overall, it was an engaging episode. (I was actually dreading it after the other CBS finales, and I’m glad I watched this last). I liked the conversation between Torres and “his lawyer”.  Every member of the team made contributions, and there was enough tension to keep the plot going forward. Once Torres saw the man who made life difficult for him and his sister during the prison visit session, and decided to act upon it (seems kind of random), are we supposed to see a parallel between him and Gibbs, in terms of retribution? Makes sense if the actor wants to move on. I will miss him, as I actually always liked the character (unpopular opinion, I know). He’s grown in this role, (as I’ve seen him in other projects), and I think the writers here wrote too many stereotypical “macho” lines/plots to keep him in that knee-jerk, overly defensive role (I think the actor was too old for that characterization). 

• Like 6