Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: the Fame Games

• Start Topic

(edited)

The queens break into two teams to perform original lyrics to a forgettable track to which the show already owns all IP! Tragically, Miss Fame is not the lipsynch assassin. And the song is not the theme to the movie Fame, which is simply unconscionable. 

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

This is an interesting cast; I've been waiting for Jessica Wild to come on All Stars since AS1, so I'm glad she finally made it.  I was also glad Monica Beverly Hills was back, and brought that jaw-dropping Egyptian fashion.   I loved the queens who brought old hollywood glamour instead of generic showgirl; Jimbo's Marilyn Monroe flower dress was especailly impressive, but Kandy Muses's outfits were drab and cheap AF.

Darienne Lake has certainly improved her songwriting since her infamously bad verse in Oh No She Betta Don't, but the second group had much better choreo.  Jaymes Manfield's timeless drag was wrinkled and rouched to hell!  But Jimbo, Monica and Heidi turned it out in the final runway.

I would have given the win to Alexis Michelle for her superior fashions, and put Kandy Muse into the bottom; I really hope the latter is going to come out every week wearing a yard of 5$ satin and get praised for it.  Monica Beverly Hills did not deserve to be in the bottom for these looks, let alone get sent home first!

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Glade said:

I would have given the win to Alexis Michelle for her superior fashions

Alexis is also the winner of the "That's a Lot of Emotions for Safe!" award for this episode's Untucked. Let's all give her a big round of applause!

Biggest surprise: Jimbo. I was actually shocked that she wasn't considered for a high placement for her performance, which was one of the best of her group. And that only makes her subsequent dance performance in S2 that much more suspect...but that's another story.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Is it me, or did I miss the season of this assassin? Glad Darienne was saved, not that Monica,was a threat. 

Aja was on  season 9 of Drag Race,  and All Stars 3.  She is also the drag mother of Kandy Muse.  I'm surprised they didn't save her performance for when Kandy is in the bottom.  That would be some drama!

Aja has also recently been online with comments about how some recent queens were doing ballroom-esq dancing and not being accurate enough.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Aja has also recently been online with comments about how some recent queens were doing ballroom-esq dancing and not being accurate enough.  

Yeah, lol, she was bashing Anetra for not doing ballroom dancing correctly 🙄🙄🙄

And Aja gave us Kandy Muse -- who is the REAL criminal?

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8

For Drama's sake I hope Alexis Michelle keeps it up. What a bizarre interlude she gave us during Untucked. 

Also, her baldness "covering" haircut is really distracting when she's not in drag. Saying that, she makes a really good looking queen in makeup. 

They say absence makes the heart go fonder but in the case of Kandy Muse, nope. 

• Like 8

ITA, Mahfouz, ITA. We (and Kandy) already know Kandy will be at least top 3 of this season so I don't know why they're bothering to judge her efforts in anything. 

I do love that Heidi was the first queen that hugged the others as they first entered the werk room at the beginning, she is the one of the most sweetest, most likeable reality show contestants I've ever seen. She is Thee Miss Congeniality that the world needs. 

I honestly like almost every queen (except u know who) this season but my heart belongs to Jessica Wild, it has since season 2. I'm bummed MBH sashayed away but someone has to go first. 

Alexis Michelle sure made Untucked memorable. LOL

• Like 4

I am surprised that I like or am neutral on (almost) all the queens. Especially since I didn’t like all of them on their original seasons.

i can’t believe Kandy wasn’t in the bottom. She was so clearly a step below all the others.  She’s going to stay a frustratingly long time again. I can feel it (no spoilers; my least favorite queen always goes a really long way).

• Like 2

I kept feeling like "I recognize the name but I don't think I've ever seen this person before, did I miss a season?" and then they'd show a clip or a still from the contestant's last appearance and I'd recognize everyone else in the image and think, ok, didn't miss a season...

And then it happened again. And again. Oops.

I am rooting for Heidi and La La. I like both of them. Alexis has stepped it up too so good for her. I'm bummed Monica went home because I think she could've brought it if she had more time. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of Darienne.

And I don't know what it is, I just don't like the huge breastplates that these queens wear. I get it with Jimbo as an exaggeration, but they never look real to me and always distract from what is often otherwise a nice outfit.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, xander874 said:

but they never look real to me and always distract from what is often otherwise a nice outfit.

I certainly respect that perspective, but on this show, drag is almost never about reality; it's about "realness": an exaggeration of an ideal; a fantasy. I personally am indifferent to the use of breastplates except when done exceptionally poorly, as seen in India Ferrah's mutiple runway titty disasters.

• Like 1