Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E20: Never, Ever Make a Mistake

• Start Topic

Herrmann works on becoming a better man after Cindy's cancer journey. Kidd bonds with a homeless victim on a call. Kylie takes her firefighter exams. A harrowing call takes a toll on Brett.

Airdate: 05/10/2023

Anyone think that Brett has suddenly developed a case of baby rabies?

I can't believe Kidd.  Living in Chicago, even in a good neighborhood, and she worries about calling the cops on a guy who evidently stalked her from the firehouse to her own house.  Carver could have, and should have, tried to de-escalate by backing up and deflecting Shepherd's anger, but his hot temper had to come to the surface.  

Are they setting up Kylie for a recurring role next season?  And who was the new guy from the station sitting in the bar with everyone?  And don't any of these people have a home life?

There really wasn't any excuse for the other shift's lack of attention.  Work the overtime and put your rig back together first. 

The teen mom did the right thing, but I don't think it was Brett's place to go to her house and investigate.  That's the entire purpose of the baby 'drop boxes'.  I still think that alarm is way too loud.

• Like 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

There really wasn't any excuse for the other shift's lack of attention.  Work the overtime and put your rig back together first.

I question that the PIC lady’s previous 2 write ups wouldn’t have already been known to Biden, though it seems to have gotten flagged when Brett did her writeup

How old was the teenage mom? I averted my eyes during those birth scenes so I probably missed a bit

Edited by DanaK

I question that the PIC lady’s previous 2 write ups wouldn’t have already been known to Biden

Oh, I don't think that information goes all the way up to the White House. 🙃

I thought it was pretty meta to show the firefighters watching a TV show with firefighters and complaining that it wasn't realistic.

OK, where did Capp and Tony (and Mouch?) get all that stuff to decorate Herrmann's office? That looks like something a professional decorator would have to put together. And it would have cost them a pretty penny too.

Carver should have warned Stella about Shep the minute she came back with the doggy bag and told her what weird thing he said to him. If she knew from the start the guy was unbalanced she would have called 911 sooner and the cops would have gotten there before Carver. Problem solved. Carver just made the whole situation worse/more dangerous by keeping his mouth shut. For no reason.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Stella is an idiot for calling carver before she called the police. Carver is an idiot for not telling her the guy was unbalanced and for attacking him. The cops were idiots for not listening and just loading him into a squad car. I will never care about Stella (nor Carver) anywhere close to as much as the writers insist I should. Please stop, show.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

The cops were idiots for not listening and just loading him into a squad car.

As one of the cops said, "All I saw was you on top of the other guy, pummeling him into the street."  It looked like an assault to them, so he gets popped.  They should have arrested the homeless guy too, as they have no idea what started the fight.  They also have no idea whether Stella and Carver are lying about being firefighters, although the show makes it seem that Stella should be the face of CFD.  It all gets sorted out at the police station later.

By the way, since Severide is detailed to Arson Unit, he would be working 8 hour shifts, and be home at that time.  Yes, Taylor Kinney is off the show for now, but did they explain Severide's absence?

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I thought it was pretty meta to show the firefighters watching a TV show with firefighters and complaining that it wasn't realistic.

That was great.  I remember back a few seasons when the 51 crew had to cover CFD Station 19, and they just unloaded on the condition of the firehouse.  However, Mouch might not be too pleased with Stella's crew at the scene of the truck rollover.  Not one of them was wearing a helmet. 

26 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

By the way, since Severide is detailed to Arson Unit, he would be working 8 hour shifts, and be home at that time.  Yes, Taylor Kinney is off the show for now, but did they explain Severide's absence?

He’s not assigned to OFI right now, he got sent on an out of state training course for arson investigation.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

12 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

That was great.  I remember back a few seasons when the 51 crew had to cover CFD Station 19, and they just unloaded on the condition of the firehouse.

"Rat infested" comes to mind.

From the half-second of the "show" they were watching, it looked like two guys fighting a brush fire. Now which awful show about brush firefighting could they be taking a potshot at? Hey, at least Three Rock puts actual water on actual fires so...pot, kettle.

• Like 2

The Brettsey shipper in me is hoping Casey's back in the finale to either announce he's moving back or to get Brett back and she moves to Portland with him. 

Knew that Shep was gonna be bad News 

• Like 2