Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Unicorns and Mountain Lions

• Start Topic

(Season Finale)
animal-control-fox.jpg
When the precinct's beloved mountain lion C-38 dies, Frank takes it especially hard. Shred tries to break up with Camilla before he ruins his chances with Emily.

Premiere Date: May 4, 2023       FOX     9pm  

12 hours ago, possibilities said:

Is there really a rule that people in Seattle can't have more than 3 cats? My ex and I had 4 cats. We didn't live in Seattle, but it never even occured to us that it would be a problem. 

I was wondering the same thing.  What a weird number to be a cut-off.  I get that the city would want to maybe deter animal hoarding, but 4 is not hoarding. 

So, they're going with a Frank and Victoria coupling now, huh?  I wish shows didn't always feel they need to couple people up. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

So, they're going with a Frank and Victoria coupling now, huh?  I wish shows didn't always feel they need to couple people up. 

Yeah, that one caught me by surprise.  I did laugh though, when the other animal control guy and the woman were in the bathroom stall next to Shred.  

And poor Patel.  The vasectomy didn't work.  The guy can't catch a break! 🤣

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

I get that the city would want to maybe deter animal hoarding, but 4 is not hoarding. 

Right! The house looked very nice, the cats were well cared-for and appeared to stay indoors, so no problem for the neighborhood. There is no issue for the Board of Health or animal cruelty or neighborhood nuisance. 

• Applause 2

So because now I'm curious I started googling... Seattle municipal code 23.42.052 (A)

2 .In neighborhood residential zones,a.accessory dwelling units shall not be considered separate dwelling units for the purpose of this Section 23.42.052;b.up to four small animals are permitted on lots of at least 20,000 square feet; andc.one additional small animal is permitted for each 5,000 square feet of lot area in excess of 20,000 square feet. Accessory structures, including kennels, for four or more animals must be at least 10 feet from any other lot in a residential zone.

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 3

So that was the season finale? I didn't understand the whole story about the mountain lion, has the show established this "bond" between it and Frank before?

I like the show overall, the cast is great, but there's just something off about it. It's not quite as funny as it should be, somehow.

• Like 2

On a previous episode, Frank and... I forget the other officer's name... were sent on a call where they were supposed to capture the mountain lion. But Frank didn't want to do it, so they removed him from the yard where he was spotted, and relocated him back to the wild, which was against protocol. It was a major plot point and a moment between the two officers, where you saw Frank's soft spot for the lion, who would probably have been killed for bothering people if he'd been taken into custody.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I almost gave up on this show after the episode where Emily throws up in Rick's mailbox, which I hated, but kept going because I liked the cast and the possibility of seeing them interact with cute animals. It's not great, but it has grown on me. I dislike the love triangle, though, which predictably had Shred realize his feelings for Emily just as she seriously started to consider Rick. I also don't understand why both this show and Ted Lasso are pushing relationships between bosses and their employees. Why?

• Like 4
1 minute ago, krankydoodle said:

I almost gave up on this show after the episode where Emily throws up in Rick's mailbox, which I hated, but kept going because I liked the cast and the possibility of seeing them interact with cute animals. It's not great, but it has grown on me. I dislike the love triangle, though, which predictably had Shred realize his feelings for Emily just as she seriously started to consider Rick. I also don't understand why both this show and Ted Lasso are pushing relationships between bosses and their employees. Why?

If it's not a workplace romance it's not love anymore. Abbott Elementary is guilty of this too.

• Like 3

Binged the last three episodes last night. This show has grown on me. I always thought it was funny, but now that the characters have been fleshed out a bit, I'm enjoying it even more (even though McHale is basically doing a softer version of Jeff Winger).

I liked the addition of the "Jack" character, and hope we see more of him.  Just realized that he's also on "Ghosts."

image.png.51da986d42926a8b6f5e00d2102faec0.png

Hope we get a 2nd season.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2