Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Track 4: I Saw The Light

• Start Topic

81CgNkCHJ3L._SX536_.jpg
The Six get a taste of the life they’ve been working towards when their collaboration with Daisy becomes a hit. Rather than defuse the friction between co-songwriters, this only exacerbates it — until Camila negotiates peace. Meanwhile, Graham wrestles with whether to profess his feelings for Karen at a house party in the Canyon, knowing that a wrong move could threaten the survival of the band.

Premiere Date: March 9, 2023    Prime Video

• Like 1

It felt like we could've used a few more scenes, like Simone reacting to Daisy's success. And there's a brief glimpse of Terry's boss looking on happily at the group's first performance but I don't think we've heard him say anything since he rejected Billy's original version of Honeycomb. I did appreciate that they paid off Warren mentioning the fur vest as his first big purchase by showing him wearing it later. It was hideous.

Nabiyah Be as Simone is doing a lot with the little screentime she has. I teared up when she found out they had someone else lip syncing to her voice.

Seeing Camila and Daisy interact was fun, especially how Daisy seemed so fascinated by her.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, kassa said:

Well, there was also a war and Watergate, so it wasn't actually that much fun at the time...

Also, many of the people who smoked as much as the show's characters did ended up dealing with the consequences later in life.

8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Also, many of the people who smoked as much as the show's characters did ended up dealing with the consequences later in life.

Oh, I know all that.  Every time I see these characters constantly smoking and doing coke I think of my favorite David Bowie, who probably would have lived longer had he not done all that coke and smoked so much in his younger days. What a waste.

It doesn't stop me from loving the look and sound of the time period.

• Like 2
On 3/13/2023 at 11:08 AM, chocolatine said:

True.  I haven’t smoked in forever, but it brings back (great) memories of just lighting up whenever you feel like it!

also, Daisy kinda holds her cig more like I’ve seen a guy hold one.  Most girls I know would hold it between two fingers.  Don’t mind me, I notice weird shit.

also I want every last piece of the Free People Daisy Jones collection but my only child is getting married this year so no frivolous spending for quite awhile!!!!!  I need to just stop looking at it.

• LOL 1
On 3/14/2023 at 9:34 PM, teapot said:

I want every last piece of the Free People Daisy Jones collection but my only child is getting married this year so no frivolous spending for quite awhile!!!!!  I need to just stop looking at it.

Well now you’ve gotten me in trouble looking at that collection. I need a new roof. And other large house maintenance and improvements so I can’t shop either. Such a bummer.

The look of this show is my favorite thing about it. Like the book I thought it was a brilliant idea not well executed. And I like the writer but there’s like heart or soul missing here, like the characters and situations are romanticized, nostalgic tropes rather than people. I even like the actress playing Daisy and she’s doing her best with cliched material. But this lacks true heart for me. 

• Like 3

I read the book almost immediately after its release, so I don't recall a lot. I found the first three episodes boring. This is the first ep. that I've found even remotely interesting; Hawaii and the party. I'm hoping the series has found its footing and will improve from here on.

What's been most upsetting to me is that to this point, NONE of the songs have been memorable! You can't have a good series about a musical group without any catchy tunes. 

So far, I've really been wondering if this would have made a better film than a mini series. More isn't always better.

I'm still watching though, only because I enjoyed the book. My fingers are crossed for improvement!

• Like 2

I got some Stevie Nicks vibes from Daisy’s performance in Oahu. Also thought it was rude of her to come in early and unannounced, but I guess they’re setting up some strife in the band. 

Broke down and bought the book, because there was a 14 week wait at the library. 

• Like 1
On 3/12/2023 at 2:55 PM, magdalene said:

Sighs. I love the clothes, the design, the furnishings - I wish I experienced it all.

It was fun, and I wish I could relive a lot of it.  Although some of the clothing doesn't quite fit the era that the show is showing.  It is still enjoyable to watch with my daughter.