Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Met Gala

• Start Topic

The designers make a look worthy of a Met Gala with the theme of "camp."

Really? They auf pizza purse James right before the camp challenge?! I liked the winning look a lot. The one with the pockets looked amazing as a sketch, but on the runway I could not even tell that dress had pockets all over it. I'm sorry but everything that one woman makes looks like it belongs on a child's doll. 

• Like 7

This is a very creative group of designers.  I was really happy with Desyree's win - I thought the boxers were a great idea.  Also loved Bao's idea, but I agree that the pockets didn't show up very well. 

Speaking of Desyree - she reminds me of someone.  I don't know if it's her looks or her voice.  Anyone else having the same feeling?

• Like 2

Bao's dress came out looking like a wrinkly bed sheet to me, the 'lots of pockets' design was not executed well, and I wasn't a fan of the boxer shorts either.  Seemingly no one was sent home here as an acknowledgement that the designers weren't given enough time to do something great, but it stings given the arbitrary, pointless elimination of James and Godoy last episode.

• Like 4

The bow dress had the pubic area of model's (nude) underwear showing. Not cool. And the effect was pretty ugly as well. I thought the pink pocket dress was very pretty, though I agree the pockets didn't really "show."

• Like 3
On 3/9/2023 at 9:51 AM, Gloriosa said:

This is a very creative group of designers.  I was really happy with Desyree's win - I thought the boxers were a great idea.  Also loved Bao's idea, but I agree that the pockets didn't show up very well. 

Speaking of Desyree - she reminds me of someone.  I don't know if it's her looks or her voice.  Anyone else having the same feeling?

I agree. Can’t place who it is, but she reminds me of someone. 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, hula-la said:

I thought the boxers were a great idea

and while I liked the idea before the explanation, I enjoyed her talking about the "don't let your pants slide down (i.e. don't let your boxers show)"

• Like 3
16 hours ago, dleighg said:

and while I liked the idea before the explanation, I enjoyed her talking about the "don't let your pants slide down (i.e. don't let your boxers show)"

I totally agree! A perfect example of how the story may make me like a design more but the design should work even if you don't know the backstory. 

(James ....  looking at you & your pizza purse!)

On 3/9/2023 at 12:51 PM, Gloriosa said:

Is it a young Wanda Sykes?

I'm so frustrated at how little time these designers are given. One of the judges called a design a craft project, and that is indeed what all of them are doing because they don't have enough time. Just throwing paint and bows and pockets and the kitchen sink on a model and calling it a day.

I informally calculated how much time is provided for the hosts' hogging the camera and microphones, and over an episode is it about 1/3 of the episode.

• Like 2
On 3/11/2023 at 4:24 PM, dleighg said:

Or if you're ancient like me, from the American Idol auditions way back when:  Pants on the floor!  Pants on the floor!  Looking like a fool with your pants on the floor!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Or if you're ancient like me, from the American Idol auditions way back when:  Pants on the floor!  Pants on the floor!  Looking like a fool with your pants on the floor!

I remember!

Who is that woman singer with the very unusual voice?  Mary J. Blige?  

If anyone had been eliminated I thought it should have been Amari - or that woman who makes the cartoon dresses...why is she still here?

• Like 3