Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: The Night Owl

paigow
  • Start Topic

Six months after Wujing’s escape from custody, Reddington mysteriously resurfaces in Manhattan amidst an explosion; when a former blacklister is found at the scene, the task force begins to investigate a larger conspiracy at play.

Airdate: Feb 26 / 23

Wait, was that actually a half-decent episode of The Blacklist?! I found the plot with Meera's daughter a little clunky but I guess that's what they had to do to shoehorn her in. Other than that, this episode actually seemed to flow and I was surprised when it ended. I didn't notice any particular examples of the Task Force being absurdly stupid and they even mentioned some extra security measures! Having said that, what good does it do to blindfold people who are heading to the Post Office considering half the bad guys in the world have already raided it?

I could do with less of Ressler the recovering addict but I guess that is better than seeing him fall off the wagon again.

Was it just me or did Dembe totally lose his accent during the shootout?

I appreciated the flashbacks, as having a plotline of "random Blacklister intersects with other random Blacklister" requires a flow chart that no one has ever to my knowledge bothered to create for this show. And I definitely appreciate this show setting up a few questions and then immediately answering them! Let's hope that trend continues, it's long overdue.

• Like 3

"We have heavy security and they've all had military training..."  Apparently in the motor pool or the kitchen platoon, anyway.  Those guys went down like targets in a carnival booth.

The Task Force has been missing an wooden actor since Liz left, so they hired Meera's daughter.

Is Ressler getting a little tubby in his time off?

I know that it's required for the plot, but I'm surprised the Chinese government rep didn't do more to prevent them from entering Chinese property.  In real life Dembe or Ressler might have taken a bullet.

Obligatory Asian American computer geek.  There was a quick scene when they're all gathered around the laptop and in the background, a female agent extra walks off, and brushes her hand on the shoulder of another agent extra, and he follows her.  I'm guessing that was ad lib, and the actress was subtly telling him "We're out of the scene.  Walk off."

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Agent Grecian Formula got his payoff as soon as the van door closed.  Not like a mega-criminal like Wujing to leave any loose ends. Saves some money, too.

• LOL 3
13 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Agent Grecian Formula got his payoff as soon as the van door closed. 

He is a useful diversion while alive... MI6 will dedicate resources to finding him...

• Like 1

I'm just hoping we don't spend this last season going down the whole, "oh, how can we function/live without Liz" nonsense, that plagued last season (looking at you Ressler in your meeting).

It seems fitting that all Reddington's chickens are coming home to roost.  Hopefully we get at least some questions answered before it's all over.

Also, I'm curious about Red's real estate hunt.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, paigow said:

I could use all the resources and competent work friends at MI6 to solve this conspiracy. OR work with the idiots that got my mother killed...

I'll call it now, she's not actually on their side and she's there as part of a long term revenge plot. However, like a typical Blacklist villain she is going to wait until the end of the season to make her move despite numerous opportunities to accomplish her goal at any time.

• Useful 3

Ressler is still pining over Lizzie's death.  Dude needs to move on.
I'm just surprised Ressler hasn't tattooed Lizzie's name on his arm or something.

So, did Reddington shave between when Aram spotted him and when we see him next lair-hunting with his real estate agent ?

At least "The Night Owl" wasn't assigned a number -- that was a tipoff that it wasn't a person or organization actually on the Blacklist.

We get a brief scene with Agnes but still no sign or mention of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat, or Sierra the cat.

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Hopefully we get at least some questions answered before it's all over.

I'll bet good money the one question I really want answered: "Who the hell is Red Reddington, really?" won't be answered by the time this show is canceled. Boone gave them an out when she flounced off, so who Red is in relation to Lizzie is a subject that can be quietly dropped.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I'll bet good money the one question I really want answered: "Who the hell is Red Reddington, really?" won't be answered by the time this show is canceled. Boone gave them an out when she flounced off, so who Red is in relation to Lizzie is a subject that can be quietly dropped.

Are these events accepted as canon?

• Liz killed the REAL Reddington decades ago... He was her biological father .
  • Red!Spader is a Russian imposter
  • Useful 1
On 2/27/2023 at 2:17 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

So, did Reddington shave between when Aram spotted him and when we see him next lair-hunting with his real estate agent ?

When Dembe asked Red who is protecting him, where was his security, Red said for him not to worry.  I'm thinking maybe Red is "trying" to disguise himself by using fake beards and other clothing?  That is the only thing I can think of.  Arman did spot him quickly, so if that is what Red's intentions are then he has failed...lol!

On 2/27/2023 at 3:17 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

No, Because Red has cloned himself. The guy that planted the bomb remains unshaven....

• LOL 1
(edited)

What continues to annoy me is the constant ass kissing of Red, who just murdered a woman and potentially killed more bystanders or firepeople.  Only, "where is Raymond?" or "Oh my, who is on your security detail?"

He just murdered a woman.

The focus is only on protecting him from Wujing.  Can't have someone extract revenge.  Unless it's RR of course.

Whose bones were in the suitcase again?

Edited by CaptainE