Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I used to enjoy Kofo and Goodwin's characters.  It was fun when Kofo was easy-going and Goodwin was the stuffed shirt.  Now Goodwin is just manipulatively rude and mean, and Kofo just seems pathetic.  However, I did kind of like that Goodwin--who most of the time seems a bit self-absorbed--changed up his manipulations based on the personality of the person he was dealing with.

I wonder if they're running toward a "Goodwin is over his head, the employees are in revolt" plotline where he gets humbled a bit, Christina takes over the reins, and Goodwin goes to a middle management position where he can take the time to really learn the ropes of running a company.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I wonder if they're running toward a "Goodwin is over his head, the employees are in revolt" plotline where he gets humbled a bit, Christina takes over the reins, and Goodwin goes to a middle management position where he can take the time to really learn the ropes of running a company.

If this were more of a dramedy than a comedy, Goodwin would likely get enlightened. 

But leopards rarely (if ever) change their spots, so I hope if/when Goodwin gets some sort of comeuppance and is no longer president (is that his current title?) his bullying tactics get put to good use in making lesser bullies in the sock company straighten up and fly right, so to speak.  
The only problem with this👆 is that I don't recall any other bullies at Max Dot. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

The only problem with this👆 is that I don't recall any other bullies at Max Dot.

2 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Dottie?  😆

Hahaha! Of course!
But Goodwin would know better than to bully Queen Dottie!

"Goody" (what Dottie called him this week) sure gave Douglas a pass too. 

• Like 2

Yeah.  Goodwin might be a bit of a martinet, but he also knows which side his bread is buttered on.  MaxDot is a family business, and even though Dottie mocks and is cruel to her children, Goodwin well knows he does not have that same privilege.  It is OK to dump on Christine though, because she's still in the doghouse with Dottie.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Harvey said:

I wonder what plans Ebun had. All she seems to do is sit around the house and criticize everyone.

I saw a softer side of Ebun this episode——briefly——when she was telling Abishola to spend more time with Bob.

• Like 5
On 3/1/2023 at 11:58 AM, shapeshifter said:

I saw a softer side of Ebun this episode——briefly——when she was telling Abishola to spend more time with Bob.

When Ebun said "Daughter" when Abishola was talking about her concerns, you could see the love in Ebun's eyes (good acting on her part).  It was a much softer look on Ebun's entire face than the usual harsh and haughty look she's usually displaying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1