Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Forever and A Day

• Start Topic

Oliver's fantasy is to surprise his boyfriend, Emilio, with the perfect proposal but when Emilio says no, Oliver finds himself reliving that day over and over again; Roarke must confront her fears about her relationship with Javier.

Original air date: February 13 2023.

Elena: Can I help?
Helene: I am a grown ass woman living the five-star lifestyle, for free, in Paradise and I am not happy, maybe I need to get off of this island. I shouldn't be here anymore.
Elena: I can definitely help with that! 

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

I liked Ruby more than last week. I don't understand how Elena breaking up with Javier will help Helene. Her grief over her mother's death is real but she isn't a child who needs Javier around all the time. Next week looks creepy.

• Like 6

I liked this episode!  I think it's my favorite of the season so far.  I loved Oliver's Groundhog Day-style reactions with each daily reboot.  I liked that only Elena and Oscar knew they were repeating the day, but Ruby figured it out or just accepted it without question.  Actually, I really liked Ruby this episode, and she usually bugs me a little.  I loved her conversation with Linda.  And I liked Linda, too!  I always wondered how therapists didn't go a little bonkers listening to clients/patients over and over just waiting for them to realize things on their own. 

The Helene story didn't interest me too much, but we got some insight into Elena.  (And drunk Elena was really fun!  I'm glad they gave the actress the chance to play Elena in a different way.)   I don't really think a cold breakup was necessary, she really should have filled Javier in on what had happened for her to get to that point. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

When it’s always you and your mom, then she passed away, birthdays & holidays (and some little things too) are gonna be hard. This is Helene’s first birthday without her mom. There’s a hole in her heart that can never be filled again, not in the same way. 💔

Elena’s mushy center has becoming too mushy it seems. She doesn’t have to break-up with Javier. What are you thinking gurl??!

Oliver’s behavior during the time loop has triggered the feeling of restlessness in me. Thanks dude! 😣

Oliver is a handful and dramatic. Good luck Emilio, you’re gonna need it! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, chaifan said:

The Helene story didn't interest me too much, but we got some insight into Elena.  (And drunk Elena was really fun!  I'm glad they gave the actress the chance to play Elena in a different way.)   I don't really think a cold breakup was necessary, she really should have filled Javier in on what had happened for her to get to that point. 

Yes, it would make a lot more sense to tell him why. And I think Elena overreacted. It was a poor choice on Javier’s part to invite her to the birthday dinner because it was Helene’s first birthday after her mother died. Obviously that was going to be a painful reminder for her. But that doesn’t mean Elena needed to break up with him and can’t ever be around him when Helene is there. Helene’s plenty old enough to grasp that Javier already had a life before she came along, and he shouldn’t have to devote 100% of his free time to her.

That said, Helene’s annoying. And WTF is up with her hair? It always looks like they just plunked a wig on top of her head and didn’t bother to adjust it to look realistic.

Edited by CarpeFelis
typo
  • Like 6
26 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

That said, Helene’s annoying. And WTF is up with her hair? It always looks like they just plunked a wig on top of her head and didn’t bother to adjust it to look realistic.

OMG.  I said the same thing in the thread of whatever episode she first appeared on!  But check out her IMDb page... Her hair always looks like that!  

55 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Oliver is a handful and dramatic. Good luck Emilio, you’re gonna need it! 

I did think Jonathan Bennett should have been told to tone down his performance a bit.  His idea of comedic reacting seems to be acting as though he just did 1000 lines of cocaine before the director said "action." 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
48 minutes ago, chaifan said:

OMG.  I said the same thing in the thread of whatever episode she first appeared on!  But check out her IMDb page... Her hair always looks like that!  

Apparently, she does usually wear a wig. https://www.abookof.us/nextchapters/alexa-mansour:

I lost my hair when I was a kid. So a lot of people know, some people don't, I wear a wig. And I was always bullied for not looking like a normal kid and whatnot.

So, I feel bad for even commenting on it, but geez, you’d think whoever does the styling for the show would make it look less obvious that that’s what it is.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1