Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Rowan makes a shocking discovery but has to deal with it alone; a tragic event brings Rowan closer to the Mayfairs and Lasher; Sip falls deeper down the rabbit hole of the key necklace.

Streaming on AMC+ 23.02.16 and airing on AMC 23.02.19. 

Proceed at your own risk for spoilers before the AMC airdate.

• Like 1

Ugh, I thought this was the season finale, I had to ff through Tess in the warehouse and Sip stuck in a video game.  Rowan's wardrobe is hideous; the cheap, ridiculous 90's throwback everyone wears is in fact ugly AF.  You'd think a talented surgeon would know less harmful/risky, more practical locations to draw blood from than the palm of your hand.  There is apparently no other spell in this world then that stupid chant.  I can't watch another episode of this trash.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Superclam said:

I just finished this one, and it was a tiny bit better. There was some action, and the plot moved forward slightly. Still terrible acting and dialogue. The Ciprean/Lasher interaction was cringe-inducing. 

I liked Tessa, I knew she was a goner but I was still sad to see her go!

At least Lasher got some dialogue this episode! I wonder if Alonso is a Mayfair too or just another witch with the power to scribe (that’s a useful power!)

• Like 4
On 2/16/2023 at 11:47 PM, Glade said:

the cheap, ridiculous 90's throwback everyone wears is in fact ugly AF.

I don't know why everyone's dressed in the 90s outfits despite it clearly being set in current times. It's ridiculous.

WHY AM I STILLLLL WATCHING? 

• Like 6
On 2/19/2023 at 6:48 PM, txvoodoo said:

I don't know why everyone's dressed in the 90s outfits despite it clearly being set in current times. It's ridiculous.

WHY AM I STILLLLL WATCHING? 

Rowans outfit did have some strong Gilmore Girls vibes.

• Wink 1

The question I keep asking is, why does Rowan keep going into that God. Damn. HOUSE. Jesus, woman. 

After having been trapped there for who knows how long and barely making it out, why would you ever pass through those doors again?

• Like 8

You'd think a talented surgeon would know less harmful/risky, more practical locations to draw blood from than the palm of your hand. 

Ugh, this is such a weird trope which I have never understood. Every supernatural show that requires blood for some spell or ritual always has the characters slice open the palm of their hands to get it. I can't think of a less practical place to open a vein. You'd be unable to use that hand for weeks. Cut some other part of your body that doesn't need to bend! At least they showed Rowan and the aunt with bandaged hands afterwards (although I bet the bandages will be gone next episode; hell, wasn't it already gone by the time Rowan made it to the warehouse?).

• Like 5

I wanted to like this show SO MUCH. I loved Jack Huston on Boardwalk Empire and tend to like any shows with witches.

But good grief, I am glad the next ep is the finale. 

I do find the show interesting when it focuses on the extended Mayfair clan and the Talamasca (and all the supporting characters' abilities). And even Rowan's power, when used, is good.

But after 7 episodes, I have no idea where this is going and there's too much I don't understand. How did this get renewed?

• Like 4

And even Rowan's power, when used, is good.

It's just too bad that she's so stupid. I mean, seriously, when she can KILL WITH HER MIND, yet is still mortal herself, she chooses to walk into the middle of a threatening situation instead of just taking everyone out first? 

• Like 4

If Rowan had any braincells, she would just stop going into that damn house and take the first flight home. Nothing good happens in that house! 

There is so much potential here, but Rowan is really dragging her own show down with her nonsensical choices.

• Like 2

Thought I could take a break from this dreck and come back with fresh eyes and maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Nope. It's like the showrunners were given the first book, which to be fair is a bit of a doorstop, and rather than slog through it decided to google "witches" and New Orleans and just run with the first dozen tropes that came up. Who cares if none it results in coherent storytelling or makes any sense at all?

But sure. Send the super avenging super witch who's been there all of about 5 minutes out to rural Jean Lafitte armed only with GPS and it will be fine. She's probably seen enough Marvel movies to pull off a superhero walk in, now with death vision.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4