Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Left With the Nose

• Start Topic

Stuff is happening! Bunny moved the hit on Mike to the DA? Damn. Mike really fucked over Evelyn, but now that her boss is dead, guess it doesn't matter. Though I'm sure that will make waves Mike isn't prepared to deal with.

Mike also really threw Evelyn's assistant under the bus. You don't need to tell her how you found her!

I swear it seems like there's a quota of women that can have in each episode. If we glimpse Rebecca, we don't get any Iris. Hopefully at this point Bunny will get out of prison and we can move on to whatever is next.

Kyle's plot sure is moving fast. I know people can spiral pretty quickly, but seems like they should have let this play longer than the few weeks of S2. I'm surprised Miriam didn't call Kyle out on his inebriation, but I guess she has too much softness for her youngest.

I did really enjoy the scene at the guards house between Mike and the guard. I knew Kyle was going to bust up in there, but seeing Mike actually handle shit is what we need to see, and less the intense promises he made Bunny's cousin that he would handle shit.

I don't know what was going on with these middle episodes, but hopefully things will pick up now.

• Like 2

The last two episodes have made up for the slow ones. Why do they waste time when the seasons are short?

Miriam’s exchange with the male young offender was a change from her exchange with the female prisoner last season. Is it foreshadowing her getting sucked in to the ”family business”? I was worried that the boy was tied in to the AB faction at the adult prison and he was luring her…

Kyle is a predictable ticking bomb. I laughed at his exchange with Miriam - she was trying to be gentle with him but obviously very worried. I like that she clearly has a comfortable relationship with Ian (where was Stevie?). It was interesting that her tune changed about working with Mike again - she says it’s good, good.

Kyle being the one who took the bonds from lockup is a great development. I like how Mike was able to use them to squeeze the DA. Evelyn will not be happy although now that the DA is dead it will take a back seat. She can’t take it personally when she knows how Mike works and her office made it so he couldn’t keep his word. 

So we don’t know who is skewering Robert for the riot. Seems like there are only so many people who know what/how it all went down. This should be an interesting reveal.

2 hours ago, mledawn said:

Miriam’s exchange with the male young offender was a change from her exchange with the female prisoner last season. Is it foreshadowing her getting sucked in to the ”family business”? I was worried that the boy was tied in to the AB faction at the adult prison and he was luring her…..

I get the impression that this exchange gave Miriam a new appreciation for exactly what Mike does. She's always been so dismissive and condescending. 

35 minutes ago, wlk68 said:

I get the impression that this exchange gave Miriam a new appreciation for exactly what Mike does. She's always been so dismissive and condescending. 

I think it was a throwback to S1 as well - an inmate asked Miriam about her son, and she was very much like DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT MY SON. And her robbery has made her have a change of heart regarding that.

This episode referenced a "Heart Attack" letter? What is that?

Thanks.

Ref:

"Robert (Hamish Allan-Headley) calls for a meeting at Don’s Diner with Mike, Ian, and Kyle. He received a “heart attack” letter and was told by the DA to lawyer up. Mike knows the DA’s not acting on inmate testimony which means someone rolled on Robert."

I've never heard of it but from the context I assume it is a letter that causes a heart attack when read. I am not sure why this happens often enough for them to have a specific term for it though.

I was glad to see some movement in this episode. Mike is actually getting things done now! And I'm glad Kyle swiped the bearer bonds. It's great to see these guys actually doing something rather than just reacting to something.

The imprisoned leader of the ABs tells Bunny and friends that the stabber was a lone wolf and cuts the dude's arms off as a peace gesture. So does this mean there is some other AB leader out there calling the shots?

• Like 1

A lot of things happening, finally, but I guess I didn't follow a lot of it.  Why is Kyle building three sheds?  Or is this just a way to show how he was going a little crazy with boredom, built a shed, and it felt so good to actually do something that he got two more?  Mom looked out the window at them, but I couldn't tell anything from her expression.

A "heart attack letter" is a notice that you're being investigated, or something?

I don't think Bunny moved the hit from Mike to the DA.  The DA was being gunned down while Bunny was on the phone with Mike telling him to get him to sign the papers to get him out.  He can't do that if you've had him shot.  I was thinking the hit moved to Robert (thus the "heart attack letter") but I don't know how much sense that makes, either.

At least it wasn't boring.  Man, as soon as they showed that metal-cutting machine, I knew something bad was going to happen.  Ugh!

• Like 3

Hey, something happened! Bunny took matters into his own hands and had the DA (?) killed so that Mike’s contact lady (assistant DA?) could release Bunny. I don’t know why the late DA was such a dick about the deal he made, or alternatively why Mike didn’t realize that guy could be a dick (shouldn’t the fixer know such things?), but in any case Bunny came through. Now Mike will probably face accessory to murder charges, but hey, we saw action that made sense. Until then it was a lot of aimless flailing and Mike saying, “I’ll fix this!”

If Kyle building 3 sheds was supposed to mean he is losing it, that was a goofy way to show that. His attack on the Davison guy made more sense.

Where the hell is Milo?

Edited by Ottis
  • Like 1
On 2/20/2023 at 7:58 AM, Orbert said:

I don't think Bunny moved the hit from Mike to the DA.  The DA was being gunned down while Bunny was on the phone with Mike telling him to get him to sign the papers to get him out.  He can't do that if you've had him shot.  I was thinking the hit moved to Robert (thus the "heart attack letter") but I don't know how much sense that makes, either.

When Mike first went to see Bunny in prison, Bunny told him that he moved the marker off of Mike and transferred it. Mike kept asking Bunny who he transferred it to and Bunny refused to answer. Bunny did say that he made it easier for Mike to do his “mayor thing” and get him out. Bunny had the hit transferred to the DA. With the DA dead, an acting DA will most likely be put in place, probably Evelyn, before they can elect a new permanent DA. Regardless of who takes over as DA in the interim, they will likely have a good idea that the predecessor was killed for not keeping his deal with the generals and likely let them out to avoid the same fate.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2