Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: How Does It End?

jewel21
  • Start Topic

My working theory is that the clash is resolved

Spoiler

by Hermann losing his shit about Cindy’s cancer and telling Severide and Kidd to realize they love each other, cherish every second and GET OVER IT.

• Like 2

I'm very upset about Cindy. Why do the writers think we want to see this storyline?

I hate it too. I know this is a drama, but I don't like where this is going. Why can't they kill off Stella instead? Nobody would miss her.

The call that caused a fight between Kelly and Stella seemed improbable, too. Why would Kelly be so unconcerned about the possibility there might have been explosives, given all the evidence inside the house and the wiring around the shelter door? It made him look irresponsible. My immediate thought was that a bomb squad should have been called in. 

Corned beef solves everything, I guess. Everyone gets a happy ending . . . except for Herrmann and Cindy. 😡 

• Like 3

I know that if I arrived at scene to find a wired up bunker and bomb making equipment in the area, I'd be in full protective gear, including helmet, and standing back until the bomb squad got there.  The first rule of rescues is 'don't become another victim'.  And then there's the matter of confined space with limited oxygen.  No matter, send the chief officer down without an SCBA. 

Station 51 needs a refresher course on incident command.  No arguing about who's in charge.  Of course, I am curious about why a Truck was send to a 'check for wellness call', and then a Squad, but no Chief Officer, and no report on conditions back to Base.

Boden did do right by chewing both their asses.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I know that if I arrived at scene to find a wired up bunker and bomb making equipment in the area, I'd be in full protective gear, including helmet, and standing back until the bomb squad got there.  The first rule of rescues is 'don't become another victim'.  And then there's the matter of confined space with limited oxygen.  No matter, send the chief officer down without an SCBA. 

Stella wanted to open up the vent and send someone down.  My question is, since there was a vent on top, couldn't they just open it up and pump air down there?  I was confused on the construction of that thing. 

Kelly was wrong to ignore the obvious signs of an explosive device, and totally wrong to do it without even an attempt at protective gear.  And everyone was standing around him as he did it!  Like they all forgot you're supposed to clear the area when you might trigger an explosion.

• Like 2

Gallo is so dense he doesn’t deserve to date. Neither does Brett.  The outcomes were predictable.

I am relieved the Stella/Kelly disagreement ended so quickly. Biden is great! 

I sided with Stella. They should have done more to rule out explosives before blasting through.

Edited by Attatude
  • Like 4

I do appreciate that both Kidd and Severide immediately shut down the truck/squad rivalry and made it clear that having the other members of the house arguing wouldn't be tolerated.

@Attatude I'm with you on Stella's side. Rule out the damn explosives!

• Like 4

I agree that they should have done more to rule out explosives, but I also agree that Severide was in charge.  It was his call.  I think he said something about how if he was any other officer, would she still have done that?  But what about if she was any other officer too, would they have questioned Severide?  I hope the answer still would have been yes.  He was the commander on scene, but he didn't make the best decision. 

This conflict would have been better if there was a much clearer situation that involved Severide definitely being right that Stella argued about, like something Severide has done for years and she was clearly being way too cautious.  That would have made her "bringing home life into the office" more compelling, IMO.  As it was, the "home life fight" was dumb because they were just two lieutenants both with valid points. 

• Like 2
On 1/21/2023 at 1:24 PM, Attatude said:

Gallo is so dense he doesn’t deserve to date. Neither does Brett.  The outcomes were predictable.

I am relieved the Stella/Kelly disagreement ended so quickly. Biden is great! 

I sided with Stella. They should have done more to rule out explosives before blasting through.

Love how you snuck a political endorsement into a forum about a primetime soap opera.  😁

Edited by Leeds
  • LOL 1