Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E.01: The Vanishing

• Start Topic

Eliza is hired by a newspaper to investigate the disappearance of a famous magician,  despite the fact that the Duke is already on the case.

Please keep discussion focused on this episode or earlier.  If you'd like to discuss later episodes you saw on streaming, please use the Season 3 spoiler thread or the appropriate episode thread.

Pleasant opening episode!

Nice to know Eliza learned absolutely nothing from the previous encounter with Sinclair when he backstabbed her during the poison plant case.

Moses boxing!!!!

Fitzroy soon to be boxing!!!

That police officer needs to be fired asap. Let FItzroy give him a black eye or two, but please send him packing afterwards.

Poor Barnabus lololol. Too bad we didn't get the details about that wild sounding case. I kind of wish we got a flashback episode of the case leading up to the opening scene.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, HoodlumSheep said:

Nice to know Eliza learned absolutely nothing from the previous encounter with Sinclair when he backstabbed her during the poison plant case.

I need her to get smarter.  I want to see clever Eliza, not foolish Eliza.  She's spending all her time apologizing to the Duke for not thinking things through.  Let's hope she hears herself and starts thinking things through.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, izabella said:

I need her to get smarter. 

I’d also like to see her stop breaking into places. I get that it’s hard for her because she’s a woman, and therefore doesn’t have access to as many places. But she’s not a police officer, so she’s not entitled to the coroner’s report. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I’d also like to see her stop breaking into places. I get that it’s hard for her because she’s a woman, and therefore doesn’t have access to as many places. But she’s not a police officer, so she’s not entitled to the coroner’s report. 

But ... but ... but that was one of the cutest scenes! Eliza and Moses breaking into the magician's dressing room! I love Eliza and Moses together! The two actors are so damn charming! and MOSERS BOXING!!!!!) be still my heart! << I think I replayed that scene at least 10 times! That man is fine!

I am so glad this show is back! I smiled through the entire ep.

I really have no nit-picks. I like that newspaper guy so I don't mind Eliza thinking "this time will ne different" Ha! He used her ambition and ego against her.

I would have loved to have seen the case that got everyone arrested. The little bit we saw looked like A HOOT!

I like that Eliza and William know one another so well. They both knew when they were each lying. And they immediately picked up on one another's "tells' Like the way William sniffs when he's lying and Eliza does the "I don't know what your talking about" thing.

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, taanja said:

But ... but ... but that was one of the cutest scenes! Eliza and Moses breaking into the magician's dressing room! I love Eliza and Moses together! The two actors are so damn charming! and MOSERS BOXING!!!!!) be still my heart! << I think I replayed that scene at least 10 times! That man is fine!

I am so glad this show is back! I smiled through the entire ep.

I really have no nit-picks. I like that newspaper guy so I don't mind Eliza thinking "this time will ne different" Ha! He used her ambition and ego against her.

I would have loved to have seen the case that got everyone arrested. The little bit we saw looked like A HOOT!

I like that Eliza and William know one another so well. They both knew when they were each lying. And they immediately picked up on one another's "tells' Like the way William sniffs when he's lying and Eliza does the "I don't know what your talking about" thing.

I loved the entire episode and was so happy to have it back. Now, Fitzroy needs to punch that cop in the face. And that cop needs to go. 

• Like 4

I really wanted to see the case from the opening opening scene. Clementine being a law unto herself! Barnabus getting caught up in the confusion! I loved the entire episode but we needed that story too!

• Like 10
55 minutes ago, sharifa70 said:

I really wanted to see the case from the opening opening scene. Clementine being a law unto herself! Barnabus getting caught up in the confusion! I loved the entire episode but we needed that story too!

I agree! I

• Like 1

I desperately need to see whatever case happened before this episode, it looks absolutely wild! This case was also a lot of fun, but I would kill for a flashback to whatever was happening there. 

Nice first episode of the season, even if Eliza made some rather questionable choices. I like the sleazy newspaper guy but no way would I trust him and Eliza really shouldn't have worked with him. He really played to her ego and insecurities though, she was so offended at the idea of her hiding behind a man to do her job, and she really does tend to think she's the smartest person in the room. 

Moses boxing! More of that please! Now with FItzroy getting some much needed help. 

Love that William and Eliza can both read other others tells, its so cute. 

• Like 3