Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E10: A Long Time Coming (3)

• Start Topic

While Agent Rountree and Fatima are searching for Kilbride, who has been MIA, they are ambushed and learn that every member of the team has a $200,000 bounty on their head via the dark web. The NCIS team must save Agent Rountree and find Kilbride while e

Deeks and Torres at the bakery.

Deeks:  This is actually happening.

Hetty is still out there ---  and she's still watching.

"Some say she's a witch."   😁😁😁😁😁😁

Sam and Callen have gone "nose-blind" to the boatshed smell.   🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

When Miller gets taken out by a "sniper" (and everyone going "It wasn't me.", I squeeeed for a moment

"OMG, It's Gib---- oh, never mind, It's Kilbride. 😒😒😒😒😒😒

Kilbride wants to "switch" with Parker.   ("No, you get to keep Deeks.")

"Maybe we can do this every year???"

"Hard pass."  (Shout-out to Arrow-verse???)

I don't think I've really seen a full episode of this show before, but tuned in for the crossover.  I like Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J.  Haven't seen Chris O'Donnell in years, I guess everybody ages, but sometimes I still think of him as the young kid from "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "Scent of a Woman".  He looks like he has certainly filled out and put on the pounds, especially in his face.  Did not know who the other agents from L.A. are.

Nice to see Yasmine Al-Bustami.  Jane Tennant didn't really explain much about her status, she introduced the team to Special Agent Afloat Lucy Tara.  But there was zero discussion of how her program has been going, when is she coming back, etc.  The actress' name has been removed from the "NCIS Hawaii" credits, so I'm not sure what's really going on with her.

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I don't think I've really seen a full episode of this show before, but tuned in for the crossover.  I like Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J.  Haven't seen Chris O'Donnell in years, I guess everybody ages, but sometimes I still think of him as the young kid from "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "Scent of a Woman".  He looks like he has certainly filled out and put on the pounds, especially in his face.  Did not know who the other agents from L.A. are.

Nice to see Yasmine Al-Bustami.  Jane Tennant didn't really explain much about her status, she introduced the team to Special Agent Afloat Lucy Tara.  But there was zero discussion of how her program has been going, when is she coming back, etc.  The actress' name has been removed from the "NCIS Hawaii" credits, so I'm not sure what's really going on with her.

Agree with a lot. O'Donnell resembles Chandler Bing. LL Cool has gravitas and charisma, a movie star-like quality. I'm not interested in watching LA though.

Wilmer V is unbearable. He's lucky he won the genetic lottery. Looks youthful for being 42 too. I have to put up with that as I watch NCIS for Gary Cole. I hope he leaves soon, quite a few procedural actors stay 6-7 seasons, get bored with the repetitive nature. By then bank accounts are full anyway.

Any rumors of Hawaii cast leaving? I don't watch that either. There was an outdated rumor Noah Mills leaving?

13 hours ago, blackwing said:

All of that needs to happen on Hawai'i especially after the CBS 5-0/Magnum crossover where a 5-0 emerging relationship took a forward step on a Magnum episode and the howls that were made by 5-0 fans which resulted. In story we just have an outside  bread and butter NCIS Agent brought in by SAC Tennant to cross between field and support work. After mostly dropping the Los Angeles show I guess none of their agents fill the Agent McGee dual role here.

5 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

had never seen the Hawaii one, but they are innocuous enough. Still prefer LA.

I'm in the same boat but going in the other direction. I watch NCIS: Hawaii and only tune in to the others for crossover episodes. As I said for the last crossover, NCIS (the original series) feels like a show that has been on for 20 seasons. NCIS: LA seemed alright though and the characters were charming.

I appreciate that there was a lampshade hung on the jurisdictional weirdness. Tennant is in charge now! Why? Because apparently anything touched by the Pacific Ocean falls under her jurisdiction. Sure, I'll take it. At least they tried.

The payoff didn't quite line up with the setup on the bad guys. They're ex-CIA Special Ops! They're everywhere, they know everything and they have all of us in their sights! Except they turn out to be a handful of people in the desert communicating via cell phones. I guess all the good mooks got bumped off or arrested in the other episodes. I still haven't watched the first one so I might be missing something there.

• Love 1

@dwmarch yeah I will say that LA keepss me because the characters and actors.  It also helps that I wasn't a fan of Hetty (the female, LA version of Gibbs with about 100% more mercenary mixed in) and she hasn't been around for awhile (though I do hope the actress is okay). At the end of the day, NCIS is any version is probably ridiculous regardless of location but I'd watch Hawaii if it was on. Nobody made me want to go all stabby.

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, Maverick said:

I did get a chuckle when in Part I McGee says he hasn't been to the OSP 'since they moved into that Mexican restaurant."

Not to mention when Sam (or Callen) tells the out-of-towners about their "TOP SECRET" boat house that they can use as a Safe House.  It even has a secret entrance that they can come in from the water and they use  fake Kilbride to lure the baddies to the scene.

Balderdash!!!!!!!!!!!  The OSP team has brought every suspect, witness and victim to that boat house for years now.  Bad guys, good guys, and weird guys have been shown that location in every episode.  Unless they bring them in with a hood over their head.

That stupid boat house has bugged me for years now.  Not only is it Not secret anymore, but it is apparently quite remote from the (also secret?) HQ and surrounded by water on three sides, with multiple civilian boats docked just a few feet away.  That is likely the most un-secure spot in all of LA.

• LOL 1

The boat house isn't meant to be secret.  It's where they bring the rest of the world to keep their actual HQ super secret.   Sam said something to that effect in the episode, that to the outside world their HQ is just a water processing plant and the boat house ensures its secrecy.   Roundtree told fake CIA lady that the boat house was secret, which 1) why tell them about the boat house?  He had no way of knowing about the team's plan to use it to lure the villains  and 2) surely the bad guys knew about it already since they had intel on NCIS (to the point Parker speculated they were being spied on within HQ) and surely knew about the boat house if they knew about HQ

• Useful 1

I didn't see the NCIS and NCIS Hawaii episodes, just this one, so it took me a while to realise that Simon Williams wasn't Shay Mosley's ex (I looked him up and he was Spencer Williams. Couldn't they have picked a more different name?)